I ran mine yesterday box stock , did about 9 packs under really hot weather .. (like 90+ F).
- Stock baseline setting is very good for outdoor.
- Drivetrain definitely frees up considerably by breaking in.
It s a combinaison of bearings and also the parts settling in.
- Stock shocks are AWESOME ! up to par with tamiya, if not better. Hold up very well after extended use. no spring rub, alignment is really good.
- anodisation on the car is better than on tam or others in that it scatches way less.. probably a bit thicker.
- diff is hurting for some carbide balls all around, as it s just "ok" in my book after a few runs. It does the job though, new rings and carbide balls would do wonders.
Weaker points so far:
- Ballcups in steering assembly are the weak point ("fuse" part). The tread is a little short and i had the ballcup pop out (on impact!!
). replaced with a tam fluorine one that i threaded through
- The end cups rub a bit also at that spot on the stock setting in the toe blocks. (nothing major)
- Shim the front very tight because my front one way and input gear are visibly worn from my loose shimming (=totally my fault, did not shim per instructions)
(was running a Novak 5.5 so there WAS power though).
Overall, an excellent car, remarkably solid after 9 runs, extremely good quality on the swing shafts, no wear.
No play at all on the suspension anwhere, all while really stiff.. I love it !
I m sold
totally love the car.