Community
Wiki Posts
Search

accident and some wierd funny motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default accident and some wierd funny motor

I am angry because i was racing with other guy and i went ahead to catch up with that guy and i think he went on my lane path and flipped over my car or its due to my one wobbly uneven foam tyre...

My left tyre came off and left out hanging. i hit his right rear tyre. i went to check my car and fit my left tyre back and i realised the motor isnt moving when i throttle.. i checked the esc and the lights are fine but the motor isnt.

The esc is lrp sxx tc spec and the lights are normal. when i reset the switch and its fine then motor stop spinning. I flick the spur gear and motor starts to move after i throttle. the motor is lrp x12 3.5t. I rolled the car to check the sound from the motor and it isnt the same. its like a loud click then little click or double little click as u can feel it. same thing when i throttle the motor moves then i slowly brake or hard brake.. then throttle.. it stopped moving. The esc showing throttle/brake is normal.

I asked the other guys and they say its the esc that broke inside and its not the motor. Either it could be lipo not giving power or the motor thats broke inside.

I went back to my home and i re checked my car. it was all normal. motor still moves with throttle/ brake and throttle.

Right now i am puzzled either one of them are indeed broken but not showing its signs.. pleaseee helpp now i gotta burn more money then. sooo pisstakeee....
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check your sensor wire between the ESC and the motor. I'll bet one of the leads broke or it isn't seated properly.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

oh of course i didnt check the sensor wire... if its due to a bad motor then what other good brands for a reliable fast motor? hobbywing? orion? etc