Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

There is a super hard and an ultra hard spring, and the are more in line with the short spring lengths. One is grey, and the other is a red wine color
Originally Posted by Rod M
I have a small issue with my TA05,

I am running the TRF shocks and Tamiya white short springs,

if I put in the normal springs the ride height cannot be made any lower than 7mm

are there any short springs harder than the white one's available ?

thanks
Old 12-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Have you tried putting o-rings inside the shock?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aparatchik
Hey Steve,

Will you be bringing in the 3Racing hop ups for the TA05 too? Any prices on them yet?
Aparatchik,

I'm looking into it. We've always stock 3Racing products, and for the TA05 we'll look into those parts that 3Racing makes that is not being made by other manufactures we carry (like Xenon and Square). I'll have to look over the quality on the 3Racing TA05 stuff as well. Square and Xenon have been very good with their quality. I will post when they start coming in

Steve Wang
Old 12-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
There is a super hard and an ultra hard spring, and the are more in line with the short spring lengths. One is grey, and the other is a red wine color
do you happen to know the height of these springs compared to the "short" TRF springs.

I got these parts off speedtech RC are they the one's?

Part #: TAM53635
Part #: TAM53636
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
I'll have to look over the quality on the 3Racing TA05 stuff as well. Square and Xenon have been very good with their quality.

Steve Wang
MAN, that is so frickin' sweet! When do you ever hear that from a shop owner? How many shop owners do you hear that actually care about the quality of the stuff they sell.

Usually its just "will it sell...yes....then I'll stock it". Good to see that someone is different.

I know you've heard it before Steve, but you and your place is THE best around.

P.S. Just got an order from you, arrived quickly and accurate as always. And I love the paypal option. So when I sell stuff, then I can turn right around and buy more stuff, without having to transfer it from my paypal account first! Thats what I'm talking about...going broke more efficiently!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Will that carbon rear brace (and the future front brace) come with aluminum posts or risers to hook up the two far ends of the brace to the chassis?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: TRF Short Springs!

Originally Posted by Rod M
I have a small issue with my TA05,

I am running the TRF shocks and Tamiya white short springs,

if I put in the normal springs the ride height cannot be made any lower than 7mm

are there any short springs harder than the white one's available ?

thanks
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/category.php?sub-id=72000&page=9

Here's a link to the Tamiya site where you can order them online!!!!
They are considered a TA04 TRF hop-up, they are the same length as all the short TRF springs Tamiya sells. I'm using the purple springs in the front on my TA05. It gives me a little more adjustability. Running the short yellows in the rear. I can set my ride height as low as I want!
The part # is actually 53632(gray hard),and 53633(purple extra hard) for the short one's ! Not sure of the actual length. I'll have to measure my purple springs and let you know!

Last edited by maxepower; 12-08-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Here is a cool new part for all you TA-05 lovers. Im not sure if anyone is aware of this part or even the company, but it seems like a nice piece, and not so expensive either (around 14 bucks). I can get the part to anybody who wants it. if anyone is interested, just let me know.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

oh yeah.....forgot to mention, it is a rear aluminum brace made by "SPICE Stimulus Parts" here in Japan
Old 12-08-2005, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

also available is the Tech Racing Suspension conversion see attatched photo.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just ordered a xenon chassis...... couldn't wait for all other companies
Now i can't wait till i get it, since I've decided to put my fk05 down for time being.....
Old 12-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
MAN, that is so frickin' sweet! When do you ever hear that from a shop owner? How many shop owners do you hear that actually care about the quality of the stuff they sell.

Usually its just "will it sell...yes....then I'll stock it". Good to see that someone is different.

I know you've heard it before Steve, but you and your place is THE best around.

P.S. Just got an order from you, arrived quickly and accurate as always. And I love the paypal option. So when I sell stuff, then I can turn right around and buy more stuff, without having to transfer it from my paypal account first! Thats what I'm talking about...going broke more efficiently!
Thank you for the compliment Darkseid and glad to hear you got the order okay. I try to as much as I can "pre-screen" the product before I put them on the website, because I believe the products that we sell carries our company's reputation as well (even if they are manufactured by someone else) Thanks again for the compliment

Steve Wang
Old 12-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone have a part number for the molded chassis and know where it's in stock?? Looked up Speedtech and it's listed for $10.99 but it's out of stock and the part number doesnt't work in Tamiyas shop.....

Maybe someone has a new one they want to sell me cos of all the carbon aftermarkets floating around?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Anyone have a part number for the molded chassis and know where it's in stock?? Looked up Speedtech and it's listed for $10.99 but it's out of stock and the part number doesnt't work in Tamiyas shop.....

Maybe someone has a new one they want to sell me cos of all the carbon aftermarkets floating around?
This is what is listed at the back of the manual.

9335440 Chassis

and heres a link to it at Tamiya's site. http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=9335440

I found it using the above number, but they also list it as:

"RC Chassis 58345
item#9335440"
$11.00

Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

from an almost barebones ta05, what are the best options to get it down as close to 1500grams as possible with the least amount of money? assume that trf shocks, universals, and personal transponder already installed, and must stay tcs legal...

ti or the alum screws?
alum turnbuckles?
liteweight rear universals?
carbon shock towers?
lw suspension?

your suggestions are appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.