Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT >

OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT

OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT

Old 10-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revrunner
I hate to do this, but I'm in the market for a new on-road brushless. Looking at this or the Sprint 2 Flux. What do you think would be a better buy? Can't seem to find a whole lot of info on this, that's why I'm asking here. Any help is appreciated.
1/8 scale is awesome but so is 1/10 scale. If your just playing around then I would get the ofna. I owened a sprint 2 and loved the car while I had it but you need a area with no rocks what so ever, I destroyed a belt in 2 min on my first run from a tiny pebble got pinched between the open diff case and the belt shredded. The sprint was a well balanced car, I sold it for a tc5 and didn't enjoy it as much. The GT-V2e can take 80mph crashes and drive away, I know because I've done it lol a couple times. I hit 102mph with it over the summer. The car is just fun for me and looks sick. The ofna can be converted to a rally car or buggy or a high speed missile or a drifter for a few bucks if you get bored with it.

Check out my youtube channel Jstall7543.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Marcus, I have been on the site and cannot find the FF pivot block...
are you still making them?

Ps i just opened up my parcel after all this time and realised i never ordered the arm braces

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I am back!! seems like there are some users that still want to talk about the OFNA GTV2 chassis so I did some research on front geometry and came up with this FF pivot block that gives you anti-dive and dynamic caster at the same time. what this relates to is that the car gets more forward traction and under decel eliminates weight transfer so the rear doesnt get unstable under braking! under acceleration the car "stiffens" up much like anti squat does in the rear!

What are you OFNA guys doing for rear toe and antisquat? I drew up a 1* toe block but i have concerns about the rear slop which is inevitable with RC cars. By nature the rear tires tend to "toe out" under acceleration so if i make a toe block for 0 or even 1* the car will probably be really unstable.

CK i tried to get it done before your order went out but i figured you wanted your stuff ASAP!!

I am also working on a contingency program for you speed freaks!!
the RCShox arm braces work wonders at high speeds on the track so will be great for high speed runs and they are aerodynamically better for the underbody since they are flat.
RCSHox 2 stage pistons offer superb stability for rough roads.
RCShox steel shielded bearings are just faster than any rubber sealed bearings
RCShox FFpivot "speed" block coming soon
and RCShox FR toe "speed"block coming soon once we figure out what optimal toe and Antisquat is!

Gimme a couple of days and what i will probably do is give you guys a code to enter in when you order and i will throw some test parts in with your order to give me feedback on, once again thanx for your support and all of your PM's. I could possibly have a line on some dedicated high speed bodies but not sure if i can close the deal or not at the very least i may be able to swing a few samples!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a spare 40T 8mm bore spur Gear if someone is looking for one. Bought it from kershaw designs but I need to go smaller. Send me a pm if interested
Old 01-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Can anyone tell me what kind of body options do we have for this size car and the best place to get them. Mine came with the vette body, but with the cold Michigan air it cracked.I'd like to get the f type Ferrari body and paint it myself. Just need to know who has the best deal on bodies. Tacon 2000Kv motor, stock toro esc, 20t pinion. Also I tried to loctite the set screws in the drivetrain, but mine are so tight I didn't want to strip them. Love the car but it's so cold and wet she's just a shelf queen for now. I'd love to post pics but not possible on this phone.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by budget man
Can anyone tell me what kind of body options do we have for this size car and the best place to get them. Mine came with the vette body, but with the cold Michigan air it cracked.I'd like to get the f type Ferrari body and paint it myself. Just need to know who has the best deal on bodies. Tacon 2000Kv motor, stock toro esc, 20t pinion. Also I tried to loctite the set screws in the drivetrain, but mine are so tight I didn't want to strip them. Love the car but it's so cold and wet she's just a shelf queen for now. I'd love to post pics but not possible on this phone.
The kyosho GT2 body's fit very well and are a lot better quality than the stock body's but there not cheap. Check out how much better my kyosh C6R corvette body looks that stock and they come with headlight baskets and masks for leds as shown on my car here.

Watch "OFNA GT-V2e Road To 100mph New C6R Body" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbK9...e_gdata_player

There is also the trusty world renowned warrior body that's probably your best bang for your buck and one of the fastest body's around, up to 10mph faster over 100mph! Shown here on my YouTube channel. SUBSCRIBE PLEASE!!

Watch "GT-V2e ECKO EXPRESS ipanema Warrior" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ0H...e_gdata_player

Then there's the bodies on Rcshox (GT8L only) but I can't get the website to work correctly on my Galaxy note3 so I assume there's something going on with the site.

Hope this helps! It's the off season right now but I'll be hitting hard again this summer. Check out my Road to 100mph series I did over the summer. It follows most of last summers build. I'm going big next time out! 8s
Old 01-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Thx j. Just subscribed. Do you think 20t pinion is to much for parking lot runs. Nothing serious. I'd be happy with 50 many 60 mph out of this car. It's got the new tacon 2000Kv motor with that toro 150a esc but if the esc blows I got a xerun 150a ready to go in it. Just looking for a setup to run cool on straights and turns just like a track on 4 or 6 cell. Wish I could test if for temps but it's retarded outside right now.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Ya, it's hard to say but the temps will tell the story. Personally I found the toro esc to get hot quick and pails in comparison to a mamba monster. I'm running the original gtv2e electronics in a gtp2e drift car on 5s and it gets hot in about 5min and starts cutting out and I shut it down. Next summer I'll be running Mamba XL2 on 8s.

I meant subscribe to my YouTube channel too!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by budget man
Your best bet for bodies is what Kyosho offers for the GT2 car. Your other option is bodies from RCShox.com. Marcus from rcshox has several bodies that I think are option Team C bodies.

I did find a non-kyosho Audi R8 and MB SLS AMG body while I was in Asia.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:34 AM
C@T
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ac555
I did find a non-kyosho Audi R8 and MB SLS AMG body while I was in Asia.
Any hint where to get those bodies from ?
Old 01-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jstall7543

There is also the trusty world renowned warrior body that's probably your best bang for your buck and one of the fastest body's around, up to 10mph faster over 100mph! Shown here on my YouTube channel.

Watch "GT-V2e ECKO EXPRESS ipanema Warrior" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ0H...e_gdata_player

SUBSCRIBE PLEASE!!

I'm going big next time out! 8s

Thank you very much for your kind words.
It’s great to see people enjoy outstanding top-speed results from using the aerodynamically proven Ipanema Warrior GT race body.

Good luck during your new year of high speed running!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,
I just sold my GTP2-e and I'll order a GTPV2e Pro.
I will use the same motor and ESC that I used on my GTP2, a RX8 with T8 2650kv. I just run on track, no bashing, and I was using a 20T pinion. What pinion size should I buy or I keep the same 20T?
Another question, I'd like a recomendation of a good servo bellow $100.
Thanks in advance,
Roberto Pompeu
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by C@T
Any hint where to get those bodies from ?
www.eurorc.com
www.rcshox.com

Neither sell the benz body but I think Marcus @ rcshox mentioned he could possibly get it.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Any of you guys know where to get aftermarket springs for the front?

I'm looking for springs around 1.5" length with different spring rates.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Just ordered a new Ofna GT-V2e from Tower.

Anything else I should do before running it besides checking all screws and wheel nuts?

This car will be mainly ran in races, not for straight speed also.

Cheers
Old 02-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bellvis
Just ordered a new Ofna GT-V2e from Tower.

Anything else I should do before running it besides checking all screws and wheel nuts?

This car will be mainly ran in races, not for straight speed also.

Cheers
Did u order the RtR version or the Pro roller?
If u order the RtR version then you might want to swap out the esc,motor,servo,get yourself some cvd driveshafts if you plan todo any real racing . If just parking lot racing then just run it out the box

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.