Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

YR4: i have a similar setup running 40wt front and 50wt rear oil but every thign else is identical to your setup. i just guessed on it but our shock position will be different same as the shocks how you have the rebound piston setup.

the car is setup with
Front
0 toe
1 neg camber
40wt oil
Caster (stock what ever it is)
Kyosho yellow spring shock rotated 1/4 clock wise
5mm ride height
10Deg total throw left to right
shock mount lower hold 2nd one up from the bottom
Shock lower mount outer most hole
front sway bar

Rear
2 Toe in
2 neg deg camber
Kyosho Red Spring
50wt
5mm ride
shock mount lower row 3rd fron the middle
shock mount outer most hole on the arm
rear sway

guessing on gearing 116/34???

As for the stock tower had... you know what they blew them out for 100 bucks they had TONS i don't know who purchased them or where they went because by the time i found out which is in october 03 they were all sold out.

i am racing tomorrow KX and Losi as a back up if the KX gets wrecked. i will also send you a list of the parts that is still instock that we can order from Kyosho.

But as far as car kits they are all gone HK has a few i have soucred 8 kits but they want 200.00 each plus shipping.

Kyosho has allot of wear and tear parts so we are covered but they dont' have diffs or drive shafts which we can source out from other brands. the optional parts like gear adapters alloy rear hubs etc those are gone too it's all OEM replacement parts. the way i see it they have enough parts for both of us to race this car for about 2 years or longer.

But right now this is going to be my primary car i am sick of the other cars right now

so i hope to see you at the track tomorrow and swap setups.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Dude you're in too deep!!! Just have fun with it. Man....I thought I had it bad when I picked up (5) of these things for cheap of the net.

Other than the FRP sideplates, my car is basically stock other than the threaded shocks I got of a V -One-R. I figure the threaded bodies would allow for adjusting different load levels since there is no droop adjustment.

As for your gearing, I think you're too tall. I've got mine with 126 spur with 29 pinion on a Birdman Monster Stock. Keep in mind that this is a belt car.

As for parts, I'm looking for that blue finned motor heatsink plate that Tower was selling a while back for $45. I'm looking to see if I could get it for maybe $20.

Also what is needed are the front hubs in 4,7 and 10 deg in the "V" hard plastic. These are the same hubs used in the TF-4 which were later discontinued at Tower. Also the 1 & 2 deg rear toe hubs. Not only can these hubs be used on the KX and TF, but they can also be used on the TF-5. Not sure if the front hubs on TF-5 is compatable because it looks different.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

the Kyosho parts list i have had no special motor mount (i know which one you want) i was also hoping for that part.

on the Hubs none were listed on the list either not even the stock caster blocks. on the rear hubs they only have the standard ones left. they were the same as the Spider GP car the last ones that came out b4 the V-series.

i can't wait for the new kyosho cause i know most of the hubs will be interchangable with the KX. this way the KX can still stay alive.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

How can they not have optional rear hubs? The ZX-5 uses exactly the same rear hub as the KX/TF4. So why shouldn't they have the addtional ones with 1 and 2 deg toe?

Also I haven't tried it but the new ZX-5 front hubs should also work because it uses the same steering knuckles from before.

I'm rather surprised that Kyosho doesn't have this information down to release to the public. Did Great Planes really do all that much work for Kyosho in cross checking all the interchangeability among its parts?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

the list was made by hand so no corss checking was done. it was simply part numbers taken from the instructions then checked with what was on hand.

do you have numbers for the additional rear hubs front he ZX??? i can order them my local LHS
Old 03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

From who? Hobby"whore"house??? No thanks.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

yo joo dis'n on the hoose!?!?

which hubs? I will check on to this.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

i don't know the part number but if you look up the KX manual online take that part number VSW or VSO something it should be like Vxxxxx-2 the -2 is the degree. if you have a 2 4 or even a 6 for caster and there is a 0 2 4 for the rear hubs.

let me know

YR-4 yeah i am talking about HW i get my kyosho parts fast! all other brands you have to wait in line like the rest of the world.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

YR-4 DUDE thanks for the tip dude!!! car is hooked i say 90% i need to sit down try different tire selections, and twak on the radio. the car is very darty too darty which i have to get used to.

compared to my JRXS with the 10deg total throw left/right it has more steering that i would ever want.

thanks again
Old 03-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

some goodies i found for us KX one owners... parts we can never get or find on earth

Front universals to prevent the front one way from blowing up

Sweet Motor plate

front suspension pivot to 0deg vs the standard 2deg

Bling Bling hubs

as you can see i have no clue how to post pictures here.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-kxw06.gif   Kyosho Touring Car-kxw08.gif   Kyosho Touring Car-kxw11.gif   Kyosho Touring Car-sp107v.gif   Kyosho Touring Car-spw123.gif  

Old 03-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

5thscale. - loosen the front end or give it some more toe-out that will help with the dartiness.

Anyhow for me I think I will stick with the KX until I get beat real bad. If that happens I'll bring out the T2. But then I might be able to run it until the new K-Car comes out.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Okay, I remember Gearhead said that these parts were just sitting in Japan waiting to be brought over because Tower didn't care to carry them. So now that Kyosho America is in charge will they be available to be brought hear??????? Huhhhhhhh Gearhead????????????????

Let me guess, you guys aren't interested in going through the customs paperwork just to satisfy a couple of KX-One enthusiasts. Right?
Old 03-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

I wish kyosho jp take direct orders and have the ability to send the parts regular postal mail or something?

I will be willing to fly out there to pick up some stuff while on vacation. either way i would love to get my hands on some of those parts.

I can get the motor mount made small batch probably cost about 25-30 ea for 5 of them.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Those rear hubs would work for the Lazer zx5.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

they actually do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.