Question: Being laped !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Being laped !

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Initiate

The Main is an all out RACE, not going against the clock but you are going against the other guys. Now having said that, if you are in the main with a car that you are going to lap 3 times, you must be in one of the bottom mains where this usually happens. At most tracks down to C or D main the competition is usually just a lap or two down. Three is where you have a moderately fast guy in a E or F Main with a bunch of beginners.

Some how if you are in a competitive main like a A, B or even C...and you are getting lapped for the 3rd time. Just take the car off the track and call it a day.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

if I'm leading the race, and second is right behind me, i'll punt slowpoke out of my way, I'm not going wait either. Hopefully taking out slowpoke will slow down second place as well. No sense losing what i worked for because the race director dosen't do his job and seperate the drivers with different skills into different heats. obviously the director just sets up the computer the way the racers signed up on the sign-in sheet. If i'm not under pressure, i'll wait for slowpoke to crash, go wide or i'll take him on the striaght, he's obviously slow for a reason.

Slower drivers should take note. If you don't want to get punted, pick a place thats conveinent to move over and do so. that is the only way both drivers will be happy.

Rule #1. The Fast driver wont care if he has to punt slow driver, but slow driver will be pissed.

Rule #2. Fast driver will be pissed if he has to drive behind slow driver for too long, after that happens, see rule #1.

Rule #3. Both Fast Driver and Slow Driver will be happy if Slow Driver makes a nice deliberate and predictable move out of the way at an easy point on the track, communication on the drivers stand is key here.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

The last 2 posters I guess arent even considering that some tracks barely have enough drivers to fill out one main. The most I have ever raced against in touring is 14 drivers in one night. The last few months we have had at most 5 people show up in one day. 25 or 30 oval racers but no one runs touring here anymore.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There's a simple and easy answer for the original question-

Treat other racers the way you would like to be treated. If you were leading the race with second place hot on your heels and a lapped (x3) car was in front, would you want him to try and hold you off letting second place catch and possibly pass you? I wouldn't, and I always try to remember we are primarily racing for fun. I love to win just like the next guy, but I don't want to make enemies at the races nor do I want others to think I'm more of a jerk than they already think...

I would rather lose a tenth by taking a wide line than lose half a lap because the leader had to Earnhardt me out of the way.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Its really a pretty simple answer, do what you did the first 2 times you lapped him!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

When I'm up on a lapper I'll give them a lap before I give them the bumper
Old 04-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you're getting lapped, a 10th of a second is the least of your worries. And new92 has a good point. There are many tracks (our local tracks included) where there isn't more than just an A main. And especially in a class like 19 turn, you get pros running wanting more track time and "novice" or beginner drivers running in a class that's beyond their capability. That's how you end up with guys 3+ laps down.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 04-04-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

I apologize if I offended the folks who race at smaller local tracks, but point well taken.

Btw, I like weaponx's suggestion the best!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

you guys can "type" as nice as you want to on this forum. But your simply not going to wait behind that guy if your faster than him, if he's already three laps down, you've already passed the guy a couple times. If he's sitting in your line intentionally holding you back, your gonna get around him or get him out of your way. You've all done it at sometime, so stop the nice guy act. if he sucks, then you're only gonna get around him in a couple of corners anyway. if there is only one heat of cars, it wouldn't be that hard to have a drivers meeting to tell racers what they need to do.

Like i said, you guys can type as nice as you want here , but in a close race, you guys are not going to be thinking so considerately when all your thinking about is staying ahead of the guy behind you, not the guy in front of you that you've already lapped three times.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If hes three laps down, chances are he will move himself off the line, probably unintentionally.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Scrubb
if I'm leading the race, and second is right behind me, i'll punt slowpoke out of my way, I'm not going wait either. Hopefully taking out slowpoke will slow down second place as well. No sense losing what i worked for because the race director dosen't do his job and seperate the drivers with different skills into different heats.
Do you drive home from the race the same way?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Scrubb
you guys can "type" as nice as you want to on this forum. But your simply not going to wait behind that guy if your faster than him, if he's already three laps down, you've already passed the guy a couple times. If he's sitting in your line intentionally holding you back, your gonna get around him or get him out of your way. You've all done it at sometime, so stop the nice guy act. if he sucks, then you're only gonna get around him in a couple of corners anyway. if there is only one heat of cars, it wouldn't be that hard to have a drivers meeting to tell racers what they need to do.

Like i said, you guys can type as nice as you want here , but in a close race, you guys are not going to be thinking so considerately when all your thinking about is staying ahead of the guy behind you, not the guy in front of you that you've already lapped three times.
Werd
Old 04-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by F1-Fanatic
Do you drive home from the race the same way?
I was thinking the same thing.... We all have good days and bad days.... The guy who's off the pace could be you next weekend....

If you intentionally "PUNT" me and I'm already off pace, I don't have a race to lose, I've already lost it and next lap around may be your last.... Courtesy is expected of all parties, not just the fast guy.... Intentionally hacking someone makes you as bad as the local hack everyone hates to drive around....

This is a hobby and most of us are club racers.. We're mostly all friends and out to have fun....
Old 04-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Or if the race director isn't following things and calling traffic, just quote Blackstock on the stand...

"Beep-Beep"
Old 04-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I was thinking the same thing.... We all have good days and bad days.... The guy who's off the pace could be you next weekend....

If you intentionally "PUNT" me and I'm already off pace, I don't have a race to lose, I've already lost it and next lap around may be your last.... Courtesy is expected of all parties, not just the fast guy.... Intentionally hacking someone makes you as bad as the local hack everyone hates to drive around....

This is a hobby and most of us are club racers.. We're mostly all friends and out to have fun....
100%
No offense on the others but just wanted to point out some tracks have all abilities grouped together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.