R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #511
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

To everyone that is parting i wish you well.There's a wealth of knowledge on the Team c thread and i follow it.I started with cars a couple years ago, a nitro 4-tec that i converted to electric.Living in a rural area and being a solo enthusiast it naturally led me to speed...not that kind!I will be retiring in a few years and have been involved in the RC Hobby for over 40 years which brings me to something i heard many times through the years."Life is to short."Peace, love and all that Jazz.Chris.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #512
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry guys my email went down on my phone for 2 days for some reason. What did I miss? Sounds like all hell broke loose!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #513
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
So, Jstall7543, refresh me on the average number of cells that you guys use in your high-speed runs? I have several 4s packs that are 5000mah at around 35C to 40C. Will I need to run a pack with higher C-ratings than what I am currently use to?
On a car that's geared to hit around 100mph a 4s 35 to 40c is ok for 1 or 2 runs but I would reccomend something better asap. If your talking about a 8s setup im sure those batteries would be ok for 3-4 runs. Get some fans on the motor and check if your esc fan comes on after every run. If it does then let the fan run till it stops if its esc controlled. If you notice any stutter in acceleration the shut it down, this is what happens before thermal every time. Then do a quick run and let it cool again. I'm no expert, I've only got about 12 total runs, still a newb. To me the biggest thing is getting to the point where 100mph pass feels slow and boring.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #514
Tech Elite

I'm the guy that started all the speed run chat in this thread, I bought a Gt-V2e so I came here to talk about it and everything related to it and nothing has changed. If your not interested in speed runs feel free to discuss anything related to the car, that's why we come here. This isn't the official Gt-V2e thread, go there if you don't like it here or we will help you here it's up to you. I've been into everything rc since 95 so I have a lot of experience with off road track indoor clay, on road track, rock crawling, bashing etc...what ever I'm into it.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #515
Tech Rookie

Run the highest c rated batteries you can find.
johnracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #516
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
Sorry guys my email went down on my phone for 2 days for some reason. What did I miss? Sounds like all hell broke loose!
Typical rctech hater dealer stuff.

They see people happily using products they don’t sell, it upsets them and they try to minimize their proven attributes by stating that the products being enjoyed are just good.

Trying to promote their stuff as somehow being a possibly better or faster option that people should be using instead; with zero actual facts or proof to back up any of their claims for their own financial gain.

Disrespecting members of the international GT top speed community, their incredible accomplishments, knowledge and experience, while attempting to belittle top speed racing as somehow less fun or less demanding than track racing.

Claims of not doing anything wrong, after being called out for it all and threats of retaliation for shedding light upon their intentions/actions. The list goes on and on……

Anyway, this ain’t my first rodeo with that ugly element of the R/C industry, don’t sweat it.

Just keep an eye on your mailbox for accomplishing your original goal of reaching 100 mph with your Ofna GT V2e, your prize is on the way!

Take care!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #517
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnracerx View Post
Run the highest c rated batteries you can find.
What can you suggest from your experience on 6s?
I think that's where I'll be starting from.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #518
Tech Elite

Thank's Jspeed! I cant wait to get it! I just ordered some paint last night and my vinyl mask should be getting cut as we speak! I had a few custom made stickers/masks made that I think you will like! I need a plotter/vinyl cutter as custom cut vinyl prices are rediculouse. Probably be a few weeks to get everything together and painted but im pretty happy with the idea's I have for it. I need to pick up a airbrush setup soon. I just bought a new compressor for my shop a couple weeks ago so I'm good there.

Anyone have any idea what the highest speed record for 1/8 Gt class is? What's the highest speed you have seen?
Old 08-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #519
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstall7543 View Post
Thank's Jspeed! I cant wait to get it! I just ordered some paint last night and my vinyl mask should be getting cut as we speak! I had a few custom made stickers/masks made that I think you will like! I need a plotter/vinyl cutter as custom cut vinyl prices are rediculouse. Probably be a few weeks to get everything together and painted but im pretty happy with the idea's I have for it. I need to pick up a airbrush setup soon. I just bought a new compressor for my shop a couple weeks ago so I'm good there.

Anyone have any idea what the highest speed record for 1/8 Gt class is? What's the highest speed you have seen?
Its all good, hope you enjoy it all, congrats again!

For 1/8 GT class (nitro track cars) maybe about 65 mph on the Homestead/Miami track, on about a 300' long straightaway. On2On4's top-speed run nitro from Orlando was in the hi-70's, if I remember correctly.

GT Brushless...... I'm still in the learning stages, but the fastest I've seen on Youtube yet is Johnracerx's 146 mph run.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #520
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Im gonna ask this here as well since the GTV-2e has the same stockers.

Has anyone found a 1 piece foam for the stock Ofna Wheels and tires?
I despise that 2 part foam to the point where i think i have about 5 or 6 sets complete and unused. Would love to find a foam that works.

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Monteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #521
Tech Apprentice

Default Mistakes, mistakes,

Been waiting,Kershaw Designs sent me a 40t 8mm, i ordered a 34 t-p.No phone # and my email not getting through.WTH, plus its raining.At least its Friday.Lol

Last edited by ckhaber; 08-19-2013 at 12:59 PM.
ckhaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #522
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
So, Jstall7543, refresh me on the average number of cells that you guys use in your high-speed runs? I have several 4s packs that are 5000mah at around 35C to 40C. Will I need to run a pack with higher C-ratings than what I am currently use to?
i ran 6s 4000mah 150c max amps on my dm1 geared at 34/34 hope this help
ssjoseph23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #523
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteman View Post
Im gonna ask this here as well since the GTV-2e has the same stockers.

Has anyone found a 1 piece foam for the stock Ofna Wheels and tires?
I despise that 2 part foam to the point where i think i have about 5 or 6 sets complete and unused. Would love to find a foam that works.
The team c tires I had purchased from rc boys came with a nice one piece foam , and resembled the type of foam that the bumpers are made out of not the spongy type that came in the stock ofna tires

But good luck finding those team c sets of tires anywhere , they were worth the $10 for the pair but not for anytypemof racing I actually have a set still if I can locate and take pic for you
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #524
Tech Apprentice

Hey John, what do think about me using my 40t as my pinion.Think my castle will hold up.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #525
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
The team c tires I had purchased from rc boys came with a nice one piece foam , and resembled the type of foam that the bumpers are made out of not the spongy type that came in the stock ofna tires

But good luck finding those team c sets of tires anywhere , they were worth the $10 for the pair but not for anytypemof racing I actually have a set still if I can locate and take pic for you
That would be cool, i found the Sweep Racing SGTLSSv2 inserts that for $7.99 i would love to try but they want $29 to ship 1 freaking pair to Canada. And i dont even know if they will work.

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Monteman is offline   Reply With Quote