R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #16
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
JRX-S is the replacement of the XXX-Sg+

The HPI Pro4 and Yokomo SSG are the best "deals" in electric touring, without a doubt.

PS, that is a non-bias statement
Actually Losi says the XXX-S will NOT be replaced by the JRXS. The XXX-S will remain their basher/club racing sedan but the JRXS will be the new high end sedan for racing and on-track performance. For some of us racers this writes off the XXX-S as the "old car" and brings the JRXS in as the "new, race car". But for club racers and bashers, the XXX-S will be a good value to be picked up off of EBay.
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
I'm currently having a love affair with my FK05...the car has instantly made me (and everyone else at my local track that has tried one) faster....the car accelerates well, transitions amazingly and is so nice and free....

The TC4 is a nice car...but any reason you'd recommend it other than "it's what you have?" I tried the TC4 and just had to make the move back to Xray.

To enter into touring if you're on a budget you may be well served to take a look at the used car market. Cut your teeth on the used rig then when you feel your ready take the step up to whatever kit catches your eye.

If I wanted a shaft TC I'd probably look at the Pro4, as HPI has good parts support and the drivetrain is nice and free out of the box...TC4 still needs work.

Belt cars seem to be all the rage right now with the FK05, RDX, Yokomo MR-4TCBD or whatever jumble of letters they call it, and JRXS if it ever ships (sorry guys...cheap shot I know)...but the previous generation of cars is still VERY competitive (XXXS-G+, Xray T1FK, etc)

RTR's are another way to get into the hobby, although you'll find that you still end up eventually upgrading all the RTR parts so you soon end up costing more than the full kit versions...but you can do it a little at a time if you are on a budget.

Typically a RTR needs new tires and a new motor to suit your local race classes. From there you need to add a better servo as your skills improve, possibly upgrade to an FM radio if your area is prone to glitches or if you expand your rc collection. Possibly upgrade your ESC (heard mixed reports on the RTR offereings) and replace the flexible RTR parts as they break with stiffer components for racing...
Best advice I'd seen yet!!
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:30 PM   #18
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

you only like it because I said the Pro4 is a nice shaft car....I'd still take my FK05 in a heartbeat...

wouldn't trade it for a Pro4 a whack of parts and $100
Team Tekin
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote