Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Kyosho Touring Car >

Kyosho Touring Car

Kyosho Touring Car

Old 09-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

any idea what gearing for brushed stock though?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Look for Ron Atomics setup it should be on the kyosho.com homepage. Great starting point..

Ron Atomics setup
(pdf)
Old 09-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spool fix and others....

Hi guys,

New to the Kyosho Stallion stable (no pun intended) and must say I really like the car

Just had a brief look back through this thread and seen that a few people have had trouble with the spool and outdrives? I've been running the car for 2 months now and was breaking spools and center bosses quite regularly so decided to pull it apart and try and fix the issue.

Titanium Racing have made me a lightweight spool for the car with plastic outdrives (similar to the JP spool Fabien mentioned a few pages back) that I have run now since end August and I am still on the original outdrives . We found that the length of the driveshafts played a massive part in how quickly the spools were wearing out, so TiR also made me some longer front and rear driveshafts which again have helped massively. These are about 3-4mm longer than kit and put all the stress closer to the diff bearings, thus making it all last longer.

On the rear I fitted the Alu diff (just for looks) but to stop the outdrives spreading and wearing the blades quicker I used the retainer rings from the original front spool. Again so far I am still on my first set of blades

I have put some pics below, but if you have any questons let me know and I will try and help. I have a handfull of setups for the Shin too which I will try and get online later this week.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-driveshafts.jpg   Kyosho Touring Car-front-spool.jpg   Kyosho Touring Car-rear-diff.jpg  
Old 10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

As promised a few setups for the Stallion Shin:

Medium Grip Bumpy Medium size Track

High Grip Smooth Fast Flowing Large Track

Medium Grip Smooth Flowing Large Track

Any questions etc. just pm me or ask here and I will try and help. All the setups give a sharp but stable car to drive, good turn in and excellent corner speed.

Dave
Old 10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I)arkness
you would probably be better off with the steel ones, but saying that you could end up going through a lot more blades. im using the aluminum ones and wear the blades sit its worn down the outdrives.(will post a pic tonight to show you)

there are also some after market ones mad by 3racing i think for like $12.50US which are steel and dont use blades which also could be an option.

I got the steel ones, bu haven't got around to fitting them yet. Would they be more beneficial on the front for the steering or rear for the drive ??
Old 10-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would run them up front, as the front generally is under more load, but as I)arkness says you will probably end up going through blades.

Dave
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all! I am new to Kyosho SHIN Edition and i heard from a guy that the Spool is bad. So i wonder what spool is the best and where can i buy one?

I heard from i friend the Kyosho Spool if you glued the inner bearings on the outdrives you can make the Spool hold a little better.

So, i want 2 know what spool is the best and where i can buy it and it has to fit a SHIN edition

Greets
Old 10-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy63
Hi all! I am new to Kyosho SHIN Edition and i heard from a guy that the Spool is bad. So i wonder what spool is the best and where can i buy one?

I heard from i friend the Kyosho Spool if you glued the inner bearings on the outdrives you can make the Spool hold a little better.

So, i want 2 know what spool is the best and where i can buy it and it has to fit a SHIN edition

Greets
The Kyosho Aluminum Spool is the best setup. I have had 40+ runs on a single spool. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default One-way

I'm running the TF-5 RTR and would like to get better turn in. Would running a one-way instead of the ball diff help with this ? Also, I've got part LA201 Steel diff shaft, will I be able to use this with the one-way or do I need other parts ?

Thanks in advance.

32819toon
Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MDawson
The Kyosho Aluminum Spool is the best setup. I have had 40+ runs on a single spool. Good luck.
Kyosho spool is good, but to help it last longer I recommend using the saver rings that come with the plastic outdrives

Dave
Old 10-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 32819toon
I'm running the TF-5 RTR and would like to get better turn in. Would running a one-way instead of the ball diff help with this ? Also, I've got part LA201 Steel diff shaft, will I be able to use this with the one-way or do I need other parts ?

Thanks in advance.

32819toon
Hi 32819toon,

One way will generally give you more turn in but then you lose the ability to brake. Not had a good look at the RTR car but can you move the front link to the outer hole on the mounts? That would help with turn in and you can still brake. If the LA201 is what I remember then these are just steel outdrives for a normal diff (??) If so you can't use them with the one way. What you need is the Alu centre boss if you want to make the oneway body stronger.

Dave

Last edited by DeLaSoul; 10-28-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: silly mistake :)
Old 10-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DeLaSoul
Hi 32819toon,

move the front link to the outer hole on the mounts
Dave
"front link", "mounts" - could you be a bit more specific. Thanks for your help.

32819toon
Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi 32819toon,

Sorry if I was unclear . See the attached pic from the TF-5 Manual, I have highlighted the area I was refering to. I would imagine the kit setup would have the upper front link mounted in hole "3". Move it to 2 and reset your camber and try that to get more steering into the corner. If you still want more then move to hole 1.

HTH

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Touring Car-mounts.jpg  
Old 10-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DeLaSoul
Hi 32819toon,

Sorry if I was unclear . See the attached pic from the TF-5 Manual, I have highlighted the area I was refering to. I would imagine the kit setup would have the upper front link mounted in hole "3". Move it to 2 and reset your camber and try that to get more steering into the corner. If you still want more then move to hole 1.

HTH

Dave
Thanks Dave, it's in hole 2, so I'll change it to 1. I'm racing tomorrow night so I'll try it out then.

Thanks again
Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Does anyone know where I can get some Shin parts? They're near impossible to get here in the States. Looking for TF131, TF126 and TF132. PM me if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Canyon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.