Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a 10th scale touring

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 02:49 PM
RPC
Tech Adept

Default Looking for a 10th scale touring

Whats up everyone, not new to the hobby just back after a 2 year stretch do to work. now i have a few questions i currently race 12th scale indoor carpet, i would like to start running 10th scale touring as well, i used to run a tc3 factory team with a custom carbon fiber chassis with top brace (forget which company) and with all the new 10th scale cars out im wondering what you guys think as far as durability and drivability. I am looking at the new xray fk05 kit or a newer yokomo kit, what would you guys reccomend?.

A little backround info, i plan on running stock and mod class the local track i run at is a little small but good for 10th scale stock, and perfect for 12th scale. so i would like to hear what you guys think about the new kits out. I was looking into the xxxs g+ but i know they really shine with a wide open track and I dont exactly have that to race on. Thanks a bunch to all that respond

-Ryan
Old 03-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

X-Ray all the way or what ever suits you. They are all very competeive cars. I would go with whatever you can get parts the easiest for. I run X-ray and use Stomierhobbies as a supplier. They alway seem to have what I need.

Just my .02
Old 03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Speedtechrc also carries all the goodies foe an x-ray.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
RPC
Tech Adept

Well my local shop/track is very good with parts and stock most of the parts for both cars, as well as about 99% of the parts for the tc3 and the xxxs. so maintaining and finding parts really isnt the issue, i would like to get a couple of views on each of the new kits and see what people think about them.

-Ryan
Old 03-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Here is something that might help.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=64996
Old 03-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Corally RDX, the box stock carpet spec version is competitive as any other car out there. All the new kits are becoming more expensive, so when people mention the price being a lil high, look at the new x-ray car and jrx-s. And personally, ive noticed it is hard to get parts for the x-ray, local hobby stores and at the nats, and the corally parts i feel like can easily be bought in a local store if people are running the car. But any online store can supply parts to any car if they carry it.