Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 03-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peejay
... recommendation on the instruction sheet ...
What is an "instruction sheet"?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RLS
I bought a titanium screw kit and started building the car with the carbon chassis. No problems threading any screws. My only issue is that I'm second guessing myself and considering starting over with the stock chassis.

Anybody???

I had the 3 Racing Carbon Fibre Chassis with Reversable suspension, have gone back to standard tub with standard suspension and am happier.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

I considered building the standard kit up, but put the 3racing graphite chassis kit on instead.

19t, A final.

I qualified 4th, lead the race for the last 2 minutes, then made a few mistakes and finished 1.9 seconds behind the winner, 2nd.

I really liked the cars handling the stock chassis flex is not good for indoors so I have heard and obviously,is heavier than the chassis I use.

Maybe in different circumstances people will prefer the stock chassis though
Old 03-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nexxus
I had the 3 Racing Carbon Fibre Chassis with Reversable suspension, have gone back to standard tub with standard suspension and am happier.

Why ?

And in what condition do you use the car ( tamrac, carpet , rubber foam ? )
Old 03-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought the 3Racing for more chassis room for electronics, and it is stiffer, and I think, on capret in 19t, handles better, but it is personal taste.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

I just got a ta-05 for a local TCS. I'm thinking the upgrades I'm going to get are shock towers, cvds, motor mount, and I think aluminum rear hubs. The rear hubs give me some tuning options.

Is there anything else I should consider ???

Oh I'm running Gt3 also.

Thanks

C
Old 03-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaxRacer
I just got a ta-05 for a local TCS. I'm thinking the upgrades I'm going to get are shock towers, cvds, motor mount, and I think aluminum rear hubs. The rear hubs give me some tuning options.

Oh I'm running Gt3 also.

Thanks

C
Depending on the track conditions and your driving style, you may want to consider a front and/or center one way.

You also should DEFINITELY add sway bars and a Tamiya or Associated spring set for tuning. Those items should be way up on your list ahead of luxury items like motor mounts and aluminum hubs.

The TA05 doesn't need much to get it up to competitive speed.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Since he mentioned he is running TCS - Associated springs wont be ideal. I set of Tamiya springs, a set of sway-bars is all you will need to make this car competitive. If you are running outdoors, a front one-way would be a great addition.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am currently running my car with no swaybars and stiffer oil, car feels better for it on carpet with rubber tyres.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
Since he mentioned he is running TCS - Associated springs wont be ideal.
Yep, your right on that one. Thanks for catching that error.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

One race for sure is indoor asphalt. The other later in the summer is still a question mark.

The reason for the hubs is looking at the rules thats the only way I could see to get a vertical ball stud at the rear of the car. Thats all, I would prefer to have plastic, but like I said with in the rules I couldn't see how to do it.

CVDs have been a must for me no matter what car i'm driving. The shock towers are more for the ease of mind knowing I have the mounting options.

The motor mount is my Eye candy.

Sway bars and springs I already have from my other cars but once I get my setup dialed in I will get the Tamiya equivelents.

Those things were just things I thought I would like just because of how I like to drive my cars, its funny what things you just go towards when you get another car in the garage

C
Old 03-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaxRacer

Oh I'm running Gt3 also.

Thanks

C
I would skip the motor mounts and the rear hubs. Get the sway bars and go with the mini cooper springs they have to be bought separately but they are worth it to get the car lower to the ground. A one-way and the new metal front diff would be great also because the front plastic diff is fragile.
Paul.................
Old 03-03-2007, 03:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Noone in Australia runs the Swaybars, and I race in a club where the TA05 is the dominant car in 540 and moving into Stock, no Sway Bars!

The Motor Mount is worthwhile, it helps with cooling and paired with the Tamiya heatsink for the TA05 is quite effective.

Look at upgrading the bearings, the standard TA05 ones are not the most efficient, and that becomes very obvious when you upgrade to a one way!

CVD's are essential. Also consider TRF shocks.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the tips...

Just want to say thanks for the tips on car set up. I ended up going to 40 weight oil in the front and white associated springs and going with red sway bar in the rear. Car was great and I posted my fasted laps so far. Although I did give away the A main and ended up second. Still a great weekend.

Just wondering how many have bought a spare kit just for the parts as I was contemplating it since I think the parts to rebuild two diffs would almost cover the cost of a whole kit once you figure it out.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is it common for the diffs on this car to get gritty/notchy after just a single day of racing? I purchased some carbide balls hoping to help. Anything else to try?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.