R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   '57 Chevy ??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/676423-57-chevy.html)

Matrix329 11-07-2012 09:57 AM

'57 Chevy ???

Hi, I have a question. This last weekend I picked up a RC '57 Chevy at a yard sale ($5.00). No controller, battery pack or charger. I took it apart to see if there was any name on it... nothing. Its black with flame stickers, blacked out windows, blower and scoop coming up through hood, and a speaker for engine sound. Its wheelbase is 9 1/16 in.(about 232 mm). The body is about 17 inches long(about 432 mm). It looks like it takes 8 AA batteries but also has a wiring harness for a battery pack. Soft rubber tires and an ugly wire bumper extended out front to protect against heavier crashes. Does anyone know what brand this is ??? I hope someone can identify this car. Thanks, Matrix329

jsinclair 11-07-2012 12:52 PM

Your probably not going to find any answers here, the rc cars discussed and owned by people are anything but "toy grade" . Most are expensive carbon fiber and aluminum race cars, with hundreds and hundreds of dollars invested just to get them around the track

Good luck

mkiiina 11-07-2012 02:09 PM

Once you mentioned "speaker for engine noises" that puts it into the toy category. Sorry man.

GasGod 11-07-2012 06:37 PM

Tyco-57 chevy

John Warner 11-07-2012 06:45 PM

I believe they were sold at Radio Shack.

Matrix329 11-07-2012 06:47 PM

Sorry Man

I build models for a hobby and thought I would expand to something a bit more active. But, Since I can't see myself becoming a snobish sphincter, I think I will stick with my models.

outlandr91 11-07-2012 06:54 PM

Ohhhhh-kay

jsinclair 11-07-2012 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Matrix329 (Post 11417068)
I build models for a hobby and thought I would expand to something a bit more active. But, Since I can't see myself becoming a snobish sphincter, I think I will stick with my models.

Wasn't trying to be anything, just simply saying that this forum isn't a wealth of toy grade rc information. But since I've been accused of being an ass. Go sniff some more glue.

orcadigital 11-08-2012 05:27 AM

Not everyone acts this way here. There is definitely a difference between toy grade and hobby grade, but that does not mean each does not have their place. My first RC car was a toy grade Porsche with a wire connecting the controller to the car. It went forward and backwards/right and that was it. Now, 25+ years later, I have no less then 10 RC cars with as much carbon fiber and aluminum as you can find. Anything that gets people into the hobby should be encouraged. Some people miss that point.

Ignore the haters and enjoy what you enjoy.

jayman24 11-08-2012 07:47 AM

That comment made my day, funniest thing I've heard all week.

Bro, If you want something with a classic look that wont break the bank, get a bolink legends car. I think they are RJ speed now. I have one I play with, and my son loves it.

We werent trying to be mean, just pointing out that you wont get much info for that type of car here. I have quite a few of the old tyco cars, just to have them. The turbo hopper buggy was pretty cool, by far one of my favorites.

oreo 11-08-2012 08:05 AM

...a static model can add just the right dimension .....

.....[ or a cool aspect of being able to remotely control your model car ] to a collection of static models. Scale monster truck drivers tend to do just that.Good luck and just have fun. :tire:

-Dutch- 11-08-2012 03:37 PM

Does it look like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parts-Not-Fu...p2047675.l2557

Originally Posted by Matrix329 (Post 11415232)
Hi, I have a question. This last weekend I picked up a RC '57 Chevy at a yard sale ($5.00). No controller, battery pack or charger. I took it apart to see if there was any name on it... nothing. Its black with flame stickers, blacked out windows, blower and scoop coming up through hood, and a speaker for engine sound. Its wheelbase is 9 1/16 in.(about 232 mm). The body is about 17 inches long(about 432 mm). It looks like it takes 8 AA batteries but also has a wiring harness for a battery pack. Soft rubber tires and an ugly wire bumper extended out front to protect against heavier crashes. Does anyone know what brand this is ??? I hope someone can identify this car. Thanks, Matrix329

DARKSIDE 11-08-2012 04:47 PM

some ppl shouldnt say nothing...if you are not going help, go type somewhere else..geez

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13524218868594

and thats seems dead on..

-Dutch- 11-08-2012 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 11420461)
some ppl shouldnt say nothing...if you are not going help, go type somewhere else..geez

- DITTO -

Should use a 27mHz radio.

Couldn't find a name for the ebay one (either).

Maybe if you take it apart you might find some mfg casting info in hard to see places.

x_doug_x 05-14-2017 06:32 AM

I know this is an old thread, but if for some chance o/p still has car it's a shinsei 57 chevy made in the late 80s. If it were still available which I doubt, i'd be interested in buying it.