Wiki Posts
Search

RC Tuner Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default RC Tuner Magazine

I wanted to take a second to let everyone know that their is a new digital magazine that just took off over the past few days and there is currently a free preview offer going on for everyone to check it. What is cool about this magazine is there are a lot of real racers contributing to it and people are bringing their real life experiences to digital print. The iPad app is really cool and the amount of digital content is pretty awesome. I was pretty impressed when I got a chance to filter through the articles today. The RC Tuner app is located in the iTunes store. Go check it out and please provide feedback on what people want to see covered in future issues!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rc-t...572785960?mt=8

www.rctuner.com
Old 11-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks !... the more feedback the better.

Please check out the Free preview. We realize that the tablet platform is the future of magazines, and are focusing on the largest tablet market to start off. We will be moving to a more diverse offering in the future.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

so those of us with out an ipad cant check it out ,i love how technology works
Old 11-13-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
so those of us with out an ipad cant check it out ,i love how technology works
+5!!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Rookie

We understand your frustration with technology, but are taking one step at a time. We started with the iPad ecosystem out of pure numbers, it is the most popular tablet. More delivery methods to come.

Originally Posted by corallyman
+5!!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCTunerMag
We understand your frustration with technology, but are taking one step at a time. We started with the iPad ecosystem out of pure numbers, it is the most popular tablet. More delivery methods to come.
I understand that for sure, and can't blame you, maybe you could add something of substance to the website, so we can check it out.

Steve
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Website is in development now. We have a few other items that will bring value add as well. Thanks for the understanding, and when you do get a chance to take alook at our hard work, please feel free to point out what you like and not...

We are trying to do this a bit different then most of the other good publications out there.

Originally Posted by corallyman
I understand that for sure, and can't blame you, maybe you could add something of substance to the website, so we can check it out.

Steve
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Hmmm.

But is it the most popular platform amongst people interested in R/C? That I think is the question.

Oh well, we'll find out. I think.

Remember the most popular speedy is the Tekin and you must have a Windoze platform to run that.

Good luck.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We will find out soon, that's for sure. We had more downloads in the first 12 hours then we anticipated, and from all over the globe.

Originally Posted by niznai
Hmmm.

But is it the most popular platform amongst people interested in R/C? That I think is the question.

Oh well, we'll find out. I think.

Remember the most popular speedy is the Tekin and you must have a Windoze platform to run that.

Good luck.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

.. We started with the iPad ecosystem out of pure numbers, it is the most popular tablet...
But not the most popular delivery method overall .. PC/Web

I'm not knocking you, as it looks very promising, good articles, and I definelty want to check it out .. if the first issue is free, maybe a pdf download on the site would help to get the word out quicker.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

how do u plan on attracting newbies like me to buy into the magazine...especially if it's by experienced tuners for other tuners...half the lingo that they use in here....i have a hard time with...i stroll into the nitro section and i swear those guys are speaking german or something like that...and it's intimidating as heck...makes u not want to ask any questions in fear that u'll look like a dooma$$....for sure i would never allow my son to come into this forum...

so...make a newbie section and promote it to younger folks and their parents such as me who wants to get into the RC world...remember...promote RC to the kids and you'll have potential customers for life...it's becos of my son that i've gotten into RC and i've dumped over 4K into the hobby already...

u wanna know why Traxxas is the most successful RC product?...cos they know how to build an inexpensive tough product for kids...and they sucker their parents like me into buying it for them...

hook em while they're young and you'll have sales for life...
Old 11-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs down

ipad only
what an odd choice for distribution into the world of RC ?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi RedBullFiXX - We realize that although the iPad is the current market leader in tablets, it's not the only tablet out there. Also, there is no real way of knowing what is the most popular tablet in RC. We started with the iPad for 2 reasons - 1. It's the dominant tablet as far as overall numbers and we want to reach as many people as possible (of course). 2. The iPad offers a user experience that's hard to ignore. We didn't want to just create another magazine, we wanted to create a whole new experience. Having said that, the iPad was never going to be the only tablet we publish for, just the first. We are hoping to have RC Tuner available on Kindle and Android devices in January. The current Free Preview Issue works on all iPads including the mini.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Why not start out with something as simple as a PDF so that you're cross-platform compatible with every computer/device on the planet (short of a Texas Instruments calculator)? If you're trying to get your name out there, you should be focusing on the content of the magazine, not worrying about using proprietary means of distribution.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Think Chevrolet debuted with the LS? Nope, because they started someplace! Be happy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.