Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:16 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scarab
Can someone posts their successful TA-05 setup for running the indoor asphalt @ Fredrick's Coliseum? I'd like a baseline good setup to start with so that I can tweak it to my tastes.

Thanks,

Scarab
the layout just changed, very different. go practice up there and start to form your own catalog of data to see what works. you dont have much experience with touring cars, so u have a steep learnin curve. this is prolly the kinda of thing you should have posted instead of ventin bout can motors. hope people still offer advice though.

-ult
Old 07-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
the layout just changed, very different. go practice up there and start to form your own catalog of data to see what works. you dont have much experience with touring cars, so u have a steep learnin curve. this is prolly the kinda of thing you should have posted instead of ventin bout can motors. hope people still offer advice though.

-ult
KIT SET UP never fails. i always go back to that when my car feels crappy.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

You might add 2mm role center to the rear
just my2cents
Old 07-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
KIT SET UP never fails. i always go back to that when my car feels crappy.
What driveline? Dual diff? Diff/center one-way? Dual one-ways? Fixed center pulley/spool? Details chris, details!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
this is prolly the kinda of thing you should have posted instead of ventin bout can motors. hope people still offer advice though.

-ult
I should hope that the individuals on this forum are more mature than that.

Offering opinions shouldn't get me crucified...I hope...

Scarab
Old 07-13-2006, 11:27 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

stiffer springs all around, heavier fluid than stock. play w/front bars. dont leave too much droop in the car. give the car a rollout around what the motor likes, make sure the car is as 'free' as possible. tamiya is notorious for droppin some slugs for bearings in the kits. cs32s and a '6 lid to start.

-ult

1 way if u can stand the brakin loss and attitude change...that or a spool if ur balsy and runnin can class.

-ult
Old 07-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
What driveline? Dual diff? Diff/center one-way? Dual one-ways? Fixed center pulley/spool? Details chris, details!
40wt oil (tamiya yellow) kit springs..and kit shock locations.

EDIT: i always use a front one way. never really tried a front diff... but since i run mostly stock 27T... a front one way has more corner speed

WHAT DO YOU RUN gary?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WHAT DO YOU RUN gary?
Does Mayo come in different weights?
I don't think I would want to be around those shocks after a hot day...
Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

40wt oil (tamiya yellow) kit springs..and kit shock locations.

EDIT: i always use a front one way. never really tried a front diff... but since i run mostly stock 27T... a front one way has more corner speed

WHAT DO YOU RUN gary?
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I've run the car at Nationals and in Memphis...that's it! I was driving a handfull in Memphis too so I tried Dual one ways, fixed center with a front one way, Front one way and fixed center, fixed with dual diff, center one way with a spool and fixed center with a spool... Needless to say, I was grasping at straws... And even though I missed the first lap and a half of the start, I still managed to qualify 5th...
Old 07-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I run stock setup, stock oil, stock towers with TRF shocks, universals and the upgrade diff halves. White fronts and yellow rears, no bars at all. Down 1mm on front roll, up 1mm on rear roll, little bit of forward roll in the car at neutral.

Made the A the last three TCS races I was in, finished second in Memphis, so something must be in the ballpark. And oh yes, beat Gary.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scarab
Offering opinions shouldn't get me crucified...I hope...

Scarab
Don't worry, if it did, I'd be in serious trouble by now!

Don't EVER let the fear of pissing off people keep you from offering up a valid opinion on the boards. Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with your original thoughts about silver can racing. People just don't like to hear alternate opinions...so forget them I say.

Don't worry, if you need help, theres always people around to answer, even if others are still pouting over someone thinking differently than them.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rccardr
I run stock setup, stock oil, stock towers with TRF shocks, universals and the upgrade diff halves. White fronts and yellow rears, no bars at all. Down 1mm on front roll, up 1mm on rear roll, little bit of forward roll in the car at neutral.

Made the A the last three TCS races I was in, finished second in Memphis, so something must be in the ballpark. And oh yes, beat Gary.
Yup you did. To finish first, first you must finish...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
You'd have better luck getting water from a rock
Old 07-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

rccardr, what pistons do you use?? Also, Are you using a front one-way?? Thanks--Al
Old 07-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Big Al-
Two hole pistons all the way around, diffs on both ends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.