R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #166
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,280
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by advfuel View Post
Well I walked in from work today and seen my half built stx sitting there. When I started building this car over 6 weeks ago, I had the lower suspension holder missing from my kit. Part st03018-3. I contacted my supplier and he contacted wrc . Well it's been over 6 weeks and they still haven't sent the part that was missing. I have a $500 plus half built car sitting there doing nothing . I can't believe a a simple part could take so long. I'm not a happy chappy. I'm being polite .
If I have the part I will send it to you. We need to get these cars out on the track so that people can see what they are about. PM me with your info and I will see what I can do
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #167
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Stefano, how do you get -0.5 for the front hinge pin holder ?

Is there an optional block ?
no optional block, I put 0.5 shim(instead of 1mm STD) under front block

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by advfuel View Post
Well I walked in from work today and seen my half built stx sitting there. When I started building this car over 6 weeks ago, I had the lower suspension holder missing from my kit. Part st03018-3. I contacted my supplier and he contacted wrc . Well it's been over 6 weeks and they still haven't sent the part that was missing. I have a $500 plus half built car sitting there doing nothing . I can't believe a a simple part could take so long. I'm not a happy chappy. I'm being polite .
I'm so sorry for this, maybe there were problems with shipments!
now I report the problem
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #168
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
If I have the part I will send it to you. We need to get these cars out on the track so that people can see what they are about. PM me with your info and I will see what I can do
thanks BP SHADOW
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #169
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

hi all!
news? test for your STX?
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #170
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

some home made mod by Ronny Haase for STX


WRC official Parts arrive very soon
some parts testing, stay tuned
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #171
Tech Addict
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Still not convinced about short shocks... But although T-shox kits are quite terrific it could only perform better than original wrc shocks... :-)

Tell me if you feel something different with T-shox...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #172
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I finally ran my STX this past Saturday. I'm running 4.5 mod boosted on a large 1/8 scale track in Toledo. I had no idea what to expect but was surprised that the car was very good. I thought that maybe the chassis had to much flex but I was wrong. I did swap out the shocks for Tamiya shocks and dropped in a Xray gear diff in place of the spec R one. It looks to me as if the designer had an Xray sitting on his desk when working on the STX. I think the arms, c-hubs and rear uprights all drop right in. I'm using all kit parts (except for the diff and shocks) and they seem to work well. I don't like the aluminum ball ends on the hinge pins as they look to be corroding (galvanic corrosion ?) so I'm thinking of swapping them out for steel ones. Again I'm happy with the car and really looking forward to carpet season.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #173
Tech Addict
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You're right! This car has too much flex in MOD conditions. Here we have tried a T-shape part to replace the most rear cyclinder, with a fixation on the chassis plate. It makes the car more stiffer and sharper...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #174
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Have you tried the optional 2.5mm chassis ?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #175
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
You're right! This car has too much flex in MOD conditions. Here we have tried a T-shape part to replace the most rear cyclinder, with a fixation on the chassis plate. It makes the car more stiffer and sharper...
some parts testing....
try 2.5 chassis, is very good on mod class
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #176
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Have you tried the optional 2.5mm chassis ?
maybe tomorrow I try 2.5 chassis
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #177
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Still not convinced about short shocks... But although T-shox kits are quite terrific it could only perform better than original wrc shocks... :-)

Tell me if you feel something different with T-shox...
low towers by WRC arrive very soon
my team mate M. Berlincioni use T-Shox on STX and works good...
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #178
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

i'm in the US..who is the distributor for the US ? i'd like to check this car out plus i'm in the mood to build something
thefnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #179
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefnshow View Post
i'm in the US..who is the distributor for the US ? i'd like to check this car out plus i'm in the mood to build something


Brad's got some kits and parts @ http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #180
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

thanks
thefnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) SlamMan Colorado Racing 21399 02-28-2017 04:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:25 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net