Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xray t2 based chassis

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default xray t2 based chassis

hello i have a xray t2 not sure of the year running car in vta would like to know what upgrades i can use on the t2 chassis. any all parts from xray.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
hello i have a xray t2 not sure of the year running car in vta would like to know what upgrades i can use on the t2 chassis. any all parts from xray.
Your not really going to need any upgrades to run it in VTA. The only thing will be to make it a little more lipo friendly. Depending on how far you have to move the battery away from the center line to clear the top deck you might need some sort of retainers to make sure the battery stays put.
While it's not a needed upgrade if you have a 007, 008, or a 009, you could upgrade to an Exotek aftermarket chassis. They are much more lipo friendly and quite a bit narrower which helps prevent the chassis from rubbing the ground.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I run an '07 in VTA. All I use for battery mounting is HUDY tape, one piece longways and another from the top plate, across the battery and across the bottom of the chassis, with the battery sitting square with the chassis. I have the alunimum c hubs, steering hubs, and rear uprights. Its hit walls hard alot and I've yet to break anything, so that may be something to look into.

The ECS front shafts and the V2 C hubs would be good money spent. Spool in the front if you run carpet. White springs on front and yellow rears work well for me with 35w AE oil all around for large track. The T2 chassis are good for VTA and run well when set up
Old 11-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

The ECS front shafts and the V2 C hubs would be good money spent.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I race a T2 007 in our GT3 class that is a 540 silvercan any tires GT bodies.
I have the exotech chassis conversion kit and exotech battery hold down. I also have a CSO east/west servo mount and a spec R gear diff and I do have aluminum steering hubs and Tamiya TRF shocks the 007's shocks started leaking. The east west servo mount makes it much easier to get the electronics in the car even using a Novak GTX esc( one of the smallest ESC). I also have a T3/12 17.5 to compare it too my T2 is a more durable then my T3 and handles almost as well! My T2 is great handling car it really drives easy and rolls the corners with little scrub an that is what you need in the lower speed classes. My freind just bought a T2 on Ebay with an exotech for $165 for his son to race in GT3 after driving my T2 he thought it is a great car for his son to race.
Attached Thumbnails xray t2 based chassis-cso-xt-8050_l.jpg   xray t2 based chassis-b-rians-cars-yo-020.jpg   xray t2 based chassis-b-rians-cars-yo-022.jpg