R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sad thing is with this new model, is it has everything i wish the GTP2e had. Split battery tray, easier access to pinion/mesh settings.
If i was a racer i think i would have bought it already, but considering right now all i do is parking lot and street bash my GTP2e i cant justify the $500

I would really like to know WHERE that extra $300 is hiding in this car.
When i first saw this i figured for the roller kit like this it would have been $300 and not $300 more than the GTP2e.

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Monteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #17
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-one View Post
Dan out of curiosity why over the gt2?
The GT2 is practically based on a 13 year old design. The stock hinge pins are crap and need replacing, Granted the Team C car is in a different price bracket, but it really needs nothing out of the box. The Inferno will need quite a few upgrades.

I run the Kyosho because I picked up a good deal on a roller and am doing a 4 stroke conversion.

Too bad nobody runs this class around here, I'd liek to pick up the Team C car.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

Design wise it appears to be very close in design to the serpent. That pro roller pretty much looks ready to race. I found a rtr version that I bet will be out soon and probably compared in price to the igt2. The rtr looks suitable for bashing but would need quite a few upgrades to be competitive. I guess that explains their pricing strategy.

Team C rtr
I could not post a link to the rtr version as this is my first post here. If someone else would like to post it or view it just Google gt8le rtr

Overall I'm impressed with the gt-v2e and I'm so close buying one to race. I'm just worried about parts availability.

As far as length. I personally would not want a shorter wheel base. If it was shorter it would be a deal breaker for me.

Bart
bman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
C@T
Tech Adept

Here in Germany the Team C GT8LE is sold under the label of Absima.

There are two versions available, the RTR including motor, esc, body and radio, and a kit car without those parts. The pricetag is nearly the same for both shipping for around 425 Euro.

The parts in the kit are of a much better quality compared with the RTR version. Major parts are the chassis, machined arm mounts and shock towers, real CVD´s instead of simple dog bones and adjustable shocks.

For me that does make the kit a better deal.

Don´t know where the 500 $ tag in the US does come from. If there a body included with the kit ?
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
Tech Master

Shows an option of 2 different bodies to be included. a Corvette or a Ferrari looking unit.

** Every time see someone use their first post to necro-bump a 4 year old thread all I can think is "at least they used the search function" **
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteman View Post
Still trying to wrap my head around the price, still not seeing how this can cost $300 more than a GTP2e
It isn't expensive, the GTP2e is just really cheap. If you look at the other options the price is similar.
Stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
Tech Master

I suppose if you look at it that way. Makes a bit more sense. Still puts it out of my comfortable price range for a parking lot basher.

Mechanically speaking though, where is the added cost in the GTv2e. I don't see anything that groundbreaking different materials and construction wise than the GTP2e.

Or is it as you say the GTP2e/DM1SpecE are just THAT cheap for the class?

Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteman View Post
I suppose if you look at it that way. Makes a bit more sense. Still puts it out of my comfortable price range for a parking lot basher.

Mechanically speaking though, where is the added cost in the GTv2e. I don't see anything that groundbreaking different materials and construction wise than the GTP2e.

Or is it as you say the GTP2e/DM1SpecE are just THAT cheap for the class?

still isnt worth $500+ for the roller , bet you they priced it that high due to the serpent cobra being $600 with no body or tires , for those who dont wanna spend that much this is another option . but this is GT2 size and GTP2 and DM1 are GT1 size wheelbase . per my buddy suggestions the shorter wheelbase car will beat the longer wheelbase car on a onroad track . but well find out come late spring when the races begin . by time you throw in a system , servo and rx and probably some good tires for racing your at $1,000
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
still isnt worth $500+ for the roller , bet you they priced it that high due to the serpent cobra being $600 with no body or tires , for those who dont wanna spend that much this is another option . but this is GT2 size and GTP2 and DM1 are GT1 size wheelbase . per my buddy suggestions the shorter wheelbase car will beat the longer wheelbase car on a onroad track . but well find out come late spring when the races begin . by time you throw in a system , servo and rx and probably some good tires for racing your at $1,000
It is a big jump in price, but there are lotsa upgrades. CVAs all around, separate lower aluminum suspension pin holders(big repair if you break off a Ultra pin holder), better hinge pins, easy adjust motor mount, rear diffuser, split battery battery holders(many more lipo options), much smaller spur and a real looking type body.

Long wheel base cars finished 1 and 2 for the season at our track which is big and wide open. The C6 rules here.
rcwck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #25
Tech Adept

all those points you make , now the price doesnt seem as bad for the couple hundred or so dollars it would cost more then a short wb 1/8 roller kit like dm-1 or gtp
. hopefully I will be able to participate this year and get to race , been itching to pull the car out even though I dont plan to finish in the top 10 lol but as soon as it starts hopefully my buddys will call me when they go this year
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #26
Tech Regular

One thing that I noticed and don't like. They change the diff ratio from 3.31:1 to 4.3:1. Good for off road but not higher speed of onroaders. Insane speed runs will be more difficult.

Can some one verify the largest pinion that will mesh for the stock set up on this GT-V2? Hope 25T will fit.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwck View Post
One thing that I noticed and don't like. They change the diff ratio from 3.31:1 to 4.3:1. Good for off road but not higher speed of onroaders. Insane speed runs will be more difficult.

Can some one verify the largest pinion that will mesh for the stock set up on this GT-V2? Hope 25T will fit.
Opened the box tonight and had to do some Dremel work to fit a 23 tooth. I think 24t might be the upper limit and still leave a little aluminum at the end of the adjustment slot. The kit somes with a 42t spur. The T8 motor is mounted using 2 4mm fhcs. 140mm lipo length looks like the max without removing one of the front or back battery stops. Width and height does not matter. Front diff seems almost as free wheeling as the rear. I will have to thicken up the front to suit my likings(~300k). Shocks have to be assembled and mounted. Kit comes with a bottle of 800 shock oil. First outta box impressions are good. I will be roadcourse testing using 6S power as soon as we get some Spring weather here in Ohio.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Nice good luck with it . They have it at our LHS , RTR for $350 with a 2500kv motor . If I didnt just pick up a Inferno GT2 Id scoop one up as well .
Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #29
C@T
Tech Adept

@ rcwck

There is a 41t spur available as an option part. Will give you alittle more room.
C@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@T View Post
@ rcwck

There is a 41t spur available as an option part. Will give you alittle more room.
Thanks, but got some rings and pinions for the diffs coming. These will make a 3.30:1 diff ratio which when combines with the stock 42t spur and 16-23t pinion will be great for a 4s or 6s set up.