TRF415 steering arm is in same 2D layout with TA05 steering arm, but 2mm higher than TA05. When I first realize I can't put my TRF415 steering arm on TA05, I thought "God it's so TAMIYA"
FEAR NOT! I got the modification done and now you can use TRF415 steering arm on TA05. PLUS
even lower CG
DISCLAIMER: MOD ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!
1. You need to remove all the plastic column on chassis. Sand it all the way down to where steering column sit.
2. On front brace, remove all the plastic column. Sand it all the way down the elevation.
3. Put 5x3x0.7mm shim (#9805645) first, than secure the steering column on
4. Add 7.5x5x0.1mm shim on steering column
5. Put TRF415 steering arm on (of course, you need to mount the TA05 plastic steering plate on TRF415 steering arm first)
6. Add 6.7x5x2mm shim on steering column (#9804153)
7. Put everything back on.
8. You might need to adjust the shim based on how you sand the column. Try/Error cycle to find best shim.
Beside you can now using TRF415 steering arm on TA05, save the money of buying new hopup. Once you finished, entire steering rack sit almost 2mm lower than stock or TA05 hopup. Who need TA05 hopup steering arm now?