Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

I would definelty say that kit isnt necesary. the Ta05, with a few hop-ups is a great intermediate racer. Exactly what its intended to be, if i was planning on buying a Ta05 and then paying a whole bunch of money to make it more like all the other TC's on the market, why buy the ta05 in the first place?

And i wanted to ask, are those Aramid belts more durable then the stock Ta05 belts? Ive got a preatty well hopped-up Ta05,and when my belts eventually do fail (they seem to be very durable thus far) should i buy the aramid belts?
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=17837
Ta05
Futaba 3PKSS
Hitec 625MG
3Racing:
Carbon fiber bumper stiffener
Carbon fiber front shock tower
Carbon Fiber Rear Shock tower
Carbon fiber front chasss stiffener
Carbon fiber rear chassis stiffener
Blue Alum. Steering block
Blue Alum. 2 deg rear hub carrier
Blue Alum. Front and rear shocks
Blue Alum. Front Spool (For Rear)
Yeah Racing:
Blue Alum. front C-Hub
Blue Alum. Battery strap
Tamiya Sway Bars
Topcad Blue Alum. Motor mount
Old 04-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Ok guys I'm looking for some help here.

My TCS is on the 29th of this month. The fast cars on our track(X-Ray,Losi, 415's) run a spool as we always have many tight turns. So I am looking for an asphalt, medium grip, rubber tire set-up to get me in the ballpark. I'm really wanting to know if I should use the one-way or a spool. I have 3 years experience with a spool and little with a one-way.

Lets hear it!

Brant
Depends on the track and motor. We run year round on indoor asphalt. For silver can you want the car to carry as much speed as possible so you run front and center one way full time. With other motors it just depends on the layout. Nothing beats track time for setting up your car, so I would say try to practice on the layout using multiple combinations and use the one that works best.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Check it out

www.rchobbiesraceway.com
Old 04-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok guys I'm looking for some help here.

My TCS is on the 29th of this month. The fast cars on our track(X-Ray,Losi, 415's) run a spool as we always have many tight turns. So I am looking for an asphalt, medium grip, rubber tire set-up to get me in the ballpark. I'm really wanting to know if I should use the one-way or a spool. I have 3 years experience with a spool and little with a one-way.

Lets hear it!

Brant
I'm not all that sure myself, but I'm not planning to change my car that much from how I run it on the carpet here at home, & I don't have a front one-way or spool for my '05 so I'm just gonna run the front diff, but with a center one-way, & probably keep the damping as is(which is like 50wt with 2-hole pistons fronmt & 40wt with 2-holes rear, & yellow springs all around). I'm hoping the base setup on it will be close enough that I can just fine-tune after I get there(mainly playing with sway bars, droop settings & roll center)....
Old 04-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I'd say dual oneways for silvercan GT3 and maybe GT2 stock and Spool for 19 turn, since you'll have the power to make up for the loss of drivetrain freeness. (Is that a word)??
Old 04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the input fellas. I guess I'm leaning toward the spool because for stock-19 turn- and mod it is the fastest way around our track for the past 3 years. Plus, yeah, I'm very comfortable with it. Thanks for your help guys!

Grizz----Hope you got your sleep in already! 2 weeks till Memphis boyeeeee!

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the input fellas. I guess I'm leaning toward the spool because for stock-19 turn- and mod it is the fastest way around our track for the past 3 years. Plus, yeah, I'm very comfortable with it. Thanks for your help guys!

Grizz----Hope you got your sleep in already! 2 weeks till Memphis boyeeeee!

Brant
When I run a spool I use a B block in the front to sweep the front arms. I do that plus I run the short arms in the front with the standard in the rear. You'll have the steering of a one way and the punch of a spool.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by westerdude42
When I run a spool I use a B block in the front to sweep the front arms. I do that plus I run the short arms in the front with the standard in the rear. You'll have the steering of a one way and the punch of a spool.

Thank you sir!

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

dont forget you can also add the 2deg castor blocks
Old 04-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
dont forget you can also add the 2deg castor blocks
For me that made the car feel to darty.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

For me that made the car feel to darty.
point and shoot man!

pookyt. you got PM back.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Well I definitely don't think it's needed. But I thought it was interesting that Tech Racing helped design the TRF 415 and maybe this is a precursor to the 416...
i wonder if Tech Racing was also consulted with the design of the Porsche 30th anniversary edition of Tamiya they said that it is based on a TA-05 platform also
Old 04-15-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do Tamiya sell spring sets for the car? I'm sure I saw a milky blue set or something. What would you recommend for rubber carpet racing?

Also, I'm buying a TA05R next week from RC Champ, what spares do people recommend? Are there any weak parts that are likely to break? I may as well get them at the same time as the car to save on shipping.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys. im deciding between getting the ta05r or just the ta05?
im gona be asphalt racing and carpet racing this car. i also have a xray tk05.
i want to have 2 cars one for each. which one is better for each?

and is the ta05r worth it? or should i just get normal ta05 and hop it up? which way is cheaper? are all the extra hopup parts in the ta05r needed? i know the shocks are for sure but what else is needed to make the car run jsut as good as xray/415? can the 415 and ta05 compete with each other? or should i just get a 415?

thanks first to all of u, this thread is great.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by topekoms
hey guys. im deciding between getting the ta05r or just the ta05?
im gona be asphalt racing and carpet racing this car. i also have a xray tk05.
i want to have 2 cars one for each. which one is better for each?

and is the ta05r worth it? or should i just get normal ta05 and hop it up? which way is cheaper? are all the extra hopup parts in the ta05r needed? i know the shocks are for sure but what else is needed to make the car run jsut as good as xray/415? can the 415 and ta05 compete with each other? or should i just get a 415?

thanks first to all of u, this thread is great.
TA05R ALL THE WAY!!!!

Especially since you've mentioned that you're going to be racing it. Otherwise, you're going to spend a LOT more money to buy all the hop-ups you get on the R version! That being said, I have found myself already dumping another several hundred on the R before I even run the thing once. But other than tires and a body, you really don't need anything else to compete with the TA02R.

I've only had mine for a week and have yet to run it but I'm sure others with much more experience (and investment on hop-ups) would say the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.