Wiki Posts
Search

Help me decide on a 1/8 on road

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Help me decide on a 1/8 on road

I have it narrowed down to the 2 cars I am looking at, the serpent GT-e and the Motonica p81rs2 Electron. I like Serpent and I have multiple models from them that I run and so far have loved them all. On the other hand I just noticed the Motonica which looks amazing.

What I will be driving on either blacktop or carpet so I would like one that handles well on both but the surface may not be perfectly flat so it has to be able to accept some variances in the track. It also needs to be able to take a bumping well from other drivers without breaking into pieces.

I don't know much about the Motonica other than it looks very very sexy. But I do have a 811-e buggy that the GT-e basically is and I have only had to replace bearings so far due to over jumping the track and smacking into a wall and popping open the bearing on my front dif. I would assume the Serpent could handle variances in the track and bumps better as well.

Any info would be awesome. If i go with the Serpent I would like to get it ordered this week to get it together.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Meh I ordered the Serpent. Haven't done me wrong yet plus it looks like it will handle rougher tracks a little better.