R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #571
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
I just ordered a 29t and a 34t 5mm bore pinions. Currently running 25/34, baby stepping my way up. With less kv I'm going to need more gear.
Roll, Point and Pin!!!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #572
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhaber View Post
Well i tried to make it as simple as possible.Works well on the bench, still need road trial.
Does it allow down travel?
Old 08-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #573
Tech Elite

Quote:
My mistake that is the total correct?
Yes, correct 3.20 ratio, less tires.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #574
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

I am back!! seems like there are some users that still want to talk about the OFNA GTV2 chassis so I did some research on front geometry and came up with this FF pivot block that gives you anti-dive and dynamic caster at the same time. what this relates to is that the car gets more forward traction and under decel eliminates weight transfer so the rear doesnt get unstable under braking! under acceleration the car "stiffens" up much like anti squat does in the rear!

What are you OFNA guys doing for rear toe and antisquat? I drew up a 1* toe block but i have concerns about the rear slop which is inevitable with RC cars. By nature the rear tires tend to "toe out" under acceleration so if i make a toe block for 0 or even 1* the car will probably be really unstable.

CK i tried to get it done before your order went out but i figured you wanted your stuff ASAP!!

I am also working on a contingency program for you speed freaks!!
the RCShox arm braces work wonders at high speeds on the track so will be great for high speed runs and they are aerodynamically better for the underbody since they are flat.
RCSHox 2 stage pistons offer superb stability for rough roads.
RCShox steel shielded bearings are just faster than any rubber sealed bearings
RCShox FFpivot "speed" block coming soon
and RCShox FR toe "speed"block coming soon once we figure out what optimal toe and Antisquat is!

Gimme a couple of days and what i will probably do is give you guys a code to enter in when you order and i will throw some test parts in with your order to give me feedback on, once again thanx for your support and all of your PM's. I could possibly have a line on some dedicated high speed bodies but not sure if i can close the deal or not at the very least i may be able to swing a few samples!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 08-21-2013 at 05:12 PM.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #575
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Does it allow down travel?
Yes it does,the shaft is stepped.The first 1/2"slides in and out the bushed turnbuckle,the larger upper portion of the shaft is the stop.The top its threaded and adjustable.I will drop the suspension down and take another photo.Chris
Old 08-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #576
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I am back!! seems like there are some users that still want to talk about the OFNA GTV2 chassis so I did some research on front geometry and came up with this FF pivot block that gives you anti-dive and dynamic caster at the same time. what this relates to is that the car gets more forward traction and under decel eliminates weight transfer so the rear doesnt get unstable under braking! under acceleration the car "stiffens" up much like anti squat does in the rear!

What are you OFNA guys doing for rear toe and antisquat? I drew up a 1* toe block but i have concerns about the rear slop which is inevitable with RC cars. By nature the rear tires tend to "toe out" under acceleration so if i make a toe block for 0 or even 1* the car will probably be really unstable.

CK i tried to get it done before your order went out but i figured you wanted your stuff ASAP!!

I am also working on a contingency program for you speed freaks!!
the RCShox arm braces work wonders at high speeds on the track so will be great for high speed runs and they are aerodynamically better for the underbody since they are flat.
RCSHox 2 stage pistons offer superb stability for rough roads.
RCShox steel shielded bearings are just faster than any rubber sealed bearings
RCShox FFpivot "speed" block coming soon
and RCShox FR toe "speed"block coming soon once we figure out what optimal toe and Antisquat is!

Gimme a couple of days and what i will probably do is give you guys a code to enter in when you order and i will throw some test parts in with your order to give me feedback on, once again thanx for your support and all of your PM's. I could possibly have a line on some dedicated high speed bodies but not sure if i can close the deal or not at the very least i may be able to swing a few samples!
YES PLEASE! I really admire your inovation and creativity! I want these speed blocks bad! I'm almost to the point af making my own rear toe blocks, the Gt-v2e has way to much toe for speed runs. Anymore I'd rather buy something than make it though when it comes to rc. To busy.

Last edited by Jstall7543; 08-22-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Jstall7543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #577
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well i tried to make it as simple as possible.Works well on the bench, still need road trial.
I just put clip on washers on the shock shafts above the lower spring perch, some people use nitro fuel tubing others use orings like a bump stop. I've used all of these methods for my indoor clay rigs. This is pretty innovative but at the expense of the sway bar. Sway bar probably doesn't do much with the limited travel we use anyway, I haven't really looked into it. Mod looks cool though, let us know how it works! This car is really taking off, I was really worried for a while!

You guys all ROCK!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #578
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes it does,the shaft is stepped.The first 1/2"slides in and out the bushed turnbuckle,the larger upper portion of the shaft is the stop.The top its threaded and adjustable.I will drop the suspension down and take another photo.Chris
That's very nice, it looked like there is some brass material on the shaft.
Very good idea Chris!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #579
Tech Elite

Quote:
I just put clip on washers on the shock shafts above the lower spring perch, some people use nitro fuel tubing others use orings like a bump stop. I've used all of these methods for my indoor clay rigs. This is pretty innovative but at the expense of the sway bar. Sway bar probably doesn't do much with the limited travel we use anyway, I haven't really looked into it. Mod looks cool though, let us know how it works! This car is really taking off, I was really worried for a while!

You guys all ROCK!
I had heard about the fuel tubing too.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #580
Tech Elite

So, with a 3.20 final drive, what gearing options are we talking about for 125mph?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #581
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

You guys all ROCK!
Hi J,i purposely avoided touching the shocks,for me its much easier to adjust or remove etc.When i install the A-arm braces it will have a good solid stop.So far so good.

Do you think i will have any adverse effect removing the sway bar?Do i really need them for straight runs?I would like to remove them anyways if not needed.Chris
Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #582
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
That's very nice, it looked like there is some brass material on the shaft.
Very good idea Chris!
The brass insert is pressed into the turn buckle, better clearance for the shaft to slide in and out.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #583
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up OFNA GTV2 chassis upgrades

Thanks Marcus, looking forward to those braces.Will be on the look out for other items of interest, good excuse for getting another chassis.Cheers Chris
Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #584
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi J,i purposely avoided touching the shocks,for me its much easier to adjust or remove etc.When i install the A-arm braces it will have a good solid stop.So far so good.

Do you think i will have any adverse effect removing the sway bar?Do i really need them for straight runs?I would like to remove them anyways if not needed.Chris
I'm not sure it will matter, front end only has about 1/2 of travel anyway with the droop I'm running. You'll know right away if you need to turn lol. Test it out and see what you think. I think it will work out for speed runs.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #585
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I'm not sure it will matter, front end only has about 1/2 of travel anyway with the droop I'm running. You'll know right away if you need to turn lol. Test it out and see what you think. I think it will work out for speed runs.
Thanks for the input J, droop, anti squat, sway bar, i know in theory what they do, but setting a car up using these options is not something i have experience with.Hope i will be fine with my present set up.Chris

Last edited by ckhaber; 08-23-2013 at 02:32 PM.
ckhaber is offline   Reply With Quote