Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Being laped !

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Question: Being laped !

Hey Racers I would like to know Your opinions.

If a racer is being laped for the third time in the MAIN by the leader,
should that racer move out the way or make it harder
for the leader to pass.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, if another racer is lapping you by three laps, they are clearly faster. Be a good sport and let them by when is safe to do so.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

In my opinion you should move off-line, if your being lapped at all at anytime you should move aside. If your being lapped for the third time it's obvious your way off the pace. You can try all you want to hold them off but unless something freaky happens to the lead car you don't have much of a chance to catch up.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Only instance where you shouldn't move off is if you are fighting for position with another car, but even then both lappers should move off and continue the battle as it was before.

This is common courtesy. Some people however just won't do it.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by pyrosian
In my opinion you should move off-line, if your being lapped at all at anytime you should move aside
You do i great job at it Thanks only screwing with you
Old 04-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Some newer racers have a hard time getting out of the way...getting off, then back on line is tough for some novices. I've also seen some faster drivers (though not sponsored) be less-than-courteous while passing.

I for one, will always yield to the faster car. The one exception is where I've let the faster car go 3 times only to have him stuff it in front of me 3 times(same privateer from above)...
Old 04-04-2005, 07:36 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

3 Turns.

If you are being lapped you have 3 turns to get over.
After that the lexan bumper becomes fair play.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you know what? IT really depends.

For outdoor parking lot racing this question would not even come up so i can only assume your racing indoors on carpet??

With CARPET racing the tracks are smaller and lanes are narrow. ITs not always easy for a slower car to find a spot to move over. With that said, if he is in your main that means he had the speed to make it in there with you. Either way if he is down 3 laps yes he is way off the pace wich should make it very easy to pass the guy when the right hole opens up. I notice alot of front runners come up on traffic and simply create there own headachs by not even letting up at all to compensate for the slower car. You know that everyone will have to pass this car so its not like the leader is the only one with the car to pass. A car thats 3 laps down should be dog slow on the straight, use that to pass him. A slow car will feel the pressure and make way eventually but dont expect the guy to just pull over and stop he is after all racing as well.

my 2cents worth
Old 04-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

It's a race, you're under no obligation to let anyone pass.... You let them pass out of pure courtesy.... With some tracks (ie; Willis) it isn't always easy to tell what position you or the guy trying to pass you are in.... If I'm way off pace and I'm AWARE that it's the leader trying to pass, I will let them by... Notice I said AWARE.... I don't study everyone's cars and I'm mostly too busy driving my OWN line to give it up for someone else.... But I'm going to let them by in a spot where I don't have to vere off my course too much....
Old 04-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
you know what? IT really depends.

For outdoor parking lot racing this question would not even come up so i can only assume your racing indoors on carpet??

my 2cents worth
WHAT DOES a bigger track have to with moving out of the way If you dont have lappers at your out door tracks someone is not doing something right.

I agree with the 3 turn rule if the director has told the person to move and dosn't in 3 turns then its move or be moved time
Old 04-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

if you are 3 laps down in the main... why not just pull it... i mean, you cant make it up, and how many ppl could still be racing 3 or more laps down....
Old 04-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Question: Being laped !

Originally posted by Drew_Cat
Hey Racers I would like to know Your opinions.

If a racer is being laped for the third time in the MAIN by the leader,
should that racer move out the way or make it harder
for the leader to pass.
i vote for move. three laps down is hardly "in the main". let's be logical here.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think the understood rule should be you can fight for the first lap, after that jump out of the way.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Let the punting begin!

The only way to race is to be curteous. Not saying to lay down every time a car comes onto you bumper and give up position, but that if you are off the pace and a faster car comes up, give up the line... it's just as important to be aware of what's going on with other cars as it is with your own.

The other thing is to know where the correct place is to pull off the line and yield without putting your car at risk of an incident.

We all come into this hobby as beginners but there are a few things just like any other sport that we must learn and adopt before jumping into the deep end with both feet and that is to respect the other racers.

I can think of one time that the race director told a back marker (sponsored driver) six times... SIX! to move over and after that, when the field was closing I decided to put a wheel inside of him and there was contact... Needless to say it wasn't a punt mut more of a "here I am on the inside i'm passing you" kind of move there was contact and he was more than a little vocal about the pass. After the race things got ugly.. all over little toy cars.

Egos come out, I don't care who you are or what level you are racing at, nobody likes getting lapped. Just ask Michael Schumacher..... But at some point you have to take a reality check and swallow the pride and just get off the line.

I came back into the hobby after being away for 2 years... Did I move over??? You bet I did.... My driving was so pathetic as I tried to see what the car was going to do that every time I slowed to make adjustments the marshall motioned as if to pick the car up. LOL But I remained aware of my surroundings and stayed out of the battle because I knew I was not in contention of that heat.... If was to block one of the other drivers and he punted me, I would feel a little ashamed of myself not mad at him because I shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Anyway I am ranting.... Just have fun.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

On another note, where I race most people know each other. We talk on the drivers stand, everybody knows who the fast guys are. If I'm lapping somebody I'll just say hey its Groffy I'm leading, can I get by? Only person to ever say no is my friend who I've been racing with for years we car pool. For us its fair game, but we play that way on purpose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.