Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Tuner Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I think its great, really like the content and the presentation.

The contributors, well.......lol, I think I have actually exchanged words with them before, great guys, even Art! jk (Still can't get a nice diff feel, but the bearing is holding on nicely. Appreciate the honest opinion though.)

For future articles, I'd like to see some more in depth looks at the winners cars, sort of like what RedRC is doing for the Gas race right now, but a little more information about the cars, maybe a link to a setup sheet and any out of the ordinary options on the cars.

This will go well with my "Setup HD" download from Martin Crisp.......oh yeah, only on I-pad too.
Hi Johnny: awesome, glad to hear it. Funny you mention Art and setup...I hope you become a subscriber when the December issue comes out or at least download the December issue when it becomes available. There will be a setup article from Art in there too

As far as some in-depth looks at winner's cars...one of the concepts we have come up with is exactly that. The reason the name is RC "Tuner" is because we wanted to have a focus on what people do to their kit. Nobody leaves a kit as stock, not even the RTR customer. One thing we said we wanted to do was showcase what exactly top drivers are doing to their rides so that anyone could duplicate with their own chassis. So watch for exactly that in future issues of RC Tuner Magazine!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCTunerMag
Hi Johnny: awesome, glad to hear it. Funny you mention Art and setup...I hope you become a subscriber when the December issue comes out or at least download the December issue when it becomes available. There will be a setup article from Art in there too

As far as some in-depth looks at winner's cars...one of the concepts we have come up with is exactly that. The reason the name is RC "Tuner" is because we wanted to have a focus on what people do to their kit. Nobody leaves a kit as stock, not even the RTR customer. One thing we said we wanted to do was showcase what exactly top drivers are doing to their rides so that anyone could duplicate with their own chassis. So watch for exactly that in future issues of RC Tuner Magazine!
LOL, is this where I put a disclaimer in, lol. Its going to be great.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Loved the first edition, great to see a section devoted to drifting, hopefully a trend that will continue! Also the embedded videos are a sweet idea, adds a new dimension to the written content.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serzoni
Why not start out with something as simple as a PDF so that you're cross-platform compatible with every computer/device on the planet (short of a Texas Instruments calculator)? If you're trying to get your name out there, you should be focusing on the content of the magazine, not worrying about using proprietary means of distribution.
You can't control who has a PDF, they want to stop people from downloading it and giving it away free to everyone.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The navigation of that app leaves a lot to be desired
Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Remember the most popular speedy is the Tekin and you must have a Windoze platform to run that..
Really? Not sure I even know anyone with a Tekin anymore.
Thats old stuff
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by devilfish
Loved the first edition, great to see a section devoted to drifting, hopefully a trend that will continue! Also the embedded videos are a sweet idea, adds a new dimension to the written content.
Thank you! We are really trying to take advantage of the technology in a way that fits with the content instead of overpowering the reader with technology just for the sake of having it.

In the future, we will continue to have embedded videos where it makes sense so that you won't have to be online. However, in order to keep the file size manageable for readers some of the videos will be hosted online. Of course you will need to be connected to the internet for those.

We are currently in the process of updating our system so that we can publish to Android and Kindle Fire devices. There is lots of new tech coming with that too! Please continue with the feedback, we appreciate it all.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Really? Not sure I even know anyone with a Tekin anymore.
Thats old stuff
Still huge in the off-road world
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EricW
Hello Eric and thank you for the feedback. We are happy to receive constructive criticism and have made ourselves available right in the issue. There is direct email links for feedback and comments in several areas of the issue including the "Letters from the Editors" and the back cover. We encourage the feedback so we are able to make the magazine better for our readers. Of course we love positive feedback, but we genuinely want to hear how to do better too.

Concerning the navigation, we are finding that being such a new medium there are really no standards. However, the issue is setup like any other English magazine with the flow from left to right, top to bottom. You swipe from page to page as you would a print magazine (turn pages from right to left). With articles that are "stacked" vertically there are hints at the bottom of each page that you can swipe the page up to reveal more content below. We even included a flashing graphic at the bottom center of those pages as more of a hint along with the text. In every area where there is scrolling text there is a hint like "swipe up to scroll text" at the start of the scroll area. We have really tried to include as much technology where it made sense and given hints on what to do in every situation. All of that being said, if you can give some examples of what you would like to have happen we are open to implementing whatever makes sense for the reader. This is a magazine for you guys, tell us what you want and if it's possible and makes sense we'll implement it as soon as we can.

Admittedly, if you are not used to reading an interactive magazine on a tablet just yet (not saying you in particular, but anyone) you will find that it may take some getting used to. There is so much more to offer than can ever be put in a printed magazine. Along with that comes a new user experience and will require some getting used to.

Future issues will continue to be smoother and over time I'm sure more intuitive. We are already upgrading our system in order to publish to Kindle Fire and Android devices. We will be sure to try and make navigation easier and more intuitive.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Loved the first edition, great to see a section devoted to drifting, hopefully a trend that will continue!
We plan to include drifting as often as we have content for it...along with any other category or class. I can say that we've had a huge response from the large scale community and are looking to include a regular large scale column as a result.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Yeah it took me a bit to get my head around it as well, probably just having the content button (or similiar) appear in a defined place on the page would possibly help this. Also I noticed when you first open the magazine you have to flick to the next page to get the instructions on how the magazine is layed out, maybe having this appear immediately when the user loads the program would help?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah it took me a bit to get my head around it as well, probably just having the content button (or similiar) appear in a defined place on the page would possibly help this. Also I noticed when you first open the magazine you have to flick to the next page to get the instructions on how the magazine is layed out, maybe having this appear immediately when the user loads the program would help?
I think for future issues we will put an obvious link on the cover to the instructions. Since this is so new, we were going to release a video on how to use the issue...however...(bombshell notice) the next issue is going to be quite different from the Free Preview. So, rather than spend more time explaining the initial release we figured we would work hard on making the next few issues even better and releasing a "how-to" video on the magazine itself when the next issue(s) comes out in January.

As we mentioned earlier, we are already working on publishing to Kindle Fire and Android devices. As we are working on hard on the next issues, please send us feedback either via email from the magazine if you've downloaded it to your iPad or right here on rctech - whatever works for you. The more feedback we get, the better job we can do for our readers.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IvVaum
have u guys already "printed" out the 12 or 15 issues already?...and if it doesn't go well...those of us who have subscribed annually...are we going to get our money back?...
Are you serious??? Dude! Go get your coffee can of pennies and count 'em. You are the type of subscriber they don't want. That comment up there is absolutely ridiculous. You should have deleted it!!

This magazine is BAD-ASS! Thank you guys for putting this together. I look forward to the future issues!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Rookie

No worries...and thank you for the positive feedback. Speaking of...

We are in the process of putting together our Annual Buyer's Guide. Any feedback of what you would like to see will certainly be considered. Of course, yes there are buyer's guides available already...so why do one of our own? Well, here is what is different about ours -

1. We believe a proper guide should be more inclusive of what's truly available in the market.
2. It would be great to be able to buy right from the guide...so now you can with a simple tap.
3. Obsolete items should go away and new items should be added...so that's what will happen. Everyone who downloads our guide will get free updates as they happen.
4. Speaking of price, will be only $1.99 for the single issue or included as part of an annual subscription.
5. One little picture isn't enough. Ours will have expandable images, slide shows, video links, scrolling text, direct web links, etc.
6. Will be available on iPad, Kindle Fire & Android devices

Anything else you guys want to see?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Wow very cool. I actually liked the navigation of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.