Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals >

ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals

ROAR 2013 Carpet On-Road Nationals

Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

To Al, Larry, Michael and the rest of the Horsham crew,

Thank you guys putting this event together and bringing national level races to our region. Being an off-road guy, I somewhat lost my on-road virginity the last four days while being able to observe the racing from the sidelines. By the way, the traction compound works great from the carpet, my shoes were still sticking to the treadmill this morning.

A big shout out to all the respectful, clean driving I was able to witness this weekend. I can say from the off-road side, we would never be able to hold practice without turn marshalls and I was pretty suprised at how well this was done by all of you. Now for next year, there needs to be at least one jump on the back stretch to make it interesting.

Jason Mackanick
ROAR Region 2 Director

Last edited by jmackani; 03-18-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Back in Colorado!

Huge thanks to the Horsham crew and everyone at ROAR for putting on a great event! I didn't finish up as well as I had hoped, but the racing was a blast and getting to see/meet everyone was a hoot and a holler!

:madprops: to everyone involved, I am looking forward to seeing some (many) of you at MHIC here in about a month!

- Chris Hillier
Old 03-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great event! One of the best ROAR nats to date!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ARC USA
Live RC has the results up...Congrats to Josh Cyrul and Team ARC for the win in Mod, NICE come back!!!
Originally Posted by Besercoe
Any link? Thats the worlds worst website.
Seriously. How do you find anything on that stupid page?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Big Thanks to LIVE RC for hosting HD video on Sunday

Next best thing to being there

Looked like a lot of fun
Old 03-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Steve S
Seriously. How do you find anything on that stupid page?
Click the live broadcasting link on the right. Then select the ROAR Onroad Nats from the list on your left. Then select results from the right.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks. Silly me, looking in the "Race Results" category
Old 03-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve S
Thanks. Silly me, looking in the "Race Results" category
You're not the only one, and when I did look in the live broadcast results area, I can only see the A1 results, not all 3 races.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I see you guys let Randy Grosse win WGT. Whats the deal, nobody else enter the class?

:P
Old 03-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you Horsham crew for putting on a great race. Facility was top notch and track was awesome. Congratulations to all the winners.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Just got home. Thanks to everyone that was involved with getting the race together. Great job. Thanks to all the locals for making me feel that this was my home track. Thanks to whoever buys the toilet paper it was great.. Thanks to the whole Xray crew for doing a great job. Thanks to my buddies Dumper and Mario for the pit entertainment.

Great race, great track, great people, great toilet paper.

Thanks Drew
Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Just got home. Thanks to everyone that was involved with getting the race together. Great job. Thanks to all the locals for making me feel that this was my home track. Thanks to whoever buys the toilet paper it was great.. Thanks to the whole Xray crew for doing a great job. Thanks to my buddies Dumper and Mario for the pit entertainment.

Great race, great track, great people, great toilet paper.

Thanks Drew
You forgot to thank the sandwich lady!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
You forgot to thank the sandwich lady!
We all the thought she was coming back on Sunday to be the "trophy cougar"
Old 03-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default Results

Sorry if this is redundant, but does anyone have a link to the full triple A main results? I only see one main completed on the LiveRC site.

Also, how about the professional trophy presentation pics? Anyone know if these will be posted somewhere?
Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow, where do I begin?

First, I have to complement ROAR on an outstanding job. Once the motor tech situation got resolved, things were really smooth. I've haven't been a particularly big supporter of ROAR as of late, but the guys at the race were total class. And they were willing to listen to the racers.

Horsham is an awesome track. You guys have a great thing going out there. Al, hanulec, Larry, Dennis and all the others, you went so far above and beyond to make this truly the perfect event. It's easily the best time I've had traveling to a race ever.

LiveRC, take my money. Putting those videos online and sending someone out to support on-road goes a LONG way with me.

Did anybody have more fun than our corner of the pits? Is that even possible? Scrimo and Dawson nearly sent me to the ER I laughed so hard.

Jon Williams for being a good sport!

Mike Gee's driving in A3 of 17.5 was fantastic. It's hard to follow and pressure someone like he was doing to Art without hitting them or blowing out yourself. Very respectful driving, something that seems all too rare these days. That sort of thing really gets lost in the shuffle, but it stood out to me as a highlight from all the racing I watched. And kudos to Art for maybe being the most clutch driver at the nats. So close to a title. Xavier, though, man he earned it. Perfect runs get it done.

I got to meet Ralph as "syndr0me" instead of Adam. He was pretty nice about it.

I think the middle of the B to the middle of the A in 17.5 sedan was separated by about 3 seconds. Crazy. Too bad I was on the wrong side of that, but the competition there was fantastic. So many good drivers putting in nearly flawless runs. I didn't tap a thing in my run, it just took a few blown lines and a few lost tenths. That's the kind of racing I like to be a part of!

And finally, the XRay T4, what a ride. At a race where cars were traction rolling every lap, it stayed flat the entire week no matter how hard I sawed on the wheel. I nearly quit RC after driving a car at Snowbirds that rolled non-stop. It was very nice to be on the other end of that problem for once.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.