Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
European Championship 1:12 latest news!! >

European Championship 1:12 latest news!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

European Championship 1:12 latest news!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, that remains a problem.
When I've got more time I would like to try some well known outdoor tracks with a 1/12th and see how it goes.
I don't think it's that much of a problem, so I'll let you know how it goes.

And you were right about that M-auto had a winter competition only for 4wd 1/12th scale touringcars.

Maybe we can even bring the "1/12th scale dutch nationals" back, instead of the formula 1?!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Tekin
And you were right about that M-auto had a winter competition only for 4wd 1/12th scale touringcars.
That's what I thought, untill I read the final results. They listed both 4wd and 2wd!

Maybe they will organize a similar competition for coming winter. With some right tracks and better promotion it could be a succes.

To do the nationals you'll nead at least some 30 regular drivers and at least two or three clubs to organize the events...
Old 04-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually to start it up again you'd only need one club. Maybe Ede or Lage Zwaluwe would be willing to organize an open Dutch 12th scale Championship in a one off race?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Last year I saw there was a Euro Cup in France, does anybody know if this year will be something similar?

See you
Old 04-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Tony,

Although we're looking for 1:12th racing on a regular basis, finishing at the end of the season with a grand finaly like that would be a nice idea.

But as a single event you couldn't bring together enough drivers. But supported by a series of races could re-spark the interest in 1:12th in Holland.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Since there only is a dutch nationals ISTC at the moment, I think there will be quite some people who are interested.
Because not everyone likes TC's that much, there are also a lot of people who are still racing with direct driven cars like, pro10, F1 and CCT.
If you can create a good 1/12 competition I think there will be people who are willing to take the step from some direct driven class to 1/12.

1/12 also fills a hole, and makes a bridge between national, european and world classes.
The only 2 classes that are raced on the EC and WK with electric powered cars are TC's and 1/12.

Maybe you should organize a sort of meeting where this all can be discussed.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I'm glad to hear there is some interest in 1/12th in the Netherlands. After several sabbatical years I decided to
start racing again. But in Belgium there isn't really a club
that still organizes 12th races, besides MRCZ.
(annual touring and! 12th race somewhere in march&november, sorry for the website - obviously still a lot of work to do : MRCZ

I've got my own site about 1/12th at MRCZ (also still in progress, but a sign Belgian 1/12th isn't completely dead )
VANTOMME

I hope that there can be some brainstorming about 1/12th racing
in BE-NE (-FR)? Although I'm afraid it's going to be hard to organize the interested people...

(Oh, just to say something ON the 'Euros' subject, my god ! 4 cells - I've been away much too long - and where the ** was Spashett??? ps: well done Markus )
Old 05-01-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Benedictus!

Where have you been living...!
They've been racing with 4 cells for quite a long time.
David wasn't there because he became a father so he couldn't make it.
Nice sites by the way!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

This thread is getting better by the week.

I have race in Zwevegem once and it cost me a chassis on the steel boarding, bu then again, I couldn't drive that well in 1992.

Good to see both Deneef brothers are still racing. I always had a battle with them in Dordrecht.

The M-auto cometition visited Germany last year, maybe a trip to Belgium is possible?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Oh cool, this thread is getting serious and I see lots
of guys of the great past of 1/12 here!

Wow, Mr. Vantomme is back also!!!

Its a shame guys, you won't believe how many people
in Belgium or NL have a 1/12 car!
Even the top belgian guys, like Benoit or Steve Lambrechts
have a 1/12 car and they practice with it.
In Holland its a bit strange, really guys, so many people
having a 1/12 car, but no races for that!? Pretty much
of them do race some 1/12 in Germany, like VIOL track
or Megadrom.

There are people from the Velp club, I guess, having lots of 1/12
cars, as well as about 10 guys in the Swalmen club.
Together with the up northern guys in NL, like Jilles, Tony, Erik, Frans, Peter M., Mario, Marc and............, it would be so easy to
get something started again.
I think even Constant would race :-)

As you may know, here in our region still 1/12 is pretty popular, we even had 35-40 starters only for a german 1/12 qualifier.
Too bring all those guys from NL, GER and Belgium together, it would be so fantastic!

Marc, take it in your hands and sure, you will be getting all the support from me you need. Something like a Benelux 1/12 Champs with a series of 3 or 4 races and a final would be great.

There are enough tracks and clubs who would do that, like MRCZ, VIOL, Megadrom, Dortmund, Ede and so on........

And Erik, sure, if you really start 1/12 again, you get your Mobzappers
But I only believe that, when I really see you with a transmitter
in your hand again!

See ya guys,
Markus
Old 05-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey,

Offcourse you can count me in too. If we're racing a 4 cells 1:12th (inter)national series during the winter let me know when and where.

Markus is right, there are quite some people in Holland who own a 1:12th but most of them don't race them in races but just for fun. (like me)

If we have enough racers a international series would be great fun. Personally I think it should be possible to get this off the ground next winter.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Okay, suppose we're going ahead with 1:12th scale in Holland. What configuration should we choose?

4-cell is international the biggest class and not all cars have 6 battery slots. Maybe a need for receiver packs. (the need for extra 4-cell SpinTec Battery Managers )
Only Jilles has 4-cell experience.

6-cell would fit most cars drivers have laying around, no need for buying new cars. Everybody had 6-cell packs so re-soldering is also not necessary (although the hassle isn't to big).

6-cell with a stock 27 turns motor would probably sufficient, maybe the 19T rebuildable we've been running in the NOMAC Touringcar series for years. No need to buy new motors.

So, both options would be good, but which one would draw the biggest crowd?

Markus: What is the situation in Germany?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

On world wide base, the 4-cell configuration is by far the largest.
In germany there are quite some people who are racing with the 6 cell layout, as far as I know

I would prefer 4 cells.
If you are already running 4 cells and you have to switch to a 6 cell configuration you have to change a lot.
(brand new car and whole new batteries)
Vice versa isn't, you only have to take off 2 cells off your batteries (which is easily done) and put a modified motor in it.
And who hasn't got a modified motor? I guess just as many people who haven't got a stock motor.
If you would go for the 4 cell lay out, people will easier go to euros (maybe even worlds) or some other large races.
It's also cheaper for those who start if you choose for a 4 cell setup, and there aren't that many cars anymore that accept 6 cells.
Only the "old" 12L3, Corally's and the Calandra's 6-pack will accept it.

About reciever packs.
I've been running a 4 cell car for a couple of months now and I've got no problems with runtime (I'm using 3300's) what so ever. Because that's the only reason for using a reciever pack, voltage has nothing to do with it.

Ohh well... we'll see how others think about it!

Last edited by Tekin; 05-02-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Excellent! I love that brainstorming-mood ...

Honestly I feel a lot for a Be-De-Ne "championship".
Markus pointed out that there are really some 1/12th drivers out there in Germany! And also positive reactions from the Dutch side!

But first we must look into the matter of 'driver interest' (only for national races, or an international setup... for instance, maybe most drivers are not to keen to travel all the way to Belgium for a 1/12th race? So : an national or international setup?)

Besides interest... the problem of locations/number of races?
For what I heard already, with some lobbying, it should be possible to find at least one organisor (club) in the Netherlands, and Germany! (I can only speak for my club, MRCZ, and this club is very willing to organize a race (small scale, max 30 racers), for big events: MRCZ has only two fixed dates , next is 27 nov 2005 (always, march&november). (I 'll post some photos of MRCZ tracks and 'facilities' at my site when I come 'round to it)

I'm sure that answers to those two first questions are very important as starting point, interest and willingness from drivers- and 'club 'side. If we can't sort that out, there shouldn't be any further question about champ'ship rules or specifications (like 4 or 6 cells, ...)

ps
MBreve, maybe Zwevegem isn't such a good location after all... because we still use those -pretty damn hard- steel boarding ! - so only for people who can réally drive ...
(hmm maybe that's why we only have a handful 1/12th racers, mmm )
Old 05-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Oh guys, let me draw my point of vieuw about regulations:
In Germany we have the modified class, 4 cell, no motor limit and
stock, 6 cell, 27 turn, fixed timing. (for ex. Corally or GM Brilliant...)

This works really well here and even if TC is 6 cell, most of the people make the step to 4cell.

We also have to include the fact, that from 1st october brushless is allowed.
My suggestion would be to have a 4cell mod. class, no motor limit and brushless allowed, as well as a 27 stock class (only brushed motors, fixed timing)

As far as receiver packs in 4 cell are concerned, at the Euros in
Swifterband I ran with and without out, it was no difference.
Specially on wide layouts its not a thing to have specially.
Even at the Euros 2004 in AT, me and Bernhard Bopp ran without a receiver pack!
The only advantage is, little more runtime, and on very tide tracks slightly faster steering.

Well, Benedict, I would travel to Belgium or Holland for 1/12 races, why not?! The big advantage we have is, that all is very close together here, even if you would travel from north NL or BEL to a place in West Ger here, its not more than 200-250 km!!

Why don't we make it a Benelux Nats??

Markus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.