Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

whats up Mike I see your doing good with your new ride, keep it up
Old 01-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was just going to post what I noticed with the roll centers. I was running on a green carpet track today,on rubbers. I originally had 2-3mm spacers on both my SD (stock) and Stallion (19t). I ended up going with no spacers on my Stallion and when down 1mm-0mm on the SD. What I noticed was that both cars seemed to stay flatter through the whole corner. I ended up with a slightly faster overall lap and both cars were more consistent.

It seemed that the both cars gained traction for me by lowering the suspension arms. But since the track was green it can be deceiving, since the last time I ran my car was at Trackside with very high traction. I'm working with 2 totally different extremes.

King of B Main, where you running foams?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I run asphalt....sorex 36 with yokomo thin insert...

You said the carpet was green so with the chassis rolling for you maybe that helped you...
Old 01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Customworksking- I know dude. He was just asking who the US team drivers were.

Last edited by KyLayfield; 02-11-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Smile hold up

Originally Posted by KyLayfield
Customworksking- I know dude, I'm not an idiot. He was just asking who the US team drivers were.
I do not think u r a idiot in any way I don't know what u know nor u know what I know now we r on the same page that's all,he is a kyosho driver wish he ran a stallion,he is a VERY good driver and he would help me/us if he ran a stallion or SD ..the reason I said what I said was while I was @ the novak I went to who I knew for help and everyone told me to go to him and I did and after I seen his car well I felt everyone didn't know he wouldn't let me take a pic of it.........it's cool I want to see the Stallion in the A and I will do all I can to put it there and tell all I learn as well sorry ....K
Old 01-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Its cool. So how did you end up with your Rubber Tire car and 13.5 at the Novak?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

-US Team drivers- Josh Cyrul, Ron Atomic, Jason Swift, not sure about any others
aaron buran (cleveland)
Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My job at Kyosho is to not only race and promote as I am also an engineer to Kyosho Japan. Many of the ideas and crazy stuff I test is what goes into future products for Kyosho so we have to be carefull about letting people take pictures as several prototype ideas we have worked on were allowed to be photographed and then ended up on another companies cars... As well, if we do use some other companies parts to test (much cheaper than producing our own prototypes) then people think there is something major wrong with the current product because we were testing something else. This is why I don't allow pictures of any cars that are not 100% production anymore.

I wish I could give more help set-up wise for the current cars but unfortunetly, all my time has been spent working on prototypes to make all of you super happy with anything new that comes from Kyosho.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thanks Josh, and congrats at the Novak race... Your car was dialed...
Old 01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Talking car

Its cool. So how did you end up with your Rubber Tire car and 13.5 at the Novak?
2nd in the B with a bad push if I knew what I know now I would of made the A no prob I was turing the same fast lap times with push as the xray cars without,by Vegas iic I will be ready hope to get with King of the B ,Mike for help as well ...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default race

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
My job at Kyosho is to not only race and promote as I am also an engineer to Kyosho Japan. Many of the ideas and crazy stuff I test is what goes into future products for Kyosho so we have to be carefull about letting people take pictures as several prototype ideas we have worked on were allowed to be photographed and then ended up on another companies cars... As well, if we do use some other companies parts to test (much cheaper than producing our own prototypes) then people think there is something major wrong with the current product because we were testing something else. This is why I don't allow pictures of any cars that are not 100% production anymore.

I wish I could give more help set-up wise for the current cars but unfortunetly, all my time has been spent working on prototypes to make all of you super happy with anything new that comes from Kyosho.
I was going to try and make your race but it's all foam as U know the stallion is not made for foam heard they will have a 4mm chassis soon thou
Old 01-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
I was going to try and make your race but it's all foam as U know the stallion is not made for foam heard they will have a 4mm chassis soon thou
the stallion is fine on foams. buran had his car out tonight, and it was really good. very neutral and mild.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Arrow car

Originally Posted by seaball
the stallion is fine on foams. buran had his car out tonight, and it was really good. very neutral and mild.
I'm sure it is I never ran it with foams yet not sure when i will it's all rubber around here
Old 01-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

I watched Swift run at the eXpress Shootout and his car scrubed NO corner speed. The drivetrain was dead silent also. He posted his set-up a few pages back. The car was on rails.

Last edited by KyLayfield; 01-20-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

I was impressed last night on foams, Seaball I think we have a good starting point on the setup now, thanks for all the help. It seems like the alum upgrades fixed our tweaking problem. I think once I get some 6 degree castor blocks, we can make it even better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.