Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turnigy Trackstar 60A ESC anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Turnigy Trackstar 60A ESC anybody?

I bought a Turnigy Trackstar 60A ESC from Hobby King for my 6.1 WC. It's this one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Version_2.html

Anyways, I realize it is a cheap ESC. It sometimes lurches and makes buzzing noises before the car will start moving. I have already ordered an 80A ESC from Brushless Hobbies. Still, I was just curious if anybody else has ever tried one of these Turnigy Trackstar ESCs in a touring car? I am using a Trackstar 17.5T motor as well. The motor is great. I'm not real pleased with the ESC though.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
I bought a Turnigy Trackstar 60A ESC from Hobby King for my 6.1 WC. It's this one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Version_2.html

Anyways, I realize it is a cheap ESC. It sometimes lurches and makes buzzing noises before the car will start moving. I have already ordered an 80A ESC from Brushless Hobbies. Still, I was just curious if anybody else has ever tried one of these Turnigy Trackstar ESCs in a touring car? I am using a Trackstar 17.5T motor as well. The motor is great. I'm not real pleased with the ESC though.
Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless
There's your problem right there, it's an un sensored esc and you're trying to use a sensored motor on it. Sure it'll work but it won't work as well as it should do.

As for Brushless hobbies esc, you may want to read this thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...lp-needed.html

If you're after an in expensive, reliable and well supported sensored esc you might want to check out a Hobbywing 60amp Xtreme Stock.
http://www.rcmart.com/hobbywing-xtre...e-p-33411.html

The 2 in 1 LCD programing box for it in an additional $25 but then you can hook it up to your pc/laptop & fine tune it even more.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Well, I wish I had seen that before. I decided on the Brushless Hobbies one after talking to stan via E-mail. He's been great so far. E-mails me back right away. I grew up in Oklahoma City, which is where his shop is. My ESC should be here tomorrow, hopefully. I'll give it a shot. If not, I'll just suck it up and buy a Tekin or something from my LHS. I always wind up spending a lot more money when I try to save a few bucks. You think I'd learn by now.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
Well, I wish I had seen that before. I decided on the Brushless Hobbies one after talking to stan via E-mail. He's been great so far. E-mails me back right away. I grew up in Oklahoma City, which is where his shop is. My ESC should be here tomorrow, hopefully. I'll give it a shot. If not, I'll just suck it up and buy a Tekin or something from my LHS. I always wind up spending a lot more money when I try to save a few bucks. You think I'd learn by now.
Don't be too hard on yourself, we all do it from time to time, we make errors and learn to make more informed choices from them.

Hopefully the Brushless Hobbies one will work out for you. If not the Tekin although more expensive is a solid and reliable esc, and has great support in the US.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

I got my Brushless Hobbies ESC installed. It works great! I haven't had any problems at all. Of course, I haven't had a chance to really open it up, but it's super easy to program. I don't have the cogging issue anymore either now that I have a sensored ESC in there. Friday night is my first TC race. It will be the true test for this ESC.