Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT >

OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT

OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT

Old 08-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
I just test drove it to 50mph and everything seemed ok but maybe the rear is to stiff with the new springs. Super fast now with the new gearing lol like 50 at 1/4 throttle.... now the fear is setting in.... I blacked out the center spoke on the grp's and I think it looks tight. Looks like I cut it out but didn't. Optical illusion.
Did you glass the body or using a 5th body post?
Don't know if you have one yet, but there's a nice cnc form-fitting foam bumper for the body too.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckhaber
I hear ya, i basically have no suspension in the front at all,if you push down on the front of my car it rebounds very slowly.Chris
Chris, you were right, I put 30wt in the rear and bled them with the shafts all the way in and it feels about right. I was bleeding them with the shafts extended. Thanks for the insperation. Think I'll do 30 or 40 in the front.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dude, once you drive one of these car that fast you will be trippen! At first I was really scare around 70mph then I hit 86mph then I hit 97mph! Its absolutely intense!
Chris, you were right, I put 30wt in the rear and bled them with the shafts all the way in and it feels about right. I was bleeding them with the shafts extended. Thanks for the insperation. Think I'll do 30 or 40 in the front.
Ya sounds about right,after bleeding them i look for about 1/8" to 1/4" rebound.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Did you glass the body or using a 5th body post?
Don't know if you have one yet, but there's a nice cnc form-fitting foam bumper for the body too.
I noticed that after i received my body from Bruckners.In the mean time i used a XO1 bumper cut to shape and hot glued onto my existing bumper.Chris
Old 08-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ckhaber
I noticed that after i received my body from Bruckners.In the mean time i used a XO1 bumper cut to shape and hot glued onto my existing bumper.Chris
If it works good, that's all that matters for now.

Get into our contest in September and you can win a free body & bumper too!
Attached Thumbnails OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT-1-free-ipanema-top-speed-runners-contest-2.jpg  
Old 08-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Jspeed, I thought I saw ipanema belted tires, am I wrong? Also do you think your hardest compund would be any good for drifting? I'm thinking about converting my gtp2e into a drifter but I'd like a little traction too.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

I went 30wt on all 4 corners and back to the black pro springs, i still used the rtr spring perches in front because they are about 1/8 taller making up for the short springs a little. I'm going to hit it hard tomorrow fingers crosses she doesn't get away from me. I'm going to put my radar gun on a tripod for backup. Then my wife can still film with both hands and be prepaired to run if needed. My buddy Nate might go to. The car felt ballistic with the new gearing. I'm curious what the xo-1 splitter will do, I only hit 50 today on my street because its so sketchy, the road is really old and crowned and bumpy. Need to find a smooth safe road tomorrow, that's actually pretty hard to do so far because there's always something I don't like.

Last edited by Jstall7543; 08-04-2013 at 02:37 AM. Reason: unknown!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

I want to set up my old GtP2e ultra for drifting, I really enjoyed drifting my old sprint 2 so I figure the bigger the better right. I'll do some video's in a couple weeks. I might attempt making my own tires.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Jspeed, I thought I saw ipanema belted tires, am I wrong? Also do you think your hardest compund would be any good for drifting? I'm thinking about converting my gtp2e into a drifter but I'd like a little traction too.
Yes, we have several types of belted tires for GT. The belts are vulcanized into the rubber for strength & durability.

GT slicks in two widths. Specs: Fronts 100mm x 41mm - Rears 100mm x 47mm

We have top-speed racer "Junior from Trinidad" getting ready for a top-speed run very soon with our 60 & 65 shore belted slicks with hard foam inserts in a few weeks. "JR" is known to some, as one of the 1st to break 121 mph with a GT car about 4 years ago on our slicks. He always liked the low rolling resistance of tires and will be running the Warrior too.

Our treaded GTR tires are also belted the same way. The tread pattern is directional, they perform very well in wet or dusty conditions. The threads are very deep and cool looking too. Specs: 101mm x 41mm

At the current time there are only 40, 45 & 50 shore slicks inventory available in North American; most are equipped with our medium/soft inserts.

Very soon, there will be a nice availability of harder shore GT slicks and treaded GT tires here in America. They will be in our 50, 55, 60 & 65 shores; good for top-speed, maybe some controlled drifting and all around bashing.

We have a few different wheels, the most common is the BBS style, nice looking 5 spoke star and dished wheels.

For top speed, the dish might be best to help control wind turbulence over the wheel's face at hi-velocity. Expect to see more of them being made available again too.

Will post info on them when they arrive, ok

Feel free to check out the website www.ipanemasports.com
Attached Thumbnails OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT-ipanema-gt-slicks-front-n-rear-side.jpg  
Old 08-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

YES!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

The PF8 was designed by my friend Dale Epps after I begged him to make us a super hi-downforce GT body.

At the time we all track raced the Kyosho IGT1 Ferrari, BMW, Mitsubushi and Austin Martin car bodies; because we were racing with the early Kyosho V-Slick tires. For the track use they had very good traction, but they were getting too expensive and hurting our GT track class racer's wallets; racer attendance at the track was in decline.

We wanted to try the harder rubber "Twister" & new Ipanema tires that were starting to appear at the tracks. They didn't have the same all around traction, but they lasted more than one race. A hi-downforce body would help the whole class reduce operational costs.

About a year later Dale called me up and said he finished the body for us. He sent me pictures of the actual "plug" used for tooling of the PF8. A few weeks later he sent me six of the PF8's before they were made commercially available.

In "intro" of this video below, you can see the first PF8 bodies that ever raced on a track, doing the final testing. Dale's new body really glued the cars to the old Homestead Motor Speedway track very well; at times a little too much, lol

You might more fun with a body with less traction for higher speed drifting.

Enjoy this video if you've never seen it before, it's not electric but it's cool!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Jspeed; 08-04-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Pineapple Express coming thru!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Are you running the Pineapple Express today?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Are you running the Pineapple Express today?
Yes sir! Around 1-2pm today. Should be interesting! Stay tuned!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

I do have a warrior bumper but didn't modify it for use with the xo-1 splitter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.