Wiki Posts
Search

Pulsar reseting problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pulsar reseting problem

About an hour ago, when I was cycling my packs, I touched my pulsar, and I got shocked(static, not from the charger itself). Once this happend, the screen went blanc, so I unplugged it and it seemed to work fine. After the pack was done discharging, I noticed that the settings had gotten screwed up, so I went to the settings menu, and put them back to normal. Then, when I hooked up another battery pack, the settings were all screwed up again. Is this a common problem? Is there any way to fix it without being shipped in?

Thanks in advance,
rcguy2477
Old 12-31-2004, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

That is not good. It happened to my Pulsar comp also. Same thing, matching a battery and I touched the charger and got a shock. Charger went blank. Your charger needs to be sent in. LRP fixed mine for free, I only had to pay for dumb alligator clips that I cut off, and shipping and handling.
Snowy.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

My friend got the same thing when he was running in a motor, it went blank and the settings were weird, He sent it in and got a new one for free
Old 12-31-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Were the sent in and repaired for free under warentee? I got mine second-hand, and I'm afraid that I will be charged a ton.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcguy2477
Were the sent in and repaired for free under warentee? I got mine second-hand, and I'm afraid that I will be charged a ton.
I have not had this problem yet, but i got mine second hand too, so i am worried about being charged a ton too if i had this problem.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think you have to mail your receipt with the charger as you return, only then you can get a new one free or your old charger repaired for free. The one's i know of have been doing this..
Old 12-31-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The first person I know of got a $60 bill from Associated when they returned their charger with this issue....

Since others are now getting theirs fixed for free, he is going to go back to them to complain...

Old 12-31-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Just to let you all know, the LRP chargers and speed controls are under full warranty for 90 days from the date of purchase (for the original purchaser) providing you send it in along with your original purchase receipt.

For the Limited Lifetime Warranty YOU MUST fill out the BLUE WARRANTY CARD included in the box when you purchased your charger or speed control and send it in along with a COPY of your purchase receipt. If you did not there is NO limited life time warranty after the 90 days are up!

And just for the record the only chargers and speed controls that are fixed at no charge are units under the 90 day warranty that have the receipt showing its been less then 90 days from the date of purchase.

Conclusion:

If you send in your charger or speed control and do not include a receipt and/or it has been beyond the 90 days since you (the original) purchaser bought the charger and you did not fill out the BLUE WARRANTY CARD included with the unit and sent it in with a copy of the receipt when you bought it, there will be a fee charged for any repairs or service.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

I can see paying for a repair, if the damage was done by the user, but not in this circumstance. It seems like many users have had this problem. Nowhere in the directions did I see: Warning: make sure you wear static guard before you touch your charger, static shock will cause permanent damage to your charger. Heck, it could have been the charger that caused the shock, since nothing on or near me could have provided enough friction to provide a shock like the one i experienced
Old 12-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

This static shock problem happened to my brother and a friend of mine. Cooked both chargers on the spot. They seem to give a good jolt. My brother got his replaced with a second hand one and my pal paid a LARGE fee to have his fixed.

My brothers went in Cleveland. Good thing it happened on the last pack of the weekend.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey shadow, pony up and buy a real charger j/k
Old 01-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah it happened to me like a few others said, and it sucked. It gave me a pretty good shock too it kinda hurt a bit. If anything they should be paying me cause their product caused me a little pain.

They did charge me $60 for the charger to get a new one but now that I have hered that some people have gotten them back for free, and had the charger for over a year, and didnt fill out any warrenty card. I will be calling them for sure next week.

Hey Kev sorry bout thurs. I thought about it after, and shouldent have done that to ya in the main.

Last edited by jasong; 01-01-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

I was just wondering, was it the charger that caused the shock, or the person? If it is the charger, than the repair should definitely be done for free reguardless of it being in warranty or not.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I dont know if it was me or the chrger. All I know is it didnt fell to good.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I will say this... I can scuff my feet etc. and touch any other charger with no problems, but if you so much as sneeze too hard the stupid LRP chargers zap you. I really think it is a problem with the chargers. Maybe a ground issue or something??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.