Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteman View Post
Doesn't it come with threaded shocks?
Or are you just talking replacements.

Haven't checked stock as im writing this but NitroHouse has treated me very well with Ofna 1/8 onroad parts support.
They have fronts in stock, rear bodies are backorder.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Front-Shock-Body_p_15024.html
The rtr comes with non threaded shocks and non ti coated shafts. I was looking and it looks like you cant just do a shock body swap you need the whole F/R shock kits because the pro shocks have threaded caps to hold the orings in and the rtr has the e clip style, the shock bodies dont come with the lower oring caps. the prices of those shock kits are rediculouse compared to the competition. Another thing thats rediculouse is $60 for rear cvd's compared to the competion of course.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
I was unable to locate the gears on ofnawharehouse. Might be because im on my Note2 not sure.
It might not be on there as of yet, since I was so giddy on posting this but you can get it through Nitrohouse, if they sound a little weird when you ask about it , just let them know Dj posted it on RCT. and give them the part number they will check in the Dub-house.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
The rtr comes with non threaded shocks and non ti coated shafts. I was looking and it looks like you cant just do a shock body swap you need the whole F/R shock kits because the pro shocks have threaded caps to hold the orings in and the rtr has the e clip style, the shock bodies dont come with the lower oring caps. the prices of those shock kits are rediculouse compared to the competition. Another thing thats rediculouse is $60 for rear cvd's compared to the competion of course.
sorry about that, didn't realize they were selling an RTR now. the kit at $500 turned me away from this one.

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Monteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteman View Post
sorry about that, didn't realize they were selling an RTR now. the kit at $500 turned me away from this one.
LHS by my house sells RTR for $350 , I thought it was same as the roller kit also till my friend pointed out the roller is race ready where as the rtr doesnt come with the shocks ,and cvd's and whatever else i dont know lol . when it first came out I thought it was too expensive and when I seen the rtr version I was gonna get it till I found it its not the same as the roller that sells for $500
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

looks like the underequipped rtr version loaded with margnal product is their attempt at justifying the $500 kit price with all the goodies.

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Monteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #51
Tech Elite

The rtr is still a cool kit and a decent value, depends on what your looking for. The car comes with everything the gtp2e ultra has except threaded shock bodies. The shock do work good enough, I just like threaded collars. Also this car has a longer chassis and rear defuser, front cvds and a motor and esc you could sell. Depends on what your looking for. Ive been enjoying mine! $340 shipped from tower.

But... $60 for 2 rear cvds and $120 for 4 upgraded shocks and another $70 for center cvds is really lame. I certainly hope these price come down because these prices are a joke. Sincerly. Luckily im just going to shoot for 100mph with this car after i gut it, so im sure I'll be crashing the hell out of it so why put more money into it. I'll save my gtp2e for the track, it drove great last summer.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #52
C@T
Tech Adept

Quote:
The rtr is still a cool kit and a decent value, depends on what your looking for. The car comes with everything the gtp2e ultra has except threaded shock bodies. The shock do work good enough, I just like threaded collars. Also this car has a longer chassis and rear defuser, front cvds and a motor and esc you could sell. Depends on what your looking for. Ive been enjoying mine! $340 shipped from tower.

But... $60 for 2 rear cvds and $120 for 4 upgraded shocks and another $70 for center cvds is really lame. I certainly hope these price come down because these prices are a joke. Sincerly. Luckily im just going to shoot for 100mph with this car after i gut it, so im sure I'll be crashing the hell out of it so why put more money into it. I'll save my gtp2e for the track, it drove great last summer.
There is a lot more parts different in the RTR kit such as cheeper lower quility outdrives an center driveshafts and so on. You are totally right that it does not make any sense pricewise to upgrade them. You will for shure end up with a much higher pricetag compared with the kit car even having to buy the ESC and the motor as an an extra.

Do you think you will be able to go 100 mph with the RTRīs motor and ESC ?
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@T View Post
There is a lot more parts different in the RTR kit such as cheeper lower quility outdrives an center driveshafts and so on. You are totally right that it does not make any sense pricewise to upgrade them. You will for shure end up with a much higher pricetag compared with the kit car even having to buy the ESC and the motor as an an extra.

Do you think you will be able to go 100 mph with the RTRīs motor and ESC ?
No, not even close! I putting the good stuff in friday.

Rtr on radar on 4s. In case you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q4U...e_gdata_player
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #54
Tech Elite

I gutted the car today and installed a 2650kv tork and mamba monster 20t pinion was as big as I could get in there. 25t was to large. Those are the two options I had on hand in that size range. I mounted up some sweep wheels with some ofna belted tires and it looks like they will rub the rod end at full turn. The stock wheels are a little larger dia but the tires suck for decent traction. I'll mostly be going straight so it doesn't bother me much. It's small things like this that are starting to bother me about the car.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Lets just say I wanted to run this car on a track what wheel options would I have since sweep wheels rub near full lock. Gt2 or xo-1 wheels and tires are all that I can think of.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
Lets just say I wanted to run this car on a track what wheel options would I have since sweep wheels rub near full lock. Gt2 or xo-1 wheels and tires are all that I can think of.

get some GRP's $44/set or ALpha slicks$50/set either in soft or ultra soft for the track , id use the grps to for high speed runs also , get the RCMonster.com custom spur gear mod$30 and you can run smaller spurs and maybe even a 34t pinion
the tires you can get at brucknerhobbies.com and if you spend over $50 its free shipping , and those guys ship priorty mail so you have them couple days after ordering
Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
get some GRP's $44/set or ALpha slicks$50/set either in soft or ultra soft for the track , id use the grps to for high speed runs also , get the RCMonster.com custom spur gear mod$30 and you can run smaller spurs and maybe even a 34t pinion
the tires you can get at brucknerhobbies.com and if you spend over $50 its free shipping , and those guys ship priorty mail so you have them couple days after ordering
Are those wheels you mentioned the correct size? Gt2 sized?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #58
Tech Adept

yea , personally havnt gotten to run the alphas on a track but i have them and if weather permits ill get to try them at track in about 12 hrs , but the grps might be best bang for buck just that the rims arnt the prettiest but tires grip on the the track and even on street . guy who did 140 in his ofna speed car run them so thats good enough for me for street , another member here who runs this gt2ve with i believe grps his car runs great with them like its on rails around the corners , my buddy ran some pmt tires last week his car was dippin on the track also
Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #59
Tech Elite

I'm going to order the high speed diffs tomorrow. I'm hoping the weather will be decent this weekend so I can get a 6s pass on the 2650kv MMM with the current diffs and 20t pinion just to see where I'm at. I need to reinforce the front bumper/hood area before I go much faster. The stock body is pretty flexy in that area. With this configuration on 4s its way faster. My current goal is 100mph.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #60
Tech Elite

My GT-V2e High Speed diff gears came in. Tearing into it tonight. Weather has been kinda lame and windy so I might not be able to run it until next weekend. stay tuned! $86 shipped from the guys @ nitrohouse.