Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
im just curious.. but will we actually feel the 1mm tweak on low, medium bite asphalt running rubber tires?

i know you'll feel it on high bite foam, CRC carpet racing 7T mod racing..... but not sure if you'll feel that on asphalt. i only use my TA05 in stock and silver can.

but i think that most TA05 runners use it with a 19T (at most?), stock or silver can.... i say run the car first (i bet mine is tweaked also ) and see if the stiffer chassis is better suited to your driving style then worry about the tweak afterwards. and im sure your LHS will be more than happy to refund/exchange your chassis. (but they're in demand, do you really want to wait? )

dont mind me.. im rambling. cheethae.. havent forgotten about your PM bro. ill send you something soon

Me , I just run on foam/ carpet, that's why TWEAK is very important(to detect). Also I think I'm the only one running the TA05 here in the BUNDOKS of KY.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Oh, man we've wandered into the area of global economy, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

Even worse, we've wandered to that ever prickly area of "support your local...this or that" ...now its DEFINITELY time to run for the hills!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by izzyracer
TCS is a race for everyone, not just people here in the US of A. What about if we have foreigners from othe countries who wants to join the series, do we ban those just because they do not support our good all US of A?
Actually it is my understanding that if you are a canadian you can not race at the north american finals unless you won your trip from the canadian series. there are quite a few guys that race our TCS here in Seattle area that come down from Vancouver Canada, and they have said thay can't go to the Finals unless it is by winning the canadian finals. yes even if they pay their way to Cali, They say they can't go.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheehtae
Me , I just run on foam/ carpet, that's why TWEAK is very important(to detect). Also I think I'm the only one running the TA05 here in the BUNDOKS of KY.
ignore my post then. cus tweak does apply to you

one time i ran my 415 with my upper deck wasnt screwed all the way down. i didnt notice a difference.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
ignore my post then. cus tweak does apply to you

one time i ran my 415 with my upper deck wasnt screwed all the way down. i didnt notice a difference.
See that is why you don't get paid or get all expense paid trips for RC racing.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And this last page has got what to do with the TA-05 apart from the tweaked chassis.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Actually it is my understanding that if you are a canadian you can not race at the north american finals unless you won your trip from the canadian series. there are quite a few guys that race our TCS here in Seattle area that come down from Vancouver Canada, and they have said thay can't go to the Finals unless it is by winning the canadian finals. yes even if they pay their way to Cali, They say they can't go.
T'is true, we can only bring one Canadian representative for each class, no exceptions. Granted, the ones we do send down do quite well, having sent "only our best".
Old 03-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I also was told we couldnt run in the US TCS finals unless we came direct from the finals in the CDN TCS....

Are you guys able to run the North American TCS finals without running one of the qualifying TCS rounds? I was wondering because we're not able to run the Canadian TCS finals if we dont run one of the qualifiers and qualify for the finals. To me this is a direct contradiction of what the TCS is *SUPPOSED* to be all about.

Im orignally from Australia, and we had major turnouts to not only the TCS finals, but the regional TCS rounds also. But we never had this crazy rule that you cant race at the finals without qualifying??? Hell we had a few guys who flew the entire length of Aust, to race the finals, and had a total blast coming in mid heat in the E final. I thought TCS was about having fun and promotion of TAMIYA????

I dont get it? Why do Tamiya US and Canada do things this way? Are they getting seriously too many entries for the finals? That is the oly possibility to restrict entry for the race..... Its rediculous IMHO. I cant race a regional TCS, because basically there is none, and ill be damned if im paying for airfares to attend a TCS regional, and the TCS finals! And the kicker.... i was told if i fly to attend the TCS regionals in say Vancouver, and win my class, im ineligible for the free trip to the TCS cdn finals in Toronto?! So this year will be the first year since 1999 i havent participated in the TCS series.

So what do you guys think???
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
T'is true, we can only bring one Canadian representative for each class, no exceptions. Granted, the ones we do send down do quite well, having sent "only our best".
So James, am i right in saying if anyone from Canada wants to race in Japan at the worlds, they have to win a regional in Canada, then win the Canadian finals, then win the North American finals?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by axle182
So James, am i right in saying if anyone from Canada wants to race in Japan at the worlds, they have to win a regional in Canada, then win the Canadian finals, then win the North American finals?
Yes you are correct
Old 03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by axle182
I also was told we couldnt run in the US TCS finals unless we came direct from the finals in the CDN TCS....

Are you guys able to run the North American TCS finals without running one of the qualifying TCS rounds? I was wondering because we're not able to run the Canadian TCS finals if we dont run one of the qualifiers and qualify for the finals. To me this is a direct contradiction of what the TCS is *SUPPOSED* to be all about.

Im orignally from Australia, and we had major turnouts to not only the TCS finals, but the regional TCS rounds also. But we never had this crazy rule that you cant race at the finals without qualifying??? Hell we had a few guys who flew the entire length of Aust, to race the finals, and had a total blast coming in mid heat in the E final. I thought TCS was about having fun and promotion of TAMIYA????

I dont get it? Why do Tamiya US and Canada do things this way? Are they getting seriously too many entries for the finals? That is the oly possibility to restrict entry for the race..... Its rediculous IMHO. I cant race a regional TCS, because basically there is none, and ill be damned if im paying for airfares to attend a TCS regional, and the TCS finals! And the kicker.... i was told if i fly to attend the TCS regionals in say Vancouver, and win my class, im ineligible for the free trip to the TCS cdn finals in Toronto?! So this year will be the first year since 1999 i havent participated in the TCS series.

So what do you guys think???
We do have to qualify for the final by running in the regionals
Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

See that is why you don't get paid or get all expense paid trips for RC racing.
Hebiki, you should learn a thing or two from Tamiyarcracer(aka minigod)! He knows everything about winning a big race and still not get the free trip....

Speaking of trips... Hebiki... decided yet on whether we're invading Tamiyarcracer's turf? My wife and kid are all set to go... just waiting for my final decision...
Old 03-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

We do have to qualify for the final by running in the regionals
Is that due to numbers at the finals? Whats the reasoning for this rule? Even if numbers were the problem, im sure theres other alternatives than the current set of BS rules. I had nothing but Tamiya cars for a very long time in onroad, mainly due to the fun i have in TCS. These rules over here are quickly taking that away.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys, start a TCS thread and leave this one to stuff about the TA-05, otherwise it will be a good thread gone astray.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That just sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.