Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Being laped !

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Or if the race director isn't following things and calling traffic, just quote Blackstock on the stand...

"Beep-Beep"
Our director has gotten tons better about this but I sorta do the same thing if I come up on someone lapped

lmao
Old 04-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I feel like if you are being lapped, you should move for the race leader especially if you are 2 laps down.

I also feel that it is the race director responsibility to let the racer who is 2 laps down know that he should move.

If they don't move then the 3 turn rule is in effect. Peel their sticker and keep it movin'.

After the race, the director should address this racer to avoid confusion next time.

Cas
Old 04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah i was waiting for somebody to say they would just hack me back the next lap around.

If i'm off my pace that night, i'll pull over for the leaders or anybody else who is lapping me. I understand that i've lost the race at that point. I'll pull my car off if I'm three laps down, my car is handling pretty crappy at that point so i'm not having fun anyway. Thats not a problem for me.

vtl1180ny: "If you intentionally "PUNT" me and I'm already off pace, I don't have a race to lose, I've already lost it and next lap around may be your last.... Courtesy is expected of all parties, not just the fast guy.... Intentionally hacking someone makes you as bad as the local hack everyone hates to drive around...."

Thats exactly my point, you have already lost it, so why stay in the way of others who haven't. Why get pissed at somebody who is having a great race that "YOUR" ruining? That isn't Courtesy. Get out of the way, or you'll get moved! Have you guys ever been in the way of a pro at a national race for more than a few corners? do you think they are gonna sit behind your slow butt at a race where their sponsorship is on the line? Their not. If you don't get out of the way on your own, If the race director dosen't tell you to get out of the way, if the fast driver can't get around you just because your slow anyway, Then they are going to make you get out of their way.

I'm the race director at my local track, i seperate our drivers as best i can, we use ifmar qualifing, and i tell racers to move over when they are being lapped. I have no problem with a slower racer getting pushed out of the way by the faster guys when they don't move over. And alot of times the slower guy is pissed because he got pushed out of the way, he just dosen't see it in the same point of view, and probably never will.

Last edited by Scrubb; 04-04-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

The thing is, if your a fast driver, if you've been doing this long enough, you've pushed people out of the way. Don't come on internet forums lying through your teeth saying that you just wait behind slower drivers just to be a nice guy. You would never be a fast driver if you did.

Just say it like it is in the world of any racing sport, truthfully.

If the slower guy dosen't get out of the way on his own, the faster guy will get around you, one way or the other, the actions the slower guy takes to get out of his way, will determine how the faster guy gets by him. One thing is for certain, the slower guy is going to learn alot more about racing in that instant than the faster guy will.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Let me give one piece of advise if I may......If you're being lapped, get faster.......If you're lapp-ing then keep it up and get-er-done!
Old 04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

If you have to hack someone to pass them, your not good enough to pass cleanly...
Old 04-04-2005, 05:05 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is just shy of a pissing match of opinions............. Some are simply answering the question while others are trying to get a rise out of people. Bottom line is if you can't pass him clean (for the 3rd time using this scenario) Your not as good as you think you are. And if your running balls out into the corner and punt someone this doesnt qualify you as being " FAST "
Old 04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by brians11
if you are 3 laps down in the main... why not just pull it... i mean, you cant make it up, and how many ppl could still be racing 3 or more laps down....
'

not everyone is a quiter
Old 04-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by 403forbidden
'

not everyone is a quiter
Two ways to look at it...either you are in a competitive main and you car is not working right and you are actually a road block, at which point remove it before you break something else or somebody else...or you are truly trying really hard but just stuck in one of those 1 Main tracks, at which point, just keep at it don't quit.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

To the original question, I always try and move over for the leaders. Usually I know the guys beating me, and like to see them have a good race.

I'll say this though, there's a big difference between the
VERY good fast guys, and the guys who are out of control fast. I've watched alot of the real good guys, carpet, off-road whatever and they wait to make their pass. The out of control guys who fluctuate btw the A and the B depending on what guys are there are the ones who think it's their right to not let off at all and just drive right under your rear-end. I wonder if they just can't see the track well enough, or they really are just on the edge of being a bad driver with a little bit of skills..??

And I wouldn't pull out of a race either. I'll be courteous, but you never know who or when someone will crash out.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Here's my solution. When your one turn back of a lapped car, call out what color car you have and tell them that your in the lead. Usually they will move over for a turn and let you by. Then you thank them and continue to make clean passes. If you are a fast guy and come up on a slow car, but say nothing. Then with their inexperiece of being slower, they won't be in the racing train of thought, thus meaning that they won't recognize that you are a fast car.

If I'm leading a race and someone slightly faster comes up behind me, I will let them by, assuming that it is in the middle of the race. Then I ride their A$$ until they swing wide in the last few laps, or choke and make a wreck. I was racing stock last summer, and about 5 laps into the A, a guy came up behind me to take the lead. I let him by, and trailed his bumper for about 15 straight laps. Then when his battery was used up and I still had juice, I passed him with 3 laps to go. It's much easier to take second for the majority of the race, then have the pressure of first, or worse, get into a wreck and gamble with your ability to come out on top.

And sometimes, when your in second, give them the ol' bump draft. They will push wide, and you'll overtake them with ease. "Punting" is the worst thing possible to do. Especially if they are a beginner.

3 laps down on a carpet track doesn't mean that someone is not fast. I had a race a few months back on a track that ran 6 second laps. I ended up 7th in the A main, and my lap times were .3 off first place. He lapped me 5 times by the end of the race It was my first time on carpet, running open 19 turn, so we ended up running 40+ laps.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you race with the same poeple enough, they will hopefully start to learn your colors and you to theirs and you will automically know when you are catching or being caught by anyone.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

many times the best thing to do if your beinglapped seems to be hold your line. if they are that much faster they will get around you. sometimes you move over to give room and it seems you moved right into what they were going use as thelane to pass. many time s on the stand if a way faster car is coming up behind me I will tell him go inside or outside of me on the next corner. manytimes makeing an unexpected manuver takes you both out
Old 04-04-2005, 07:42 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Very well put magnum.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

the thing i dont like is that i move over for everyone. since i still suck. but since im not used to it i sumtimes move over at the wrong time and then the fast guys get pissed cuz they rear ended me. so at least understand when a slow guy is trying to get away and still isnt quite that good enough.
oh btw a lot of people in this thread need to get their your and you're 's right lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.