Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless Ofna GPX4

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Brushless Ofna GPX4

Just to want share my brushless converted GPX4. I really like the brushless 1/8 on-road/GT (i.e. Ofna GTP, DM-One, Kyosho GT2E, etc...). However, everything cost more with those cars like tires, bodies, brushless system, etc... I also like to have 2 speed and mechanical brake and I don't really care for reverse. So, since my GPX4 has been sitting around for a few years, I decided to make it brushless. I didn't know if it was possible because there really isn't alot of room where the engine used to be. I finally got a engine mount that works but I had to do a little grinding with a Dremel. I also had to Dremel a good portion of the upper deck but still leave the part where the servos mount intact. It's a tight squeeze but everything fits. I also had to make a battery tray because there just isn't any room left for battery. All I need now is some suitable lipo (hardcase) and a new body. I tired it with some lipos I had for helicopter. They're two 11.1v 1500mAh connected in parallel. I tried it in front of my house and it was really quick without even reaching half throttle. Can't wait to try it on a open lot.
Attached Thumbnails Brushless Ofna GPX4-img_0844.jpg   Brushless Ofna GPX4-img_0845.jpg   Brushless Ofna GPX4-img_0847.jpg   Brushless Ofna GPX4-img_0848.jpg   Brushless Ofna GPX4-img_0850.jpg