Old 09-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
BTW....The TL is ready.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Hey guys, how friendly is the TA05 chassis to the new larger cells? Any fitting issues to report. With and without shrink wrap...

Thanks
Old 09-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

IB3800 with cell shrink, fit in snug but with no problems.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Top plates

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
As much as I like the look of the Tech-Racing top deck, it don't brace what I think need bracing, the gearboxes to the chassis,. . .
I agree with that, but if I can get a carbon plate just between the 2 gearboxes, then I think that much would be a good start.

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
I would hazard a guess that the 'redundant holes' in the gearbox tops will be used at a later date for a top deck, mated to a chassis.
True, but I would like to have one as soon as possible. I have tried to measure the holes on the top of the gear box. They are 24mm apart laterally (measured center to center). Longitudinally I believe they are 235mm apart. I am less confident of this measurement because I made it without taking off the shock towers, which was not the best way to attempt it.

I then measured some existing top plates. I can say that the TB-Evo 3 will not fit (34mm x 223mm). Also, I measured an Evo 4 top plate and the new TT-01 top plate. These also do not fit.

If anyone has a similar top plate, please measure it and tell us what works or what will not work.

Last edited by MobileIT; 09-23-2005 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar
Old 09-23-2005, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IF I can get enough weight out of the chassis, I may prototype one up, and then see, maybe, about getting it made professionaly....
Old 09-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

Does anybody have already made a race performance comparison between TA05 & TA04 under TCS specs ?

I fear that due to the new heavy cells GP3700 & IB3800 ... the central displacement in the TA04 has a huge advantage on proper balance and total weight saving ...

Going to race in TCS in 2 months ... I would be curios to know how can I compate against tuned TA04.

On my club I can compate against TRF415, EVO IV, TC4, PRO4 with a 17T motor ... and I'm quite off compared to the best guns ...

Danke

e_lm_70

P.S: I'm looking for every bit that can save weight on my TA05 ... I do have already almost all hop ups ... dose the LW suspension make a significan gain in weight ? Are the 5mm balls in the stock car already the aluminium once ... are any blue aluminium 5mm ball from Tamiya ?
Old 09-23-2005, 03:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hebiki
you'll save 30 grams when you go from the old suspension to the lightweight. not sure about the other stuff. but there is weight savings there.

I read somewhere the titanium screws should save about 20 grams.

Alwin.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Instead of constantly looking to find the advantage with weight this balance that. Go drive the car, when you are done with that battery charge another and drive that one.

Getting ready for this years Past Chumps race, I spent alot of time just burning batteries through the car. We had a limited amount of hop-ups that we could throw at the car so all we could do is refine what we had. Now back from the race I am not having issues with X-rays, Associated etc. Set the car up with Wide pins or set it up with Narrow hingepins does not matter both are close just depends on feel that you the driver like.

Sorry for the rant just seems to be alot of searching for a magic bullet. That bullet is track time. The car is flat fast.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Relaxe Difuser. It's just that the car is new and everybody is compairing it to cars they know (and their weight). It will blow over .

And then there will be a new car to start it all over again .

Alwin.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Only thing I want to do is lose some weight in it, stock in my area is pretty close, and having a car 100grammes heavier than everyone else is a handicap.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alwin, honestly I am relaxed. The track that I help run I have alot of the same questions with people wanting to hop-ups the car like crazy. They perceive that the car "needs" things. I am building a second car with lack of hop-ups to compete with just for that reason.

Sales at the track are great the trackowner loves them but you also have to be honest with the the drivers and not having them spend just to spend. That is all the advice I am trying to offer.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Totaly agree, but the car is a porker, no getting round that, and I Will ALWAYS try to lighten things without going down the route of spending money, lol, so performance upgrades are that, function over form....
Old 09-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Besercoe
IB3800 with cell shrink, fit in snug but with no problems.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Case in point, apparently the guy who won our Canadian TCS in GT2 just used a bone stock TA04, no aluminum to bog it down whatsoever, except maybe for TRF shocks, but I could be wrong...

Sure, the one-ways have their function that make them necessary in cases, and so can the sway bars and likely the motor heatsink, but beyond that, what's really needed? I haven't bothered with the alu. steering nor the suspension blocks. 2-deg rear toe in is fine for me, and is that extra weight going to be worth the extra half-degree of toe? Plastic does wear down faster than aluminum, but really, a chump like myself isn't going to mind a little slop after a few runs, and if I do, just get the CA glue out ..

If I can only get near my best lap time 5 or 10 out of the 20 laps that I race, it's not the car. For me it's just trusting myself enough to get the car as close as possible to the inner board when making a corner and not whacking it, and doing so on a consistent basis. Practice and confidence can only get me there, not the weight of my car. I do occasionally get the fastest lap time in a race, but that's only 1 lap, perhaps a fluke, and that's why I'm not finishing first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.