Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody got experience with the HiTec Lynx 3D FM w/Spectra module

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 06:22 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, the 3D is pretty well bananced i feel..

If you get the 3D w/ the Spectra, it does come with NiCad's & a charger. It is just a wall charger, but it gets the job done.

I know i'm silly... But if i don't have a reason to buy it... I will get something else.. most likely non-rc.. Now how could i let myself do that?

I'm looking into getting a comm lathe soon too...... Hmm.. *looks at wallet* ... Uhm... maybe Christmas ...lol
Old 09-27-2001, 06:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

TSR6: All I use for my current futaba radio pack is a wall charger. Yeah, I guess I could make an adapter that will let me charge the pack with my Tekin charge since it can go down to .5amps. But the wall charger works fine and gets the job done in a few hours. Or I just leave my radio plugged up while I'm in the pits at the track. Either way, it does the job.
Old 09-27-2001, 06:57 PM
RCTech Member #2

I accually broke my wall charger.... IT just happens to go something along the lines of something hanging out of my car going 65+ mph.... i kept hearing a clicking... and almost pulled over.... but yeah... i didn't... the one cord got chewed bad... but the one for the radio itself accually works still ( the RX pack jack is messed up pretty bad ) I plan on cutting the leads off and just using my PitBull to charge my radio from now on...
Old 09-27-2001, 08:05 PM
Regional Moderator

TSR6: Uhhh, thats not good....... At least you still have someway to charge it.
Old 09-28-2001, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

will the spectra module work on a futaba 3PJ PCM?
Old 09-29-2001, 06:08 AM
Regional Moderator

I think someone mentioned that bellow, but there was no one that could comfirm that it could.
Old 10-01-2001, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Yes you can use a spectra with a 3 pjs

Darkside,

There are at least a dozen racers here in MN that use the spectra on the Futabua 3 PJS PCM. I own a LYNX 3d and have ahad no real issues with the radio.
Later
SWG
Old 10-01-2001, 08:40 AM
Regional Moderator

simulatedwood: Thanks for the info. But, again I state that this doesn't effect me. I have a Futaba 3PDF not the 3PJ.

I think it was marvi who was interested in that question.

Personally, I think the other radio companies, including Futaba, are lagging behind. Once people start to see others getting by without crystals, they'll demand the same from the big three. Futaba, Airstronics(Sanwa), and KOPropo.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default Opps, My Bad!

Sorry about that darkside,
I guess the question was answered for Marvi!
LOL, I need to quit "glancing" at posts
Old 10-01-2001, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the info i currently have a 27mhz module on my 3PJ and i plan to sell it along with some of my PCM receivers. im running electric now so i dont need PCM. i was looking at the hitec spectra module and the novak receiver to be used on my 3PJ.
Old 10-02-2001, 02:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Marvi: maybe you should hold off on selling your current module until you have the spectra and can be sure it works!

That is unless you've witnessed the 3PJ and spectra module working together in person.
Old 10-02-2001, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Mr. Mayberry of Hitec was caught once saying on another forum about the 3PJ and Spectra module, "They are the same size and I'm not saying it won't work...."
Old 10-02-2001, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

thanks! well i guess im gonna have to rely on you people on the board because no one else on our track has the spectra. anyway, im just thinking of selling the module and receivers because they are still in very good condition. i would really lose a lot because of depreciation.
Old 10-03-2001, 04:53 AM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Mr. Mayberry of Hitec was caught once saying on another forum about the 3PJ and Spectra module, "They are the same size and I'm not saying it won't work...."
If you have someones spectra that you can borrow before you pay $90 ( ? ) for it, then yeah sure, experiment, then buy if it works. I am interested to see if it works just due to the fact that i have been asked the Q? before at my LHS.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default LOL Funny Guys,

Hey it is me again,

Marvi, I know it works because one of the guys at the track had to borrow my spectra after forgetting his radio crystals at home for his 3PJS. If you are in doubt ask the Hitec guys. Hitec and Futaba recievers are interchangeable too. The only hitch there is if you you have a dual conversion reciever you have to use dual conversion crystals.
At twincityhobby.com racetrack i would say there are at least ten people right now that have been using the Novak reciever and 3PJS w spectra for a month now with glitch free operation and no crystals. Btw: The discovery of spectra working in a 3PJ was complete accident by one the racers here. Go figure:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.