Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys, regarding the tamiya spool, do the shaft that hold the steel cups come out during usage? do u glue them in?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spool

Originally Posted by WakattE
hey guys, regarding the tamiya spool, do the shaft that hold the steel cups come out during usage? do u glue them in?
Their held on with a pin and then the bearing covers the hole and keeps the pin in place!
NO GLUE!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ttso
I'm running on small asphalt track, always run front diff as it allow me to brake and turn at the same time, much more aggressive than 1way, which if you brake-turn, you spin.
i'm using a front one way and like you said if i brake i spin any suggestions on how to prevent or minimize this effect when using a front one way, thanks
Old 06-21-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

I use a centre one-way, so the same issue, what I do is set my transmitter to pulse the brake (ABS on a KO) and turn the brakes down, I can slam on the brakes to regress the speed to go into a corner, I set it so that in a straight line it just starts to slide the rear. But I use the brake mostly at the turn-in point of the corner, and the slide aides getting the car in tighter.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
I use a centre one-way, so the same issue, what I do is set my transmitter to pulse the brake (ABS on a KO) and turn the brakes down, I can slam on the brakes to regress the speed to go into a corner, I set it so that in a straight line it just starts to slide the rear. But I use the brake mostly at the turn-in point of the corner, and the slide aides getting the car in tighter.
ok thanks will do that did not know that i can also use the ABS function of my radio to an Electric TC all the while i thought that it is only used for Nitro vehicles
Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst

Yes, Thats an excellent idea!! Would you mind sharing your ABS/brake settings? I have a KO (Helios) as well.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Acturally if you use front one-way, you try not to brake at all.

First you use brake-travel to limite the brake stength to a very small level that will slightly slow your car down, just a bit faster than off-throttle drag brake. Than, you increase front steering, loose rear for rotation. If you get a right setting, it would be like off-throttle > turn > corner in. No brake unless you get into a 180 hairpin corner. Than it's like brake > off-throttle > turn > corner in.

The driving style with front 1way is very very different with front-diff/spool, setting also be very different. For me my driving style fit diff/spool best, and bcz my track is small and lots corner, plus I run stock, I use diff.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

I shall dig out my KO later and rummage through the menu's and post the setting for them.

It acts live a harsh drag brake, but by setting the transmitter up to do it rather than calibrating the ESC then reducing the EPA, it means you can swap ESC and keep the exact setting.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

Got to run my TA05 on the track today for the first time. Must say I am very impressed by how smooth it is. I did manage to pull a rear inner suspension pin out of the suspension mount. Which cracked the mount. But overall it performed very well. My current setup is pretty much stock, with 3 racing shocks with 40wt oil, 3 racing front one way, and cs27 tires.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

I'm running my 05R for the first time tomorrow. Must admit, I've been a little disappointed with the way the build went(those grey plastic ball ends are awful) and how a couple of the factory options I'd bought didn't work as well as I felt they should.

I ordered the Tamiya option carbon fibre battery plate. It came with two blue aluminium standoffs to replace the factory ones. When fitted, there was a good 2-3mm of clear air between the cells and the snap pins. I'm assuming this is due to the plate needing to be high enough to allow the fitting of stick packs but I certainly didn't expect my 4200's to be floating around semi-restrained. After a bit of searching around, I found some suitable rubber grommets to keep things locked down.

The lightweight center layshaft could also have done with a couple of shims included. Considering the kit itself has all sorts of extra fasteners included I don't think one or two suitable sized washers packaged with the layshaft would go amiss.

I'll reserve judgement until tomorrows maiden run, I have a feeling I'll be in a much more positive frame of mind.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Simon K
I'll reserve judgement until tomorrows maiden run, I have a feeling I'll be in a much more positive frame of mind.
You will be...
Old 06-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

You will be very surprised how good this car is out of the box, I have lost count of the number of people who praise the car after the first run. Especially the TCS guys who have moved from the TB-02 and TA-04.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is there anything you need to get hop-up wise right off the bat for this car, or can it be run competitively at local club races? i know it is the "R" version with all the goodies, but as we all know, some cars need one or two pieces necessary to be truly race-worthy. do any exist in the 05R?
thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
is there anything you need to get hop-up wise right off the bat for this car, or can it be run competitively at local club races? i know it is the "R" version with all the goodies, but as we all know, some cars need one or two pieces necessary to be truly race-worthy. do any exist in the 05R?
thanks
I don't own an 05R but the 05 needed a few parts to be truly race-worthy. The 05R has all of the extras the 05 didn't. My 05 has been upgraded but I still don't have all of the parts that are on the 05R. It's a great value.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
thanks
the 05R is already loaded with almost all of the hop-ups that goes with the kit and already is a very raceworthy car but if you like you can still add a few hop-ups like the carbon fiber shock towers ( front and rear), carbon fiber foam bumper holder and the aluminum motor mount

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.