Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Runtime with 7T/8T mod motors... >

Runtime with 7T/8T mod motors...

Runtime with 7T/8T mod motors...

Old 04-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Thanks Jeff

Alright....that gives me a good starting point. For a track that big is a single wind better than a double wind? ei.7x1 or 7x2
Old 04-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Just depends. They have different powerbands so I would try both and see what you like. The singles are nice for the bottom end rip.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Guys, you really should give Corally motors a try they are really worth it!
They have they own design and the quality and finish of the motors is just amazing, they also use a type of wire I never saw on other motors, very thick but also a kind of weird colour

The only thing is that they are very VERY power consuming, the Aohniemi brothers a the worlds were having problems with runtime at the worlds when using the 7T corally black and you can imagine the batteries they had! They were also very impressive on the straight...

What brand do you like most when racing 7-8T mod?V2's are nice and smooth and easy to drive but they just don't seem to have the same rip other have, don't you think?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you get the 10 coil Reinhard V2 springs you will have just as much rip as any other motor. The stock springs are just too light. They have tons of top end and no bottom.

I run 8x1 and 7x1 Orion V2 Mods (not the Touring Mods). With the MR springs and Enduro Edge brushes no one can out accelerate me or out run me. If I put Sprint Edges in forget it...its even faster.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Wow Adrian....... where did you get those springs? I have a pair but only because of the Worlds. Superior can't get them from any distributor. You musta snuck a pair at the Birds.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Whoops, I thought they were out...err...what springs...lol!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Adrian dosen't know what he's talking about
Old 04-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

I have a pair of MR springs, I'll have to try them, but I know they're only good for low wind arms like 7-8Turns maybe 9T but above they're just too hard

I've always been using V2's for practice as they can manage so many runs before needing the comm to be cut

How many runs do you get with your V2's? And when using the MR springs and sprint brushes don't you need to cut the comm as often as a normal/classic enbell?

Cheers!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

With Sprint edges I get 2 good runs. If I am at a big race I will cut the com betweens runs. For Club racing I leave the motor alone for 2 runs.

For club racing I usually use the Enduro Edge brushes. I get about 6 runs out of those (2 runs/cut com,2 runs/cut com,2 runs/cut com) before that get too short or burned up.

With the MR springs you wear the brush faster than with the stock stiff spring. Keep an eye on your brush length. Sprint will get short in 2 runs, enduros, as I said before in 6 runs.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

The MR Revolution springs are available to the public and can be found at local hobby stores and distrbutors worldwide.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Really Gary? Since when? Just wondering because I believe we call every week about them and no one has them. I'll have to double check I guess. We have had them on backorder since after the Worlds.

Jeff
Old 04-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default MR Springs

Stormers had them. I got some last week from them.