Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive been running a frankenstein 1/12 that has been running prety well. I'm pretty sure its not legal for 17.5 at this race because its not a production car, but does anyone know if it would be legal in 13.5?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Just to clarify...I was under the impression that you cannot run both mod and 17.5 in the same class...is this true?

If so I see some entries that need to be fixed already

Anyway I am in...see you guys in March!
The form let Joey and I register in those classes, that's all I know

I think both of us are expecting emails/phone calls from ROAR, though.

We shall see.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -showtime-
Ive been running a frankenstein 1/12 that has been running prety well. I'm pretty sure its not legal for 17.5 at this race because its not a production car, but does anyone know if it would be legal in 13.5?
As long as the car meets ROAR spec for what a pan car should be for dimensions, suspension, driveline, etc... it should be fine.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Not sure if it is ok for stock. Best bet would be to get a hold of a rule book. From what I remember, and personal experience, non- commercially available cars are not allowed in the spec (stock) classes.

At the 98 nats, my Dad got a first Gen Kawada SV-10 that I was going to run. Long story short, car broke so I did not end up using it, however we were made aware we would not be able to run in in stock, had we had the opportunity.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -showtime-

It should be legal since it seems like you used production parts to Frankenstein the car. Similar to tc guys running tamiya shocks with xxxx brand springs and an aftermarket brand for dcj
Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
At the aspahalt nats you could add a class, they prefer pre-reg, but it was possible.
I believe roar has a 250 entry cap.
We have a facility 110 person cap.

Originally Posted by artwork
Just to clarify...I was under the impression that you cannot run both mod and 17.5 in the same class...is this true?

If so I see some entries that need to be fixed already

Anyway I am in...see you guys in March!
Note the status- paid but unverified. I suspect a human at roar will resolve those issues.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

There are some one off handmade parts on the car, but its 90% production BMI parts. It's basically a BMI Copperhead converted to inline and running links and springs instead of the flex plates.

I know they had a rule about no prototypes in the stock class. My question is what is their deffinition of a prototype and is the rule in effect for superstock classes?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

im pretty sure any handmade, one off, or modified parts are not legal in stock.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Not sure if it is ok for stock. Best bet would be to get a hold of a rule book. From what I remember, and personal experience, non- commercially available cars are not allowed in the spec (stock) classes.

At the 98 nats, my Dad got a first Gen Kawada SV-10 that I was going to run. Long story short, car broke so I did not end up using it, however we were made aware we would not be able to run in in stock, had we had the opportunity.
The rule applies to manufacturers running prototypes, one-off's and non-production parts in stock classes. That's a no-no. However, individuals can run their own creations...as long as they are not being supported by a manufacturer. In the stock classes manufactured cars and parts have to be available for sale at least by the time of the event so all participants can have access to them.

For example:

I can piece together a 1/12 car from CRC, SM and AE parts and run that in stock.

I cannot run a new SpeedMerchant front end on my 12R5.2 if its not in production.

If someone suspects funkiness they have to file a complaint with the race director/ROAR rep. and they will look into it.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Based upon what I understand Christian is spot on. Not OK for 17.5. OK for mod. Since 13.5 is listed as exhibition it "should" be OK.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
Based upon what I understand Christian is spot on. Not OK for 17.5. OK for mod. Since 13.5 is listed as exhibition it "should" be OK.
Eli Ezrow had trouble with running one of the CEFX cars at the 2009 carpet nats if I remember right had to change to a production car as josh had cut a chassis for several cars to run that weekend and only that weren't available in the hobby shops.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I run a Trinity 17.5 Monster Lock motor and was wondering if I will be able to run that at the nats. along with the Parma Mohawk body?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by al dente
im pretty sure any handmade, one off, or modified parts are not legal in stock.
From the amount of grinding, drilling and hacking that happens on your cars aren't they all considered one-off?

Last edited by Clegg; 01-23-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM

Registered! See you guys in March.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clegg
From the amount of grinding, drilling and hacking that happens on your CRC cars aren't they all considered one-off?
negative...... my stock car is just that.... box stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.