Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trf_racer
42103 1/10 R/C TA05MS Chassis Kit
This is not a kit part number, must be a conversion of some sort.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

This is odd...I've never seen 42xxx part numbers before...I typed in 42102 into the TamiyaUSA product lookup bar and got nothing...

Where was that list published? It wasn't on Tamiya Japan's or Tamiya USA's site...

The body that is "supposed" to come with the TA05-IFS chassis looks pretty cool though...
Old 04-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

FYI, 42xxx means it is a special TRF part.

Right now, 42101 is the new TRF pit bag, 42102 is the new TRF damper set.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TommyW
Where did you get this list from - is it a kind of late April Day's fooling (too good to be true if they are re-releasing the legendary 4wd buggy HotShot!)?

I mean very interesting stuff coming, but couldn't find anything from web-sites...

And any clues about schedule?
No, this is not a joke

I got this from Tamiya.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sosidge
This is not a kit part number, must be a conversion of some sort.
It's a chassis kit!

Read my post above.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Now maybe the myth that this car isn't at factory level should be dismissed. Maybe we'll get lucky enough to have one of the factory drivers show up to Reedy with a TA05MS...??? I mean at this point what exactly would this car lack over the 415?

Last edited by Core Creations; 04-17-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

That list is emailed to subscribers of Tamiya USA news. it cam from the Tamiya underground newsletter.
If I heard Fred Medel correctly, the current 53xxx part number list is nearing 54000 so the hop up line had to go to a new string of #'s maybe the 42xxx is the new string of #'s
Old 04-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trf_racer
It's a chassis kit!

Read my post above.
is there a release date, picture anything????????????
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-chassis%3Dtao5-r.jpg  
Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
have you bought anything from them? I like the my07 medusa ex.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:22 AM
TEM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Now maybe the myth that this car isn't at factory level should be dismissed. Maybe we'll get lucky enough to have one of the factory drivers show up to Reedy with a TA05MS...??? I mean at this point what exactly would this car lack over the 415?
My guess is the MS is like a 415MS where it's CF double deck with LW susp. There might be a TA05MSX with different bulkheads that lets you take the diff out from the top with 4 screws like the MSX? It's a big pain to take apart the old style bulkheads to access the diffs; you almost have to take 1/2 the car apart! Anyhow; it will work it's way to better the 415 when the high-end guys get their hands on it.

So I guess the story now is don't buy the R unless you HAVE to race a tub chassis class ? Wait for MS, MSX, MSX R2, MSX RE, MSXX?.......
Old 04-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

I would think tha getting an 05R and then getting the MS chassis conversion would be the way to go. Obviously it's gonna be some time before they would release an entire car (TA05MSX)
Old 04-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Afternoon everyone!

Thought I would say a proper hello since I am now the proud owner of a TA05-R. I have been so impressed by the performance of a hopped-up TA05 at our local track that I had to give one a try.

Now of course I am looking forward to seeing this MS chassis, that will go top of my list of hop ups to make the TA05 a 415-beater!

Just thought I would share a few of my brief impressions of the build...

Thumbs up

- Great parts quality, amazing how Tamiya can make so many mouldings fit together snugly into a tweak free chassis.
- Great selection of hop ups - the TRF shock need no introduction, and it is nice to have the LW suspension, graphite parts, blue belts etc. etc.
- Smooth transmission - sems to have built into a smooth drivetrain without any extra fettling. Nice to have one-piece diff thrust bearings.

Thumbs down

- Phillips screws - Phillips head + machine thread + hard plastics = sore hand and worn screws. I wish Tamiya had put a hex kit in with this one.
- Too much work needed to get the steering servo mounted - having to cut more than half of one ear off, and also trim the edges of the other ear, as well as trim the servo saver is a lot more knife work than I expected from a Tamiya.
- Electronics space tighter than I expected - had to remove the Euro connectors from my Keyence to get it in behind the motor.
- Anti-roll bar mountings could be better, rear is too sloppy, front is too tight.
- Steering rack is a little sloppy.
- Lovely blue turnbuckles get scratched as soon as you adjust them with the supplied wrench.
- A shade heavy.

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating, I've rushed to get it ready for some track time tonight, looks like a great club spec racer (nice to have 2 diffs and a fixed pulley as standard unlike so many other cars that have one-ways or spools) so we will see how it gets along.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

I haven't had a problem with electronics space and I run a standard size servo and a GTB speedo (which is huge)

On the anti-roll bar mounts...mine are a little loose, but I have always used lock collars like airplane guys use on their landing gear and use them to secure the bar...works awesome!

I agree the steering has a little play, but I had shims on my first 05 and just put new ones on my 05R, but without them it doesn't seem to affect the car.

I totally agree on the screws...they should have included steel hex screws.

After running a TA05 for almost 2 years I picked up an 05R and it was at least as good right off the bat as my 05 was 2 years of tuning and setup on it...in fact I felt the car accelerated a little better??
Old 04-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I haven't had a problem with electronics space and I run a standard size servo and a GTB speedo (which is huge)

On the anti-roll bar mounts...mine are a little loose, but I have always used lock collars like airplane guys use on their landing gear and use them to secure the bar...works awesome!

I agree the steering has a little play, but I had shims on my first 05 and just put new ones on my 05R, but without them it doesn't seem to affect the car.

I totally agree on the screws...they should have included steel hex screws.

After running a TA05 for almost 2 years I picked up an 05R and it was at least as good right off the bat as my 05 was 2 years of tuning and setup on it...in fact I felt the car accelerated a little better??
got mine last night. how are you liking the LW suspension on it? im curious to build it and try out the kit set up.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Well I had run my 05 for almost the entire time on the standard suspension and then just before I sold it I set it up with the LWS. It seemed to me to make the car a little faster reacting and a little more poised...kinda hard to describe, but I do feel it improved the car.

I also haven't had any durability issues with the LWS so far...it's at least as strong as any other current sedan on the market.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.