Old 08-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by C&B RC
Is one better than the other?

Kimbrough 114 Servo Gear Saver Futaba - white nylon

or

Kimbrough 201 Servo Saver Mid-Size w/Holes - black nylon

on a TA05-R?
I would be more concerned as to which servo saver has the right hole position, as compared to the kit's servo saver.

If the ball stud is too high, this could put the steering throw past its mechanical limit, but if your radio has EPA then trim it back until the servo stops straining.

Too short and the turning radius will be larger so I wouldn't do that either.

Even if Kinbrough (Kimborough? sp) made this specifically for a TA05, I'd check the distance between the ball stud hole and the center of the horn mount hole just to make sure.

Last edited by dragnse7en; 08-06-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kowkl
I need help with my toe block for my rear. Now I'm having the rear inside as 1A and Rear Outside is D. This will give me 1.5 toe in. I want to have 3.0 toe in for the rear. If I want to maintain the rear outside as D, what rating should I get for the rear inside.(suspension mount type). Pls let me know the rating for 3R too.

Tks.
Wait - I made a mistake - sorry

Using 1A for the bridge mount and D brings it up to a 1.5º toe, but if you have the kit's rear hub carriers it will be a total of 2.5º toe-in. Each rear hub carrier, marked L and R, have a total of 1º of additional toe-in.

1A+D=1.5, plus both hubs total 2.5º.

Use suspension mount X in this case.

1A+X=2º, plus both rear hub carriers equal 1º = 3º total toe-in.

Hope this helps

Last edited by dragnse7en; 08-06-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sneako
Sale is pending on TA05..waiting on paypal.
SOLD
Old 08-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by sneako
SOLD
Damn. PM sent too late whhhaahhha whhhaaa whhaaaaa (insert melancoly tune here)
Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Suspended

Default A question for Strong

Hey bro -

what are you using for your drivetrain?

44, 46 or 48mm outdrive shafts?

I am thinking the TA05 uses 46mm ones, but I've seen 44mm also but they seem to look like they only fit on a double-tail dog bone system, with the red urethane soft bushings taking up the slack on both ends.

would the 46mm only fit the urethane bushings only on one side? Which end - the diff pulley end or the axle end?

I dunno - just curious Been lookin at the TA05 manual but it's confusing to me lol
Old 08-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragnse7en
A new front limited edition bumper is now available at tamiya usa.

I typed in tamiya 51073 on google and bought a variation for four dollars.

It's allegedly supposed to be only handed out at a special race, but I ordered one straight from the cali site

Here's the description:

RC TA05 Urethane Bumper Black - Ltd
Item #49462

This Option Part will be available as a limited edition event-only item for visitors to this autumn's Tokyo Hobby Show. It is a color variation of an existing gray-colored bumper (ITEM# 51073 TB- 02 Urethane Bumper S), and the new black color will enable the bumper to better blend in with the chassis for a more uniform appearance.

*Compatible Chassis: All TA05 chassis except TA05 MS.

I'll let you all know whether I actually get it or not, according to the above claim

After 3 years, I'm due for a new front bumper . . . .
It's not exactly new. I've had this bumper for about 2 years now (ordered from tamiyausa.com as well).
Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C&B RC
Is one better than the other?

Kimbrough 114 Servo Gear Saver Futaba - white nylon

or

Kimbrough 201 Servo Saver Mid-Size w/Holes - black nylon

on a TA05-R?
The Kimbrough without the holes is the one you want (Part #200). You'll see on it that there are guides for suggested places to drill a hole and the best spot is right above the center guide circle. The #201 with holes is a little low for the center hole.

Otherwise, this servo saver works perfect (I use a full-size Hitec 985 servo)...no need to cut the corner off or anything to keep it from hitting the chassis.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kowkl
I need help with my toe block for my rear. Now I'm having the rear inside as 1A and Rear Outside is D. This will give me 1.5 toe in. I want to have 3.0 toe in for the rear. If I want to maintain the rear outside as D, what rating should I get for the rear inside.(suspension mount type). Pls let me know the rating for 3R too.

Tks.
Here's a chart to give you the info you need (you'll need an XB block):

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412

Sorry, don't know what part number you'd need for a 3Racing part.

Last edited by encore75; 08-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dragnse7en
Hey bro -

what are you using for your drivetrain?

44, 46 or 48mm outdrive shafts?

I am thinking the TA05 uses 46mm ones, but I've seen 44mm also but they seem to look like they only fit on a double-tail dog bone system, with the red urethane soft bushings taking up the slack on both ends.

would the 46mm only fit the urethane bushings only on one side? Which end - the diff pulley end or the axle end?

I dunno - just curious Been lookin at the TA05 manual but it's confusing to me lol
I'm not strong, but maybe this helps...

Typically, you'll want to use the 48mm drive shafts (I'm assuming you're talking about the CVDs). That's what came stock on my TA05R CVDs (Tamiya Parts #53871 & #53836). If you go to narrower block settings, you may want to use the 46mm shafts to avoid clearance issues. I'm not sure if you'd be able to use 44mm shafts without them binding upon compression...perhaps with a really narrow block setting like XD/XD.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been using the 3racing aluminum swing shafts for a good while now......with zero problems so far.......But I can't really say how long they are until I get home and take a look at the set of spares I have......Want to say 44mm but not 100% sure.........But if you can fine the 3racing ones they are that size.

Last edited by strong; 08-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

The 3racing swing shaft for Tamiya TA05 is 46mm long.....Item # TA05-26.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Versions

Hi all im a TA05 nutta, I luv em
Over the last years ive raced lots of different flavours of TA05's
The original with the TA04 syspension.
The original with the 3racing chassis conversion.
The original with the 3racing chassis conversion and 416 syspension.
The version 2
I never owned a MS but I helped a friends set one up.
And I spent days and days at the track trying all the different setups.
Sway bars, springs, oil, roll centers up and down, wide narrow front and rear body positions etc etc..
And ive been thinking back and my favorite was the original, you could really chuck that thing around, i think the original with the 3racing chassis was the fastest and most accurate the drive.
So im going to build another one up, i got the 3racing vers, they fixed the battery holder so the battery wont fall out like it did on the ver 1 and 2.
All I need now is a cheap original kit...anyone?
Anyone got any questions about setups???..I might have some ideas to try.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by encore75
Here's a chart to give you the info you need (you'll need an XB block):

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412

Sorry, don't know what part number you'd need for a 3Racing part.
encore75 - YOU ARE WRONG.

Same exact source I use.

BOTH KIT REAR HUB CARRIERS EQUAL 1°, 1/2 A DEGREE EACH.

Do not listen to this guy - in your case, use the X (not XB) mount.

encore75 needs to do further homework, he gets a FAT F- on that one

Listen to a guy that has 25 years of exp. - Thats me

My TC5 has 3° of rear toe. The human eye can detect a half degree difference.

Looking at both cars, the TC5 has more rear toe.

But then again, I use a gauge.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lees52
Hi all im a TA05 nutta, I luv em
Over the last years ive raced lots of different flavours of TA05's
The original with the TA04 syspension.
The original with the 3racing chassis conversion.
The original with the 3racing chassis conversion and 416 syspension.
The version 2
I never owned a MS but I helped a friends set one up.
And I spent days and days at the track trying all the different setups.
Sway bars, springs, oil, roll centers up and down, wide narrow front and rear body positions etc etc..
And ive been thinking back and my favorite was the original, you could really chuck that thing around, i think the original with the 3racing chassis was the fastest and most accurate the drive.
So im going to build another one up, i got the 3racing vers, they fixed the battery holder so the battery wont fall out like it did on the ver 1 and 2.
All I need now is a cheap original kit...anyone?
Anyone got any questions about setups???..I might have some ideas to try.
Just make sure that the newest 3Racing parts fit correctly - in the past five years I've bought from them, for three different other Tamiya on road cars.

It's a hit or miss on part fit for that company, and I've read all these pages along with threads to my other cars that confirm my sorrows.

Most were quite unsatisfied for fit, function, and adaptability.

But, if you want to make your TA05 into a cross breed between A TRF415 series, a TA05-R, and a TC5 with an upper deck, and all the while preserving the high quality and performance, then I hope you're a serious hobby guy

3Racing on any TA05 series has been shady to put it lightly to say the least - read up on all the pages in this thread and trust me from 1st hand experience

Last edited by dragnse7en; 08-07-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by encore75
I'm not strong, but maybe this helps...

Typically, you'll want to use the 48mm drive shafts (I'm assuming you're talking about the CVDs). That's what came stock on my TA05R CVDs (Tamiya Parts #53871 & #53836). If you go to narrower block settings, you may want to use the 46mm shafts to avoid clearance issues. I'm not sure if you'd be able to use 44mm shafts without them binding upon compression...perhaps with a really narrow block setting like XD/XD.
Good to know. My kit did come with the 48mm shafts, blue alum for the back and hardened steel for the front.

I just recently got a reg TA05 also but I found out the suspension options I could use for it and it blew my mind. I was thinking the suspension mounts also had a factor - i.e., how far you could go with a long set, mid set, and tight set and what swing shaft sizes to use.

I'm not gonna buy every set to test it out but I will listen to the limits from you guys - I kinda think it's common sense but 44mm freaks me out. Must've been used on a TRF415 or other TRF on-road model. - TA01?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.