Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
new chassis out there for the F201 Check it out!!! >

new chassis out there for the F201 Check it out!!!

new chassis out there for the F201 Check it out!!!

Old 04-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by VRF201
And I thought RCTech was a good forum location for talking about RC Cars?

I now know differently (It's about money).

Good Luck Marty!

VRF201 (Roy)
Hey Roy, you go racing yesterday?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

No!

Parts on order for the car.

Did you?

VRF201(Roy)
Old 04-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by VRF201
No!

Parts on order for the car.

Did you?

VRF201(Roy)
Nope, been sicker than a dog......
Old 04-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Default F201 Foam Tyres

Thanks all of you for your replys I didn't think I listed any prices or anything but I will check, I do thnk you for your support on this !

Martin

Well I did tell someone that I would look into this And it worked out real nice,

Foam Tires for the F201,

Do you run on carpet ? or out door track with a traction aid ?

I took a set of Stock Tamiya wheels for the F201 and put them into the lathe today and took the mounting edge down, Then I took an old NIB set of front and rear foams for the F103 that I have and mounted them on the wheels, then I trued the tyres and took the car outside and ran it WOW!!!!! it was faster off the line in the corners and top speed I have 7 Tamiya's all F201 all with the same runinggear and this thing moves man try it or I might even put it on my webpage

http://home.comcast.net/~martylee38/...ome.html-.html

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 04-03-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Ordering your F201S

Originally posted by Marty Peterson
you can now use paypal when you order your chassis ok everyone

Thank you.

Martin Peterson

MLP R/C Motorsports Inc.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to seem like I was coming down too hard on Marty, I was just referring to this post, if it was the thread in general I would have closed it.

It is not against forum policy to discuss the chassis, but as Nova F1 Racer said, to use the forum as a selling platform is.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 04-04-2005, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We used foams when we use to run out doors on asphalt.Yes I used my traction stuff. The tamiya cars looked more realistic with the 1/12th foams. But I had mine special ordered (tall) because there was no way to lower the front end. I also had an conversion kit made by BME for the front end and the rear axle.I could send you one if your interested.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BullFrog
We used foams when we use to run out doors on asphalt.Yes I used my traction stuff. The tamiya cars looked more realistic with the 1/12th foams. But I had mine special ordered (tall) because there was no way to lower the front end. I also had an conversion kit made by BME for the front end and the rear axle.I could send you one if your interested.
I made a set for the F201 and I was looking to see if anyone else had run them looking to know how it worked on the car.

Check out photos on the ones I made.
Thanks Bull Frog. send me a pic of it ok if you could.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Those foams look sweet!

I really really love the Renault the best!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Tyres worked out sweet but no time to test yet building way to many chassis. as for Renault F1 Yep!!!!!!!! nice to see some one else out front and Toyota Red bull Mclaren back Williams ? so so
Ferrari Who ??? LOL I have been a Ferrari fan for over 28 years but I don't like the new rules I thought before when they narrowed up the cars and went with grooved tyres that it was the wrong move and now with the new wing rule engine rule and tire rule I think it might be time for B.E. and M.M. to move on.
And they always say they are doing this to keep costs down or for safety well I see teams are saving so much money blowing engines up left and right and how safe is it when a car like an F1 car is runnig around with no traction and there has been no passing at all so how has it made anything better ? ??

But that is just the way I think. LOL

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 04-06-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally... after years of supporting Renault, everyone else is seeing the light!!

I've been a Renault supporter ever since I saw the Williams-Renault cars in 1994. I followed the engine manufacturer after the dominance that they had engines in the best two manufacturers cars and from then on, I've been a Renault NUT!!! Bring on the new chassis and if anyone has any idea of how to make a Renault Lexan shell, or even just new molded wings with extra endplates, let me know!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Marty I have no way to send a picture. Yours looks fine. I had BSR make my tires for me back when I raced them.
As for the new F1 Rules they have made me a non-viewer this year after over ten years. No tire changes what a joke.When are they going to put rev- limiters? By they way I've been a fan of the Red machine since Mansell, Berger/Alesi. They are done and so I'll wait for more of your cars to get built and get one.
I've got an idea for you........
Old 04-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Finally... after years of supporting Renault, everyone else is seeing the light!!

I've been a Renault supporter ever since I saw the Williams-Renault cars in 1994. I followed the engine manufacturer after the dominance that they had engines in the best two manufacturers cars and from then on, I've been a Renault NUT!!! Bring on the new chassis and if anyone has any idea of how to make a Renault Lexan shell, or even just new molded wings with extra endplates, let me know!!!!
Yep my wife has been a Renault fan form the days of M.S. first win never pulling for anyone but them even before they were renault, as for making a lexan shell or parts I have been looking for info for 10 years on how to make a Lexan Body but no one will help I would love to make all the F1 Cars in what I call true to form. this is where I will be going with my chassis one day as well.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

F201 Chassis are going out the door man this was a hit!!!
Thank you everyone!

Our new cars that should be out late fall, will have foam and rubber tires it will use wheel like the F201 it will also be 2WD and full independent suspension it will use a slipper clutch design and a saddle pack battery set up with the motor and rear diff inline down the center of the chassis for the best C.G. location.

The Tires we will be coming out with are on our website,

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 04-09-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

All looks good mate, just wish you were using side x side packs. Thats the only thing really stopping me from wanting to get one, especially as it utilizes the top deck from the 3 Racing chassis.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

ok for us in the cheep seats what is a side x side pack please????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.