Wiki Posts
Search

CS Electronic Dyno help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default CS Electronic Dyno help!!

I just bought an CS ELECTRONIC DYNO and I don't have any kind of direction on it. I manage to get it to work with stock motor..but some how...it will not work with my 10x2 mod....any one have any idea where can I get some info and direction on this?

Thanks
Old 07-25-2002, 05:58 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: CS Electronic Dyno help!!

Originally posted by superk
I just bought an CS ELECTRONIC DYNO and I don't have any kind of direction on it. I manage to get it to work with stock motor..but some how...it will not work with my 10x2 mod....any one have any idea where can I get some info and direction on this?

Thanks
CS Dyno have problems with low turn motors (8T) (normally 10T are OK! ). Are you getting the "Charge Nicads" error? if you are then you will need to run with two packs of batteries in PARALLEL. The figures will become screwed up but if you compare "like with like" you still get relative figures between two motors.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:03 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Here is a copy of the email response I got from CS regarding using the Dyno for 8T motors;

Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products.
There are no different versions of Powercheck, only the software is updated, actual PC-Software version is 1.5. (You can update from our download pages in the web)

For testing motors with 10 turns and less we recommend to use two battery packs in parallel for testing, because these motors are taking so high current while accelerating. We never tested motors with less than 7 turns, because this is the practical limit and we learned, that we get a lot of problems using this motors (i.e. difficult gear ratio, overload of the transmission, lots of heat in the cars from batteries, motor speedo and wiring) Fortunately we now have a motorlimit of 10 turns for Off Road and 12 turns for On Road.

Have fun with CS products.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards / Have a nice day / CU / ;-))
Christian Sterr, CS-electronic, http://www.cs-electronic.com