Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Mike Gee's driving in A3 of 17.5 was fantastic. It's hard to follow and pressure someone like he was doing to Art without hitting them or blowing out yourself. Very respectful driving, something that seems all too rare these days. That sort of thing really gets lost in the shuffle, but it stood out to me as a highlight from all the racing I watched. And kudos to Art for maybe being the most clutch driver at the nats. So close to a title. Xavier, though, man he earned it. Perfect runs get it done.
Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. After the way A1 and A2 went for me I wanted to leave on a good note, and I was finally able to get away from the start and have some good racing with Art. I was hoping for a mistake when I started grilling the angus as we would say, but to his credit he never did. Best time of the weekend by far for me. Wish I could make it to your race next month, hope it goes well for you guys
Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow, where do I begin?

First, I have to complement ROAR on an outstanding job. Once the motor tech situation got resolved, things were really smooth. I've haven't been a particularly big supporter of ROAR as of late, but the guys at the race were total class. And they were willing to listen to the racers.

And finally, the XRay T4, what a ride. At a race where cars were traction rolling every lap, it stayed flat the entire week no matter how hard I sawed on the wheel. I nearly quit RC after driving a car at Snowbirds that rolled non-stop. It was very nice to be on the other end of that problem for once.
Yep.
Was a bit worried when we were in that motor line Wednesday night.....
Roar got things sorted out very quickly and races were run flawlessly.
Tech went off without a hitch..and I was never late for a race because of this.
Most of the racing infraction calls were fair and swift.
Great job ROAR.

T4 gets two thumbs up from me-Think you were in on a conversation with Mark and I talking about high grip days... and I said well..my car was not traction rolling

Was nice to meet you guys. I hope we get to race with each other again some day.

Dawson..was good to see you again bud. I am glad you got to relive some of our beautiful pre spring weather.I am sure it was missed.

If anybody has links to pictures (saw a bunch of flashes this week) please post them up.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Some thing is wrong. The race is over and no one is complaining. I'm fearing the end of the world is near.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Some thing is wrong. The race is over and no one is complaining. I'm fearing the end of the world is near.
LOL

I know Trinity isn't complaining...

I just saw this a few minutes ago... sorry, had to do it... lol
Old 03-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Awesome time this past week! Everything about the event was run professionally and smoothly. My only complaint was how long it took to go through motor tech... but on the flip side, it was nice to have the peace of mind that everyone's motor was legal before racing even began.

Track layout was a blast... very smooth/flowing and a ton of fun to drive. The dots/discs made for some really tight qualifying and racing... Grip was good once it came up.

A huge thank you to both ROAR's RMT and all the Horsham guys that made this event possible. Most fun I have had at a travel race all year!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

to all my fans, i would like to extend a personal apology for failing at the 2013 carpet ants. the level at which i drove could be likened only to the pungent odor and solid waste tumbling down the horsham sewer lines after a full night of yuengling and hot wings.

thanks to al sodano, larry, hanulec, goat, and the rest of the crew. as well as the rmt from roar.

i have recently been considering leaving the hobby, and coming home from a race like this looking back on how much fun i have with all my nerdy rc guru buddies makes it worth the agony of being completly horrible at racing. congrats to all the winners, especially randy grosse. the wiley, old, north dakota farmer who won World gt.

looking forward to seeing some of you at the MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS in a few weeks.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Hard to complain about the race after how it went. The local Horsham crew was great and I personally felt like part of the family. ROAR did a great job despite the rough start.

The Wawa market is a game changer and should be required at every National level event going forward.

The racing in the mains was pretty great. Drivers were clean and very controlled. It was great to be apart of a race this great.

Big props to X fro the clutch drive in A3...started 1 second apart and finished 9 tenths apart...despite Mike Gee trying to give me a prostate exam on the track. Gee simply would not go away...as it should be!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone at Horsham and ROAR RMT. Outstanding event and very smooth race program. Even the pit space concerns weren't an issue!

I was bummed Art didn't have all his sponsors in his sig announced with driver intros though
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption
LOL

I know Trinity isn't complaining...

I just saw this a few minutes ago... sorry, had to do it... lol
Haha. Just e-mailed them to let them know I TQed 1/12 17.5T with my Fantom Apex 17.5T.

Love the deathstar.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Haha. Just e-mailed them to let them know I TQed 1/12 17.5T with my Fantom Apex 17.5T.

Love the deathstar.
And I may be mistaken, but didn't Larry TQ WGT w/ his D3.5?
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
Thanks to everyone at Horsham and ROAR RMT. Outstanding event and very smooth race program. Even the pit space concerns weren't an issue!

I was bummed Art didn't have all his sponsors in his sig announced with driver intros though
Yeah I ran out of room on the sheet Besides everyone knows how much support I get from Kitchen Aid toasters (with Bagel Setting)!
Tech Elite

Jon Williams for being a good sport!
Hey, Syn, my pleasure. The 'B' was literally a Sunday morning drive for me. Like I said I was actually relaxed and having fun racing with you even if I may have been a lap up.

In any case was impressed with your 13.5T run. Nice job.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kuruption
And I may be mistaken, but didn't Larry TQ WGT w/ his D3.5?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by artwork
The Wawa market is a game changer and should be required at every National level event going forward.
You aren't kidding!! The Wawa was the sh!t! Great sammiches from a little convenience store/whatever.

I think I ate all but 2 of my meals at the Wawa
Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jon Williams

Love the deathstar.
Jon, your Stock 12th was awesome to watch man! That car was blisteringly fast. Glad to see you bring it home in A3.

Thanks again for the help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.