Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TC6 rear whips around on right turns - fix how? >

TC6 rear whips around on right turns - fix how?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC6 rear whips around on right turns - fix how?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's my guess. If what you say is true that you haven't crashed, I'd look at tires (rear specifically) and shocks. Both these things can change during normal driving and result in changes in the car's dynamics. Tires wear and shocks can spring a leak or pistons can break . Everything wears out though, so it could be anyone's guess.

It could even be you . I've seen people drive like they fish. Maybe on right-hand turns, you "set the hook" when you get on the gas and it either changes your steering hand position or your motion is so violent that you inadvertently and unknowingly slam your radio against your own chest, or the face of the driver next to you !. That, sir, I cannot help you with and I'm truly sorry if that ends up being the problem ...ok I'm starting to sound like that Jay guy now that has been posting random nonsense about setup lately. Getting back to reality, I generally think what the other's have posted makes sense and it may be wise to start there.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
10 hours... Your not rebuilding a space ship tiger....
hmmm... could be a space ship like that other guy...
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you want to breakdown and rebuild carefully, with breaks/lunch in between, plus phone use, etc..., it will take most of the day...... You can't keep doing that everytime something's wrong with your car ! Got it Lu...
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Last edited by Luke Hobson; 11-08-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Decided I was being harsh.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

I think you should check your drive train, remove pinion and spin the wheels or pull the belt in the straight forward position, then turn your front wheels to full lock and do the same test, this wil check your CVD's or DCJ's which ever you have in the car, they could be binding up in a specific direction, even a worn diff outdrive front or back can cause this

next i would chech the bearings, make sure droop is even and then the shocks and if all that is ok, then maybe the rear diff and make sure you dont have a stripped gear on one side (not the small planetary gears)

report back on your findings
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Changing Bearings + reglue tires = 1 hour
Rebuild the car = 10 hours
9 hours of practice = priceless !!!!!
First build of the car, including tapping the holes in the plastics, getting grease out of the new bearings, sanding and sealing the chassis, etc took 5 hours. The chassis prep alone was an hour and a half of that. There is no reason a TC should take 10 hours, and if you need to take that many breaks, then your 9 hours of practice probably involves about 15 min of track time...

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
10 hours... Your not rebuilding a space ship tiger....
I lol'd!

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
If you want to breakdown and rebuild carefully, with breaks/lunch in between, plus phone use, etc..., it will take most of the day...... You can't keep doing that everytime something's wrong with your car ! Got it Lu...
No, but if he tries the obvious things and they don't fix it, then that is the next step. It is good practice, and you almost always find something else that needs attention. Regular maintenance involves full rebuilds of the car.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Sounds like a shock isn't built right, or there is some binding in the suspension.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe he should switch to a shaft car: no rebuilds necessary there !!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by locked; 11-08-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: didn't like how I sounded
Old 11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Assuming your tyres are OK I would check the drive train first starting with rear diff, uj's bearings and blades, check that the hubs aren't fouling the inside of the wheel and rear toe is equal. Also look for a loose ball stud in the steering ass or loose screw in the wishbone hangers

Bb
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Just another possibility. Guy at the track lost a CV axle pin on the front last night. Car went from fine to spinning just like you describe.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I drove his car at the track and it was being really Off. I have is mostly apart just to clean it and make sure it's not tweaked and I think i found the problem. One tire (Left rear) was half unglued. Looked normal until I had it in my hand and put side pressure on it with my thumb and just about half of the rubber came off the rim

lol

funny how suck little things can really mess up a cars handling.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Smile

You got it jay ! So much for rebuilding the whole car ! Wow, some should stop giving advice.....lol.....
Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdeadman
I drove his car at the track and it was being really Off. I have is mostly apart just to clean it and make sure it's not tweaked and I think i found the problem. One tire (Left rear) was half unglued. Looked normal until I had it in my hand and put side pressure on it with my thumb and just about half of the rubber came off the rim

lol

funny how suck little things can really mess up a cars handling.
Uhh, mentioned that to him on the TC6 thread days ago...

Funny how the most obvious cause is so easily ignored.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Just another possibility. Guy at the track lost a CV axle pin on the front last night. Car went from fine to spinning just like you describe.
Totally different. My car whipped around on left turns ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.