Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
78 safe, 79 is risking it
But I'm using 82 and it's just fine.. so far..
Old 08-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

hey guys,how many of u is racing modified with the TA-05???how does it cope against the 415s,T2s,etc.Btw,why does most people complain about the lack of space for electronics???i saw my friend's car n he's running LRP Sprinter ESC,normal servo,and a big receiver.yeah,the receiver stands,but with my helios' receiver,it should be able to sit.Btw,where are the pics of ur cars???wanna see some TA-05s.Love seeing them
Old 08-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I guess some items do have a problem fitting right in the TA05.. I first had a LRP Runner and F1.. no dice... sold those, got a Rapida Pro, it fits perfectly.. so did the GTX.

Plus, the 3-channel Airtronics receiver had to be mounted on the servo until I found a used 2-channel micro.. 92826.. fits like right in there like a charm, has just one extra plug for the PT.. all I need
Picked up the Hitec HFS-03MM for my 12th scale, but it also fits flat in the TA05.

The KO fits fine, and there's a new Airtronics receiver coming out, looks like the same small footprint as the KO.

A logical place for the PT would have been on top of the servo, but I was getting mad glitching all the time.. took me a couple races and a few rams into the wall to figure out the problem, velcroed the PT to a piece of lexan bolted right on top of the front shock tower, faaar away from the servo and receiver, saturday was my most successful (and damage-free) race in months..

This is a quickie pic with my cell-phone cam.. gotta clean that right side of the lens..
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-sspx0005.jpg  
Old 08-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
I guess some items do have a problem fitting right in the TA05.. I first had a LRP Runner and F1.. no dice... sold those, got a Rapida Pro, it fits perfectly.. so did the GTX.

Plus, the 3-channel Airtronics receiver had to be mounted on the servo until I found a used 2-channel micro.. 92826.. fits like right in there like a charm, has just one extra plug for the PT.. all I need
Picked up the Hitec HFS-03MM for my 12th scale, but it also fits flat in the TA05.

The KO fits fine, and there's a new Airtronics receiver coming out, looks like the same small footprint as the KO.

A logical place for the PT would have been on top of the servo, but I was getting mad glitching all the time.. took me a couple races and a few rams into the wall to figure out the problem, velcroed the PT to a piece of lexan bolted right on top of the front shock tower, faaar away from the servo and receiver, saturday was my most successful (and damage-free) race in months..

This is a quickie pic with my cell-phone cam.. gotta clean that right side of the lens..
jam.. why not just put it on top of the bumper brace? thats where i have mine. just in case its a race to the finish line.. your transponder will cross the line first.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got the 3Racing chassis, and although the original chassis was a tad tight for the ESC, a little ingenuity cleared that problem, now I just got to get my 3Racing chassis finished, then I can lease some space for electrics for T2 owners.

I got to admit, although I was dubios at first about ordering the chassis, now I got it, it is a nice peice of kit, only thing that needs doing it to open up around the back of where the pinion is, on the topdeck to improve access a little. And I still can't understan the need for the two peice deck either.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

will get a pic of mine up but is in middle of a rebuild after a broke the stock tub chassis just a good excuse to get the CF one
Old 08-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

here is mine, mid build, just waiting for some new suspension to come through.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
jam.. why not just put it on top of the bumper brace? thats where i have mine. just in case its a race to the finish line.. your transponder will cross the line first.
yeah, happened to me before. i was racing neck to neck all the way, and i crossed the finish line first. but alas! the result said different and after i checked it, i realized that the other guy had the transponder mounted at the nose of the car
Old 08-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Belts

I put my car together and haven't ran it yet but I did notice the belts are a bit loose. How hard is it to tighten the belts? What tooth do you have your belts on? Good thing I look in the manual on what to do. Just would like some info from u guys.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I have to admit I strayed for 2 weeks with a Corally............I am back to my TA05 now.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Has anyone tried running the Orion Lipo pack on the chassis. Does it fit well without any mods?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minijosh
I put my car together and haven't ran it yet but I did notice the belts are a bit loose. How hard is it to tighten the belts? What tooth do you have your belts on? Good thing I look in the manual on what to do. Just would like some info from u guys.
On the kit belts, I run the rear kit and the front one notch looser, on the blue aramid and 3Racing chassis, I run both one looser than stock.

One thing, once you got the transmission built, stick a motor in there and run it at 3 or 5v for half our or so, this helps settle the belts down a little.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
On the kit belts, I run the rear kit and the front one notch looser, on the blue aramid and 3Racing chassis, I run both one looser than stock.

One thing, once you got the transmission built, stick a motor in there and run it at 3 or 5v for half our or so, this helps settle the belts down a little.
this is a must for the armid belts, or just check em every run to make sure they are intact, those belts are fragile
Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Has anyone tried running the Orion Lipo pack on the chassis. Does it fit well without any mods?
4800 "brick" lipo sits up higher than a traditional side by side pack. the new 3200 lipo fits much better and sits lower. i was able to test fit it when Rick Hohwart (sp?) came out to the tamiya track.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
....the new 3200 lipo fits much better and sits lower. i was able to test fit it when Rick Hohwart (sp?) came out to the tamiya track.
True dat, but will the new lipo pack be out in time for all of us (self sponsored grunts) to have before the KO race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.