Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT >

OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT

OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT

Old 08-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mantis those bodies are looking really cool! You have a YouTube channel? You should do a nitro speed run to compare your bodies to each other see whats fastest. I bet with the 2 speed you could get it up there pretty good!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ckhaber
Thanks Jstall for your vision.That fender cut changes the whole look of the car.Looks fast,very fast.That's what i'm hoping for tomorrow.I put in a 34t-p mated with a 36t-s.Some modifications needed on the motor mount, she's all done.I'm nervous just looking at her sitting on the bench, you can't help seeing those two imposing gears in there.This is a big step forward and my adrenaline is on high alert.Godspeed.
Chris, Your already super fast and your car looked perfect going down the road! That location looks pretty good compared to the places I've found. Body looks really cool! Fingers crossed for you sir I can't wait to witness this on video!

Hey I'm curious your running two 6 cells for 6s? How much do each of those weigh? Each one of my SMC 3s 6500 70c/140c burst lipo's weigh 459gr each. That reminds me SMC lipo's Have bad @$$ affordable lipo's and a very strong presence on RcTech If anyone is looking for lipo's check them out, their new batteries are excellent quality these days.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Look at this cropped screen shot from the crash, I'm not sure whats going on with that. Kinda blurry but very odd. The car did drive away from this but by looking at that it makes you wonder how lol.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

This is my SC8Be, I figure what could be better than a warrior body on my basher lol!
OFF ROAD WARRIOR!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
This is my SC8Be, I figure what could be better than a warrior body on my basher lol!
OFF ROAD WARRIOR!

+1

Kind of looks like something that would be in one of the Road Warrior movies!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Chris, Your already super fast and your car looked perfect going down the road! That location looks pretty good compared to the places I've found. Body looks really cool! Fingers crossed for you sir I can't wait to witness this on video!

Hey I'm curious your running two 6 cells for 6s? How much do each of those weigh? Each one of my SMC 3s 6500 70c/140c burst lipo's weigh 459gr each. That reminds me SMC lipo's Have bad @$$ affordable lipo's and a very strong presence on RcTech If anyone is looking for lipo's check them out, their new batteries are excellent quality these days.
Thanks for the compliments Jstall.Yes lucky to have this place. Port Alberni,BC.Vancouver Island,small community, big dreams with a regional airport that see's no use except for the glider school.Parallel to the road i run on is the runway, long enough for a 737.Mid Aug.the runway hosts a large drag race event.Maybe i should register and run the gtv, give some of those real cars a run for their money,Lol.My Bats,6s, 2700@450g each.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Look at this cropped screen shot from the crash, I'm not sure whats going on with that. Kinda blurry but very odd. The car did drive away from this but by looking at that it makes you wonder how lol.

When i first received my car i removed the spacers on all the shocks, lowering the chassis.What a mistake, the car pulled hard to the left every time i got on it.I was not sure why my car was doing this and it was destined for the shelf.With a bit of searching on the Internet i found that i may have changed the caster in doing so.Sure enough i put the spacers back in and she handled well again.I continue to run with the stock ride height except the back end is raised slightly.Keep in mind that she's very sensitive to caster adjustments, going back to the stock setup is a good place to start if you have an ill handling car.Chris
Old 08-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

+1

It always seems best to make suspension changes one at a time when "dialing-in" a car, that way you can know exactly if it's heading in the right direction or not. I can't tell you how many times I've changed 2 or 3 things at the same time before a race and ended up with an evil handling car, only to go back to the previous set-up. I guess most of us are guilty of doing it too.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Originally Posted by Jspeed
+1

It always seems best to make suspension changes one at a time when "dialing-in" a car, that way you can know exactly if it's heading in the right direction or not. I can't tell you how many times I've changed 2 or 3 things at the same time before a race and ended up with an evil handling car, only to go back to the previous set-up. I guess most of us are guilty of doing it too.
That's for sure.Well an hour till lift off, hope to post a new personal best.See ya Chris
Old 08-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well success, personal best 118mph.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj1cvYzzem0‎
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Congratulations Chris thats a really good run! I ordered jato links today.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Congratulations Chris thats a really good run! I ordered jato links today.
Thank you, tracked straight as an arrow.Going to try next weekend, there's a little more left in her,120 is my goal, then onto an 8s setup.Good you will be happy with those turn buckles.Tightening your car up is a good thing.Chris.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Awesome Chris, congrats of your new run!
Your car looks like its running straight as an arrow down the road.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Were you able to feel any difference after trimming the rear section of the quarter panels of the Warrior body out?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Were you able to feel any difference after trimming the rear section of the quarter panels of the Warrior body out?

Thank you, yes i'm happy with the last pass, that was the 118mph run.
You know it's strange, at that speed if you feel something then somethings wrong.If you don't feel anything it gives you confidence in the car.If that makes sense.Chris.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Yes, it does.
Smooth is fast!
Congrats again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.