Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Thunder Tiger to buy Associated >

Thunder Tiger to buy Associated

Thunder Tiger to buy Associated

Old 04-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Legend

Default Re: another icon going down!

Originally posted by vic0280
well looks like i will look toward a switch as well. not the jealousy thing, or anything to do with that. just another disappointment of another US company bought out. i dont care where most parts get manufactured and i understand globalization. it would just be nice to see the profits stay in the US and not overseas.

just my $.02 as i live in the detroit area, drive domestic based cars and try to support companies that are based in the US..

i would rather pay more and support a U.S. based company, than one that is not..

Go buy a GTO !!! Ha !
Old 04-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
nah i want to see a seden that can take off vertically when over taking slower cars.
Ever seen Barry Baker drive? Oh wait, it's usually the car Barry's passing that takes off vertically!! J/K Barry!!

Ian
Old 04-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

It sucks when any american company goes oversea's. There were comments on some other threads about the sky is falling! because of companies going over seas, well wake up because it wont be the sky it will be the universe. There have been plenty of market anilyst saying the asians are getting stronger and this is to prove them right. Guys this wont be pretty and its going to get worse!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: another icon going down!

Originally posted by vic0280
well looks like i will look toward a switch as well. not the jealousy thing, or anything to do with that. just another disappointment of another US company bought out. i dont care where most parts get manufactured and i understand globalization. it would just be nice to see the profits stay in the US and not overseas.

just my $.02 as i live in the detroit area, drive domestic based cars and try to support companies that are based in the US..

i would rather pay more and support a U.S. based company, than one that is not..
I hope you don't drive a Chrysler then...
Old 04-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: another icon going down!

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
I hope you don't drive a Chrysler then...
The German's are not even close to hurting the American economy....but the Asian's are a different story!!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

you guys never know if this change will do AE the company good! maybe, maybe not .
Old 04-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by linger
Odds are that the parts of questionable quality from AE come from a US molder and the higher quality parts come from overseas.
Linger,
What are your facts for backing up this stupid comment? How can you make this assumption that questionable parts come from a U.S. molder? My family and I have owned one of the best custom injection molding shops here in Ohio for the past 40 years. You don't stay in business for that long and earn the reputation we have by doing questionable work. And yes, we have been doing some work overseas for the past few years as have most manufacturers. Overseas job sourcing is a result of the customer demanding lower prices, not better quality. The Asian market has put all manufacturers in a "sink or swim" situation. As for "better quality" from overseas? I have seen both good parts and some horrible crap that I don't even want in my dumpster.
Think before opening your mouth!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by LoSi xXx S
you guys never know if this change will do AE the company good! maybe, maybe not .
Our comments have nothing to do with making TT making Associated better...but it has everything to do with an American Company selling out to a foreign one.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by TheTurtleMan

AE can take this down now. Better find them a Jap flag.......
Jap flag? Get a clue!

TAIWANESE FLAG!

Old 04-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Old 04-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by stonedgti
Jap flag? Get a clue!

TAIWANESE FLAG!

Any difference?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dude, you're going to get a lot of people pissed talking like that.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Fuzzy
Linger,
What are your facts for backing up this stupid comment? How can you make this assumption that questionable parts come from a U.S. molder?
I think Linger knows more about the inner workings of AE than you do...I'm sure he has facts to support his comments. But of course he's not allowed to disclose it on the net.

It's a globalized market, and yes, you either swim or drown. That is the reality of things.

I am saddened that a innovative American company has been bought out. I just hope Thunder Tiger keeps the integrity of AE in tact, and design even better products.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TheTurtleMan
Any difference?
Yes, it proves you are uneducated!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: another icon going down!

Originally posted by koabich
The German's are not even close to hurting the American economy....but the Asian's are a different story!!
The comment made was that he didn't want profits from his $$ heading overseas...not who is influencing the US Economy to a greater extent.

In the North American market I thnk we'd be well served to take a look at some of the work and business practices used overseas. We, as a culture, seem to have a sense of entitlement as opposed to wanting to work for what we have. Like every broadsweeping statement there are of course exceptions to this..but seriously take a look around.

Fuzzy take pride in his work...which he should...unfortunately too many DON'T take pride in their work....it's somebody else's problem..and until that changes (which it is...slowly) it makes the landscape lok a little scary here...(This seems to apply mostly in assembly... mold, Die and Automation build seems to be of high quality here)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.