R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got my STX from F1Paintlab. I'm going to use it for the upcoming carpet season. The shocks have problems with the rod guides (to tight) and there are new pistons (3 hole) but with some effort you can get them to work.
I thought that the chassis was a little soft (mine came with the 2.25mm chassis) but thought that it might be just right for low to med. grip asphalt. I'm going to try the option 2.50mm for carpet.
I like all the new ideas that were put into the kit like the slider steering rack, the parallel top decks, the way the battery is held in place and the unique dog bone blades. I'm anxious to get this car on the track.
I'd be interested to know how your car runs ...
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #152
Tech Master

Old 06-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #153
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
I just got my STX from F1Paintlab. I'm going to use it for the upcoming carpet season. The shocks have problems with the rod guides (to tight) and there are new pistons (3 hole) but with some effort you can get them to work.
I thought that the chassis was a little soft (mine came with the 2.25mm chassis) but thought that it might be just right for low to med. grip asphalt. I'm going to try the option 2.50mm for carpet.
I like all the new ideas that were put into the kit like the slider steering rack, the parallel top decks, the way the battery is held in place and the unique dog bone blades. I'm anxious to get this car on the track.
I'd be interested to know how your car runs ...
Thanks.
great!
for shocks you need to use 3mm reamer on guide, and little bit reduce thickness of external guide, 0.2mm is good
personally use std chassis on carpet with medium grip, because the flex generate more steering out of curve, on high grip you can try 2.5mm
you can play with 3 renforcement on "Twin Blade" topdeck for change the flex.
little tip, add five 0.5mm shim under motor mount,
I run with short link front and rear, 350cps oil, HPI Pink Front, HPI Silver Rear, gear diff 2000 cps, droop 6 front 4.5 rear.
I recommend to try Progressive WRC Spring, Pink and Green, very good oh Asphalt, we have yet to try them on carpet.
for all question tell me
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #154
Tech Master

Thanks ! (Gratzi ! ... lol)
Old 06-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #155
Tech Addict

First race with the car:
Last week-end I was organizing a race counting for our local outdoor championship. About twenty racers, three STX.

First you have to know I don't use the provided shocks, as I did not have to tool to mount them correctly for the race, so I was using my usual HB shocks with Ride springs, great point of reference.

In the morning, the car was precise, with a good front train, enough steering and a stable rear train. The car is quite fast but I had no time to setup anything, so I'm not as fast as usual.

In the afternoon, the car is a lot faster. So my setup was not good for fresh conditions, and now that the track conditions are getting hotter, I'm getting faster!

Sadly I can't finish my last final because of the front DCJ pin, which chose to get out of the DCJ... Clearly this pin is quite too short and I will try to replace it asap.

The other problem was how the fiber tape secures the battery... You can't have a lateral fixation with just a chamfer... When my car roll, the sides of the chassis are rubbing the ground and it cut the fiber tape! So I adapted the Awesomatix fixation... (warning crappy phone picture coming...)

to summarize, the car was not perfect, but it has a great potential...

And by the way we place 3 STX in the first four places of the final ranking...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #156
Tech Master

Are you running mod ?
Thanks.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #157
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
First race with the car:
Last week-end I was organizing a race counting for our local outdoor championship. About twenty racers, three STX.

First you have to know I don't use the provided shocks, as I did not have to tool to mount them correctly for the race, so I was using my usual HB shocks with Ride springs, great point of reference.

In the morning, the car was precise, with a good front train, enough steering and a stable rear train. The car is quite fast but I had no time to setup anything, so I'm not as fast as usual.

In the afternoon, the car is a lot faster. So my setup was not good for fresh conditions, and now that the track conditions are getting hotter, I'm getting faster!

Sadly I can't finish my last final because of the front DCJ pin, which chose to get out of the DCJ... Clearly this pin is quite too short and I will try to replace it asap.

The other problem was how the fiber tape secures the battery... You can't have a lateral fixation with just a chamfer... When my car roll, the sides of the chassis are rubbing the ground and it cut the fiber tape! So I adapted the Awesomatix fixation... (warning crappy phone picture coming...)

to summarize, the car was not perfect, but it has a great potential...

And by the way we place 3 STX in the first four places of the final ranking...
very well!
you used to std setup?
I have never had any problems with the fiber tape, we are working to make a standard support for securing fiber tape!
for DCJ, please check the pins have the small cut for the , I have never go out, but I'm running 13.5T blinky, you run mod class?
in each case for security you can put a small piece of heat shrink
Old 06-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #158
Tech Regular

I see the Picture, I don't like alu screws on the fixing topdeck...can bend especially if you use it without reinforcements topdeck.
soon as you can, put these Option Parts

cod. ST03044-1
Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #159
Tech Master

Stefano, how many in a package ?
Thanks.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #160
Tech Addict

Hi,

Thank you for your remarks. I'm running 10.5 boosted, and our track has a huge right turn at the beginning of the straight line, so I suppose the DCJ are suffering a lot there... Normally I would have disassembled the DCJ to remount them but I had no time. What must I check about the DCJ Stefano? I think there is one word missing in your sentence...

I'm already using the reinforcements for the topdeck...

More later on my setup... sorry I have to go...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #161
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Stefano, how many in a package ?
Thanks.
Only 1 pair, you need 2 package
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #162
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Hi,

Thank you for your remarks. I'm running 10.5 boosted, and our track has a huge right turn at the beginning of the straight line, so I suppose the DCJ are suffering a lot there... Normally I would have disassembled the DCJ to remount them but I had no time. What must I check about the DCJ Stefano? I think there is one word missing in your sentence...

I'm already using the reinforcements for the topdeck...

More later on my setup... sorry I have to go...
ciao!
sorry, my mistake, check the pins have the flaring for set screw, for max security, little piece of heat shrink
try also without renforcement
Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #163
Tech Regular

Saturday 5-6 Run on my STX
I tried a few things and I'm really satisfied
here is the setup
Attached Thumbnails
WRC Racing STX EP touring car-stx_sesso_test_day2.jpg  
Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #164
Tech Master

Stefano, how do you get -0.5 for the front hinge pin holder ?

Is there an optional block ?

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #165
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Parts problem

Well I walked in from work today and seen my half built stx sitting there. When I started building this car over 6 weeks ago, I had the lower suspension holder missing from my kit. Part st03018-3. I contacted my supplier and he contacted wrc . Well it's been over 6 weeks and they still haven't sent the part that was missing. I have a $500 plus half built car sitting there doing nothing . I can't believe a a simple part could take so long. I'm not a happy chappy. I'm being polite .
advfuel is offline   Reply With Quote