Some things i would like to point out about the Kyosho car after building it....
1. No more E-clips in the suspenion arms. It's simply a small 2.5mm button screw that screws in the arm right next to the pin. On one end the hole is smaller so only one screw is required.
2. Toe front and rear is now set but using little plastic inserts on the red alloy blocks. Inlike the others you would have to purchase several blocks to get the desired toe. The Kyosho comes with all the possible degrees simply swaping the blocks.
3. The option for a spool is included with the kit But.... (refer to negatives)
4. The gear adapter is plastic!!!!! this thing does not run true and as it rotates you will notice the spur gear dance slightly. (same probelm with the old TF series that came with a plastic gear adapter. Gear adapters should be aluminum this better be one of the first upgrades by Kyosho!!!!!!!
1. I was missing 1 5X10 bearing for the front hub. But they were nice enough to give me an extra 3X6 bearing
2. there is a small copper collar which is stated to be used (item number 193) if you follow the instructions and use this collar the pin will never line up with the hole. not to mention the drive gear in the gear box will never seat in properly. All you do is throw this part away and your good to go!
3. They should have included 3x6 flanged bearings for the steering rack. They still supply the metal bushing which dates back to the TF touring car series (old habit i guess)
1. the instructions are too clear actually some parts are not needed or can't be applied to this car. I am not sure if it's a typo but these little tid bits slowed me down because i spent more time thinking if i should modify it to use the part or simply trash it and ship accordinly.
2. The car has allot of shimming and in instruction book it calls for 1 copper on the electronics side and 3 silver on the battery side. Well... the gear still has allot of slop i ended up running 4 on the battery side front and back. This will probably vary based on the diff case. I am assuming that there is a +/-.01" correction on the molding process.
3. Drive gear is very very small but lets see how to gear this bad boy
i will try the bad boy out this satruday, so far the car is built but i will be looking over and evaluating the design of the car and make changes that i see fit. there are some issues i want to correct on the car i will post them up as they are done.
So far Thanks Kyosho for a nice product!!!! Buy hurry up with the belt i have money for that car too!!!