Wiki Posts
Search

Need help making a rules for 1/10 touring electric

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Need help making a rules for 1/10 touring electric

Hi, im making the rules for the 1/10 electric in my club the class was running in the past with the ezrun 5.5t motor, hobbywing discontinue the 5.5 ezrun so is a little hard to find one motor im thinking is the 8.5 xerun boosted would they perfom close to each other the 5.5 non boost vs the 8.5 boosted? Our track is really big for touring is made more for 1/8 and 1/5 but still racing lower class on asphalt.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flagor
Hi, im making the rules for the 1/10 electric in my club the class was running in the past with the ezrun 5.5t motor, hobbywing discontinue the 5.5 ezrun so is a little hard to find one motor im thinking is the 8.5 xerun boosted would they perfom close to each other the 5.5 non boost vs the 8.5 boosted? Our track is really big for touring is made more for 1/8 and 1/5 but still racing lower class on asphalt.
8.5 boosted will potentially be faster than 5.5 non boosted.

Running boosted does open up a can of worms.

If you wanted to keep a set class, you are best off running any motor in a blinky class as speedo settings can be the difference between 1st and 10th.

In the UK this year 10.5t boosted was the chosen instead of open modified class - the difference in speed was negligible - just a lot of hot/blown up motors.

Next year, open mod is the chosen class again.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

First rule of rulemaking (especially at club level) is "keep it simple".

5.5 motors are pretty pacy already, you may as well make the class an open motor class - as said above, 8.5 boosted is going to be pretty quick and not far off the limits of any track.

The other route to take is to make it a stock class that is more in line with stock in the rest of the world. For that, I would recommend a "blinky" ESC rule, and a motor wind that makes sense compared to your national/local rules. In the UK we have a blinky class of 17.5, which feels a shade slow to me, the sweet spot on gearing and motor setup is very small. The racing is good though. 13.5 blinky has a bit more power and should still be fun on a big track.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I know is an open class, here is a little video of the track from Domincan Republic Caribbean 1/5 is the mayor quorum class the race from octuber. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYI4h...e_gdata_player

We are running 5.5 right now fastes lap is 20.256 we are looking for a fast class due to the track size
Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

10.5 boosted would be quick around that track, I would bet faster than a 5.5 ezrun
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

theres other club about 2 hours car drive they are using 8.5 boosted, thats why the motor could be that one